View more stacked washers dryers

3.7
Other Stacked Washers & Dryers:
Whirlpool
Models:
LTE5243DQ, LTG5243DQ
Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D

Worth the cost

While this unit is quite expensive, because it's very efficient and saves on space, we believe its worth the cost. We just installed it in one of our rental units that our child is living in. Of course, being a stacked unit, you would think its capacity is greatly reduced, but it's not. There's just a small reduction in the amount of clothes it will hold. Only thing we've found we can't wash in it are quilts bigger than twin size. Energy Efficiency The slightly smaller size means that it uses a lot less water than other units (our water bill has already gone down by 10%). So even though a few extra loads have to be done to compensate for the smaller size, it still is energy efficient. Cleaning Time It has normal cycles and the time isn't any different from full sized units. Performance Cleans just as well as a full sized unit. We've not had any complaints. Ease of Use Super simple. Easy directions. Easy choices to set your wash cycles. No problems. Easily visible and easy to reach. Design Same as other models we saw in the store. Durability We hope they last 8-15 years with normal wear and tear.

true

Wonderful stacked washer and dryer

I have multiple units of these stacked washer and dryer sets for my work employees to wash their clothes uniforms after work. The narrow design and dual stack height fit perfectly in our workplace. My operators really like being able to wash and dry in one unit to keep their clothes separated from one another. The wash quality meets our requirements and they have shown significant durability for the last couple months of continuous usage. Energy Efficiency These are the energy efficiency models. As a business owner it is critical that I have these available for my operators to use, but also reduce the amount of energy needed to operate them. Cleaning Time I have not seen a difference in cleaning time between these units and others. They all seem to be able the same. Performance The wash quality of this unit meets our requirements. I am very happy with the performance. While they are not the biggest units available but meet our expectations. Ease of Use These are very easy to load and unload uniforms. Design I really like the narrow and stacked design as it allows us to place multiple units side by side for efficiency. Durability These units are used continuously everyday and have shown excellent wear and durability.

Longevity.....

I've read a lot of the reviews and I can agree with you all. But I must say I've had mine for a little over 11 years and yes it can be a little noisey and will shake and rattle if you overload it. So a review can also depend on how you treat the merchandise. I live in a mobile home so when my teenager uses it, she'll have the entire home shaking and I've only had one major thing to go wrong with it. It got stuck and wouldn't drain water so I had a machine full of water but the problem was a sock (infant) was stuck in the pipe. Only problem in 11 years, so I can actually say 8 or 9. The dryer has also been wonderful...but the last four times I used it, it starts to squeak, and then it will stop. So it will do this on and off during a cycle. But I figured out if the washer is going at the same time, it wouldn't do the squeaking thing. So Again I must say it has longevity. Cleaning Time NO problems unless you overload! Performance Excellent!

true

Noisy but gets the job done

I have this laundry center in my apartment right now. Being a stacked unit it saves space and fits conveniently in a small closet, out of sight when not in use. The washer and dryer can both be operated at the same time. I don't typically have very large loads to wash, so I find that the washer is big enough for me. There are several different wash/spin/temperature/load settings to choose from (the usuals: normal, delicate, soak etc). It gets my clothes clean as expected. I think the dryer is quite good. It is one of the faster dryers that I have used in my lifetime and the lint tray is fairly easy to clean. My biggest complaint with this unit is the noise. The washing machine is very noisy during the spin cycle, and I constantly worry about it going out of balance. So far I haven't had any major issues, but I do not have a lot of confidence in the machine lasting very long. Overall I would say this is an average quality combo unit. If you are looking for something compact and that will get the job done and isn't as expensive as a high end model, you could consider this stacked laundry center.

Outrageously priced junk

I have health problems and also have five children and a husband. So I need to do laundry on a regular basis to keep up with it but it's hard to make it up and down the stairs constantly and carrying the clothes up and down is also hard. So I decided to looked for a set of stacked washer and dryers for small spaces that I could have installed in my kitchen. I was so glad when I was finally able to make the purchase (it definitely wasn't cheap) and I thought my problems were answered. The very first time I ran the washer, the washer drum jumped off the strut. I found through trial and error that the washer drum has to be perfectly balanced or it will jump off every time. That's a lot of work for a machine that is supposed to simplify my life. Energy Efficiency Obviously with the size being smaller it's more energy efficient than larger side by side models. Cleaning Time It just depends on if you can get the cycle to finish without being thrown off balance! Performance When it works properly, it does a decent job of getting the clothes cleaned and dried. Ease of Use It could have potentially been very easy to use, if it wasn't constantly thrown off balance. Design It is simple and blended in with the kitchen decor without sticking out like a sore thumb. Durability Junk. Enough said.

Undisclosed

false

Whirlpool Thin-Twin Stacked Electric Washer/Dryer is O.K.

The Whirlpool 24-inch Thin-Twin Stacked Electric Washer/Dryer gets the job done, but it is far from perfect. For starters, it gets unbalanced often and then bangs back and forth (in my case, knocking dryer sheets and detergent off the top) and making so much noise it can be heard from outside. I had this issue looked at by a repairman, as I had hoped it could be fixed, but no such luck. The dryer is slightly better, it dries clothes in a reasonable amount of time (30-40 minutes), but the lint collector only catches 85% of the lint and I find myself cleaning the other 15% out from behind the lint collector. If you live in a small space and it is only a temporary situation, I would say I would still consider this appliance, but if you are looking for something for the long haul, I would look at other makes and/or models.

Grundy, VA

true

Only if you are a single person

If space is your issue, you are single, and much of your clothes is mostly sweat, this is perfect. I had it when it was my husband and I in a small house and we could barely do one load. It was a lot of energy and water, wasted, I think. We didn't use that much of clothes but couldn't fit it all either. Not to mention blankets etc. If you fill in too much, it may damage the tube inside, as it did in ours. Energy Efficiency Waste of energy in my opinion since you have to do at least two loads to wash a couple's laundry. Cleaning Time It's fast if you need to, but I don't think it cleans well bc of that. Performance It does the job with a small load. Ease of Use Very easy. No problems figuring it out. Design It's its best feature. It goes and fits anywhere Durability I'm afraid this won't last too long. Don' like it already with the problems it has been giving us

true

This is a great washer/dryer combo

This washer/dryer combo fits the bill for a small space and average load requirement. The washer uses smaller amounts of water but does a fine job cleaning. The dryer uses much less time than my old stand alone dryer and is very efficient. I am extremely pleased with this purchase.

Gaithersburg, MD

true

Perfect for a new family!

We have had the Whirlpool Washer Dryer - Top Load Stacked LTE5243D for over two years now and it has not failed us yet.  We have a two year old daughter and this washing machine and dryer have gotten us through many large loads of laundry.  At one point, when our daughter was just born, we were doing 3-4 loads of laundry a day!   I love how quickly the washing machine will fill with water and keeps the temperature I set.  The agitation is great, no matter what setting I choose.  I probably tend to make my loads of laundry a bit larger than I should, but the Whirlpool Washer Dryer - Top Load Stacked LTE5243D is able to handle all of my clothes. The dryer usually dries my entire load of laundry on the first cycle through.  There have been a few times when I've overstuffed it with towels that I need to add a bit of additional time to make sure everything is throughly dried.   This has been a great washer/dryer for our family, and I am glad to give it a great review!

Saint Joseph, MI

true

Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D is convenient!

**Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer** is very easy to use. It is a great space saver. I had one in my apartment complex and it gets the job done. It can be placed behind folding closet doors so you won't even notice it is there unless someone points it out to you. It has an easy transfer; you barely have to move around to get the clothes in from the washing machine to the dryer. However, the downside is that you cannot wash your blankets in them. I tried fitting my blanket into the washing machine and was so surprised that the size of the machine was so much smaller than the other washing machines I have used. Same goes with the dryer. I was disappointed. The blanket came out wrinkly and not completely dry.****

San Diego, CA