View more stacked washers dryers

3.6
Other Stacked Washers & Dryers:
Whirlpool
Models:
LTE5243DQ, LTG5243DQ
Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D

Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D

3.6

This is an awesome invention.

I think this is an awesome invention. It's very convenient & saves space. Works well in apartments that don't have enough room room for a side by side washer/dryer. When I move into an apartment that is a great selling feature for the apartment, because it keeps me from having to load up laundry & take it to the laundry mat. With the construction of the set its very comforting for those that may not be able to bend down much. For singles that generally don't have a lot of laundry to do it is just the right size. Kudos

had it less than four months and both units had problems

I purchased this unit (Whirlpool stackable washer/dryer) on August 16th 2007.  On Sept. 22, 2007, the day before I went on vacation, the dryer stopped heating.  I called for a refund or repair when I got back, and was told I could only get a repair.  It turned out the igniter was defective, and was replaced.

On Dec. 11, when I was doing a load of wash, I heard a bang.  I went to investigate and found smoke in the back porch.  I turned off the washer, and opened the lid and found smoke.  I called Whirlpool, again requesting a refund, and was told they don't give refunds.  Remember, I've had this unit less than** FOUR** months.  They did agree to extend my warranty until 2009.  It turned out that a part (motor start capacitor) had literally exploded.

If I could give a negative rating, I would do so.  I would caution anyone about buying a  whirlpool product

An additional note  On December 23rd, less than two weeks after the washer was repaired, it happened again.  As it is a sunday, I'm unable to reach whirlpool to again request a refund of my purchase price.

Worth the cost

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

While this unit is quite expensive, because it's very efficient and saves on space, we believe its worth the cost. We just installed it in one of our rental units that our child is living in. Of course, being a stacked unit, you would think its capacity is greatly reduced, but it's not. There's just a small reduction in the amount of clothes it will hold. Only thing we've found we can't wash in it are quilts bigger than twin size.

Energy Efficiency
The slightly smaller size means that it uses a lot less water than other units (our water bill has already gone down by 10%). So even though a few extra loads have to be done to compensate for the smaller size, it still is energy efficient.

Cleaning Time
It has normal cycles and the time isn't any different from full sized units.

Cleans just as well as a full sized unit. We've not had any complaints.

Super simple. Easy directions. Easy choices to set your wash cycles. No problems. Easily visible and easy to reach.

Same as other models we saw in the store.

We hope they last 8-15 years with normal wear and tear.

Longevity.....

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

I've read a lot of the reviews and I can agree with you all. But I must say I've had mine for a little over 11 years and yes it can be a little noisey and will shake and rattle if you overload it. So a review can also depend on how you treat the merchandise. I live in a mobile home so when my teenager uses it, she'll have the entire home shaking and I've only had one major thing to go wrong with it. It got stuck and wouldn't drain water so I had a machine full of water but the problem was a sock (infant) was stuck in the pipe. Only problem in 11 years, so I can actually say 8 or 9. The dryer has also been wonderful...but the last four times I used it, it starts to squeak, and then it will stop. So it will do this on and off during a cycle. But I figured out if the washer is going at the same time, it wouldn't do the squeaking thing. So Again I must say it has longevity.

Cleaning Time
NO problems unless you overload!

Excellent!

Noisy but gets the job done

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

I have this laundry center in my apartment right now. Being a stacked unit it saves space and fits conveniently in a small closet, out of sight when not in use.

The washer and dryer can both be operated at the same time. I don't typically have very large loads to wash, so I find that the washer is big enough for me. There are several different wash/spin/temperature/load settings to choose from (the usuals: normal, delicate, soak etc). It gets my clothes clean as expected. I think the dryer is quite good. It is one of the faster dryers that I have used in my lifetime and the lint tray is fairly easy to clean.

My biggest complaint with this unit is the noise. The washing machine is very noisy during the spin cycle, and I constantly worry about it going out of balance. So far I haven't had any major issues, but I do not have a lot of confidence in the machine lasting very long.

Overall I would say this is an average quality combo unit. If you are looking for something compact and that will get the job done and isn't as expensive as a high end model, you could consider this stacked laundry center.

Outrageously priced junk

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

I have health problems and also have five children and a husband. So I need to do laundry on a regular basis to keep up with it but it's hard to make it up and down the stairs constantly and carrying the clothes up and down is also hard. So I decided to looked for a set of stacked washer and dryers for small spaces that I could have installed in my kitchen. I was so glad when I was finally able to make the purchase (it definitely wasn't cheap) and I thought my problems were answered. The very first time I ran the washer, the washer drum jumped off the strut. I found through trial and error that the washer drum has to be perfectly balanced or it will jump off every time. That's a lot of work for a machine that is supposed to simplify my life.

Energy Efficiency
Obviously with the size being smaller it's more energy efficient than larger side by side models.

Cleaning Time
It just depends on if you can get the cycle to finish without being thrown off balance!

When it works properly, it does a decent job of getting the clothes cleaned and dried.

It could have potentially been very easy to use, if it wasn't constantly thrown off balance.

It is simple and blended in with the kitchen decor without sticking out like a sore thumb.

Junk. Enough said.

Whirlpool Thin-Twin Stacked Electric Washer/Dryer is O.K.

from Grundy, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

The Whirlpool 24-inch Thin-Twin Stacked Electric Washer/Dryer gets the job done, but it is far from perfect. For starters, it gets unbalanced often and then bangs back and forth (in my case, knocking dryer sheets and detergent off the top) and making so much noise it can be heard from outside. I had this issue looked at by a repairman, as I had hoped it could be fixed, but no such luck. The dryer is slightly better, it dries clothes in a reasonable amount of time (30-40 minutes), but the lint collector only catches 85% of the lint and I find myself cleaning the other 15% out from behind the lint collector. If you live in a small space and it is only a temporary situation, I would say I would still consider this appliance, but if you are looking for something for the long haul, I would look at other makes and/or models.

Perfect for a new family!

from Saint Joseph, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

We have had the Whirlpool Washer Dryer - Top Load Stacked LTE5243D for over two years now and it has not failed us yet.  We have a two year old daughter and this washing machine and dryer have gotten us through many large loads of laundry.  At one point, when our daughter was just born, we were doing 3-4 loads of laundry a day!

I love how quickly the washing machine will fill with water and keeps the temperature I set.  The agitation is great, no matter what setting I choose.  I probably tend to make my loads of laundry a bit larger than I should, but the Whirlpool Washer Dryer - Top Load Stacked LTE5243D is able to handle all of my clothes.

The dryer usually dries my entire load of laundry on the first cycle through.  There have been a few times when I've overstuffed it with towels that I need to add a bit of additional time to make sure everything is throughly dried.

This has been a great washer/dryer for our family, and I am glad to give it a great review!

Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D is convenient!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

**Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer** is very easy to use. It is a great space saver. I had one in my apartment complex and it gets the job done. It can be placed behind folding closet doors so you won't even notice it is there unless someone points it out to you. It has an easy transfer; you barely have to move around to get the clothes in from the washing machine to the dryer. However, the downside is that you cannot wash your blankets in them. I tried fitting my blanket into the washing machine and was so surprised that the size of the machine was so much smaller than the other washing machines I have used. Same goes with the dryer. I was disappointed. The blanket came out wrinkly and not completely dry.****

Whirlpool top load stacked washer/dryer saves space!

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

The whirlpool top load stacked washer/dryer combo is a great appliance especailly if you are short on space. They conveniently combine your washer and dryer into one compact space. It is so convenient to have the washer and dryer right together. You can just wash your clothes and put them straight into the dryer without and hassel or fuss. The washer does a great job of getting your clothes clean- like your typical whirlpool washer. The dryer is also good at what it is designed to do- get your clothes dry. I really have no compalints with this product. I think the design is smart and really works well in a small laundry room of if you don't have a set apart laundry room. Whirlpool makes quality products and this is no exception.

Great for apartments/condos but small capacity

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

I recently moved into a condo where we were allowed to have our own washer/dryer units. Since my home is small I had to settle for a stackable washer/dryer combo and I decided on this one from Whirlpool. While it serves it's purpose just fine, others may not agree with me. Since I live by myself it's not a problem, however the washer is quite small and it takes several loads to get all of my laundry done for that week. If I had an entire family to wash clothes for, something this small would be very time consuming and not economical. It gets the clothes clean though and the dryer works fast.

I do have to say that when the washer goes into spin cycle, it almost always makes that thumping noise that some washers make when the tub is unbalanced. I've tried everything to try and fix it but it just keeps making noise. This forces me to do my laundry in the evening or late mornings in fear that neighbors might complain if I choose to do the laundry late at night.

So far so good.

from Dania, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer LTE5243D:

When we moved from an old apartment in our complex to a renovated apartment on our renewal lease, the renovated apartment included all Whirlpool appliances. These included the above washer/dryer combination. Since we have only been in this apartment for 2 months, I am giving this a rating of 3 stars until further use.

So far, we find this washer/dryer combination just fine. It is perfect for just the two of us, my husband and I. The drum is a little small, which means you to have wash more, but that is ok.

It is convenient, basically quiet and is in a closed area.

As I stated, so far so good.