Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
W8RXNGMWQ, W8RXNGMWD, W8RXNGMWS
Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

Whirlpool W8RXNGMWQ 17.6 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator with Factory Installed Automatic Ice Maker, SpillMizer Glass Shelves and Automatic Defrost System: White

Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator

Pros

• Customizable shelving (3)
  • Easy access (3)
  • Holds temperature well (3)
  • Quiet (3)

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Personal (3)

Spacious Interior

This refrigerator is really nice due to its large interior space. I am able to move the shelving into different areas of the refrigerator. This can be either the side door shelves, as well as the interior shelving areas. It is really adaptable and versatile. The only issues I've had with it was the shelving, which one time cracked, but it was easy to replace with a plastic shelving that I obtained from the hardware store and just cut it to size. The other issue (seemed to be a manufacturer defect) was it would leak water from the freezer area to the refrigerator. I bought a part for the freezer and replaced it. Now, it was pretty easy by taking out the shelving unit in the freezer, so it wasn't too bad. Then, I replaced the part and it no longer leaked. The part wasn't too expensive and it did the trick. I've enjoyed this refrigerator mainly due to the large interior. There has always been plenty of room in it, so it was a good investment.

A basic refrigerator that has not lived up to high standards.

My husband and I purposefully kept our refrigerator very basic to avoid potential problems with ice makers, water dispensers or other frills from breaking. We might as well have gone with the extras because our very basic refrigerator/freezer constantly drips. We have tried completely defrosting it many times, to no avail. We have just come to terms with our leaky fridge and keep a Tupperware container in the back of the top shelf of the fridge to catch the drops which fall from the freezer above. It's not drippy enough to buy a new fridge, but it is annoying to take the Tupperware container out every week to empty the ice that forms inside. On the positive side we have enough room to comfortably house food for our family of five. I like the basic layout and the shelves on the door of the fridge hold plenty including two gallon size containers. Hopefully will have better luck next time when we eventually replace our drippy appliance.

I love my fridge

from Piggott ar

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• 2nd Refrigerator
  • Office Fridge
  • Wet Bar

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I got this fridge when we bout are house 6 months ago and I love it my only complaint is the freeze looks big but once you put a few things in there there's not much room! But otherwise the drive space is great! I hardly ever hear the fridge running and my food last for a longer period then ate old one. Drinks stay colder.

LIKE WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATORS

from Kansas,Missouri

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I don't know if my whirlpool refrigerator was this exact model or not, but, it had a top freezer and was fairly big and tall, probably at least 25 cu. ft. It was very nice and everything seemed well-built with it. Food kept well and I had no complaints. Unfortunately, I sold it to make moving easier and have regretted it ever since. My experience with whirlpool has always been very good. I would feel totally confident buying any appliance in Whirlpool brand. I have had many complaints and difficulties with subsequent brands like Maytag and GE and regretted selling my Whirlpool a hundred times!

Just the Right Size

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

When I moved into my new house I had to buy a Refrigerator. The house did not come with one. With this there came with complications I knew what I wanted. I had dreams of double doors, freezer on the bottom, and so on. That was not what I could fit. Where the fridge was supposed to go there was only a certain amount of space so I had to go on a hunt for a refrigerator that was to fit there. I had to find a refrigerator that was going to give me room to fit things on the top, I mean come on who does not slide things on top of their fridge? As well as fit into the precut shelving hole. So here came the measurements and the hunt. I finally found one which was a Whirlpool. Great brand, and a trusted brand, I have used before. The measurements fit what I needed. The fridge looked like it would fit based on measurements. The freezer is not too small, it could be bigger.

• Personal
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Whirlpool top freezer refrigerator

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is perfect for small kitchens or as an extra in the basement or garage. I do not recommend to use as the main refrigerator if you have a large family or buy a lot of food. For the size though it's a great refrigerator. It has plenty of compartments to hold all kinds of different foods. You can store quite a bit in the door, like condiments, jars, juices, or milk. The produce drawer is nice and keeps fruits and veggies fresh for longer. The only issue we ever had was food getting frozen if we put it on the top shelf. The freezer is small but does hold a lot if you position it all correctly. We had no issues with frost or food getting freezer burned.

Noise Level
    It's a very quiet fridge.

Interior Organization
    Has a few shelves, produce bin, and shelves in the door for organization of food.

Temperature Control
    Very easy to set the temperature for both the freezer and fridge.

Shelves come right out for extremely easy cleaning.

Has held up well to small kids slamming the doors shut and constant use.

Nice design for small spaces, looks good in the kitchen.

Ideal For a Small Family

from Virginia

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I know that a fridge should be something that you don't go cheap on but I couldn't see myself spending a great deal of money on one. So I bought a whirlpool about 4 years ago and I haven't had any major problems with it. It does what it is supposed to do, keep my foods cold and frozen. I do wish there was more freezer space, I am always rearranging foods to make sure I have enough room. Now the inside of the refrigerator has a great deal of space but be cautious not to put anything on the top shelf in the back because everything tends to get ice on it or freeze completely. The drawers are easy to pull out and clean, and there's space for eggs, cheese, and the side door has bars across it to hold the items you wish to keep there, like salad dressing, mayo, etc. I find it very easy to clean, and the freezer has never built up ice like you see some do. This is a very quiet fridge, and doesn't use a great deal of power. I'm pleased with it overall, especially for the price.

• Temperature Control:

A basic refrigerator that has not lived up to high standards.

• Temperature Control:

Very good value for the price

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

Overall this is a very nice product when it come to price/value.

Noise Level
    Very silent. I almost have to put my ear to it to hear it run.

Interior Organization
    Very easy compartments for all type of products. Enough space for small family.

Temperature Control
    Very easy to adjust temperatures.

Everything is easy to access for cleaning. Took me about 30 minutes to completely clean.

I have been using it for almost a year now. No visable wear and tear, seems very sturdy. Noise is still the same as when bought, very silent.

Design is very simple and effective. Will fit pretty much everywhere.

• Temperature Control:

A new family starter appliance

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

This freezer/fridge is a great new family starter appliance. The combination of the two also helps in storage, not taking up much space inside the house or apartment.

Noise Level
    Very quite you usually will not even hear that its running, while standing in the kitchen beside the appliance.

Interior Organization
    There is one small pitfall to this and that is the inside of both the fridge and freezer, do have door storage spots, however there is a wider opening at the bottom, so at times things may slide out on you and hit the ground.

Very easy to clean as all shelves will slide out and the bottom of the fridge can easily be cleaned as well.

Very strong and if taken care of can last for a good portion of time.

The overall design is quite nice, especially with the combination on top of each other fridge/freezer. There are some pitfalls though and that is, the shelves on the side of the doors, also the bottom shelves in the fridge can easily crack and slide out if not gentle taken care of.

Exactly what I needed

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I had made a last minute purchase of this refrigerator back in June and let me say that it was my best decision. My old one was starting to irritate me with its hard to manage temperatures but when I hooked up this one I fell in love with how simple and clean everything was. The shelves are nice and it stores way more food than I had expected. The doors don't stick so hard that you have to break your wrists getting them open. Overall it's a wonderful product and I highly recommend it.

Noise Level
    To my surprise it hardly makes any noise at all and hasn't provoked any questions from sleeping people in my house as to what in the world that noise is.

Interior Organization
    Bless the organization of this refrigerator. I know exactly what drawer everything goes in without a second glance and everyone- from friends to family- know as well.

Temperature Control
    Compared to my old refrigerator this thing has made me fall in love with its temperature controlling. Not only does it keep my food cold but its very easy to change the temperature to what I need it to be.

Very easy to clean by just using some household products you would find laying around. It takes a small amount of time to clean.

It's lasted me and hasn't broken at all. A very perfect product.

Sleek and clean.

Average fridge

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Refrigerator:

It works well for a less expensive fridge. Not something I would want forever but it does the job. Drawers at bottom are easy to remove to clean. Don't put anything you do not want frozen too close to the back of the top rack. Ice maker is a little slow if you use a lot at once.