2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Very noisy refrigerator. In less than two years, I had to replace the fan in the freezer compartment. In less than 5 years, it stopped "working". Fed up, I got rid of it and bought
a different brand refrigerator.

Noise Level
Very noisy. I had this refrigerator for almost 5 years. I got rid of it. My current refrigerator,
a different brand, is not as noisy.

Interior Organization
I have no complaints about this except the temp control and light location can interfere with moving items on the top shelf in the refrigerator compartment

Temperature Control
Temperature regulation is just fine. No issues here.

No real issues here with regards to cleaning.

The fan failed in less than two years. In less than 5 years, a major failure occurred. Fed up,
I replaced the refrigerator with a different brand.

Here, I give it a "poor" rating do to the failures I had experienced. A better designed fan motor is one factor. A less noisy "system" is another.

• Temperature Control:

Whirlpool has done it again!

from Marysville, WA

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I am a big fan of Whirlpool appliances. In the past we would purchase other brands and they didn't last very long. Whirlpool's Top Freezer refrigerator ET1PHKXPQ is a fantastic fridge for a less expensive cost. The fridge we had prior to this was extremely noisy and very energy inefficient as we could feel the heat coming from it when we walked by. This Whirlpool fridge is very quiet. We can barely hear it when it's running. It looks great! It's a very attractive fridge and has the perfect amount of space for our food. My only complaint would be that there isn't a lot of space for taller items like juices but that's nothing compared to the fact that it works great and has cost us a lot less in energy. We absolutely love this fridge!

Noise Level
It's a very quiet fridge.

Interior Organization
A little more space for tall items would have been nice.

Nice Fridge for small spaces

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We recently had to replace our fridge that stopped working but we were having a hard time finding a side-by-side that would fit into our small opening in our kitchen, so we decided to go with a fridge that had the freezer on top instead. We did not have a lot of money to spend and this fridge seemed to be the best bang for the buck. I liked the drawer space and that the drawers were clear so you could see what was in them. I also liked that some of the shelves were adjustable and that there was room to store at least 2 milk jugs in the door. We have not had any problems with the fridge so far and it keeps all of our food at the right temperature. No freezing the vegetables or anything like that!

Noise Level
Sometimes makes some weird noises.

Interior Organization
I like all the shelf options.

Temperature Control
Never anything too cold or hot.

Just wipes clean!

Nothing Special, but Sufficient

from Columbiana, AL

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator has few bells and whistles, yet it is sufficient. The shelves and drawers are easily removed for cleaning. The ice maker works well. This is a basic model that we have had for a couple of years. We have had no problems with it thus far.

I like the fact that the drawers are easy to pull in and out. I have four young children that enjoy eating yogurts and fresh fruits as snacks. They know that if it is in the bottom draws, it is "fair game" as a snack if given permission. Even the two-year-old can open and close the drawers with ease. We have had no issues with mashed fingers, etc.

Although I would not consider this refrigerator "special" --- it gets the job done.

Good refrigerator

from Buffalo, MN

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We purchased this 2 years ago when our other one started smoking. To be honest this was the only one that would fit in the space provided which is why we purchased it. However we weren't looking for anything fancy and it was just what we were looking for. It runs great, lots of storage. Perfect for our needs. We are a family of 5 and it works just great for us.

Very quiet.

Interior Organization
Lots of shelving and drawers. Also removable shelves that are easy to clean.

works great.

very easy to clean. removable shelves and drawers. With 3 kids it has to be easy to clean. The shelves slide out easily as well as the drawers.

seems very durable.

Great design

• Temperature Control:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This product should not go bad after only thirteen months and need repair after only three years.

My refrigerator was made in 12/08, I bought it in March 09. We have replaced the start relay overload combo, the capacitor and the evaporator fan. Very poor quality. When I contacted the local service centers, I was told Whirlpool keeps them in business.

Unreliable

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We bought it in 2008. The Evaporator Fan died in 2009. We had to kick and scream to get the manufacturer to warranty it. The Evaporator Fan went again yesterday 08/14/2012 and they won't warranty it. I am fixing it myself and I have called 3 local appliance part centers and they are ALL out of the Evaporator Fan.....Evidently an issue if they burn through them.
We have a 1960 COLDSPOT Fridge in the garage that still works!

Poor Refrigerator

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I Would recomend anyother refrigerator than this one. I bought my refrigerator about a year and a half ago, and about three months ago it started to make packaging for food smell wierd like a chemical and food would also taste wierd. I finally called Whirlpool to ask about it and it was out of warranty. I believe it is a leak in coolant. I keep the refrigerator very clean, and no kids to mess anything up. Seems like a manufacturer error to me, but no help. The other person that posted probably had the same thing and he just ran out of freon. Hope it doesn't cause cancer.

Very disappointed

from Sturtevant, WI

Comments about Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We brought this refrigerator 14 months ago and it just went out, the lights come on but won't cool or make anything cold.  Quality products don't fail two months out of their warranty.  Come on Whirlpool I hope you can do better than this!!!