Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
W6TXNWFWQ, W6TXNWFWT
Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator

Summary

Whirlpool White Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator W6TXNWFWQ. A classic top mount refrigerator combines a timeless, traditional flat-door design with flexible storage and easy cleanup throughout. Helps make temperature management easy with a location in the front of the refrigerator. Total Volume: 15.8 Cu. Ft.. Refrigerator Volume: 11.9 Cu. Ft.. Freezer Volume: 3.8 Cu. Ft.. Total Shelf Area: 17.6 Sq. Ft.. ENERGY STAR Qualified: No. EZ-Touch Water Filtration Dispenser System: No. Adjustable Glass Shelves: No. DuraWhite Wire Shelves: 2 Full-Width. Clear Crisper(s): No. Opaque Crisper(s): 1 Full-Width. Clear Meat Pan: No. Adjustable Door Bins: No. Fixed Door Storage: 2 Full-Width, 1 Part-Width. Gallon Door Storage: Yes. Utility Shelf/Compartment: No. Premium Lighting: No. Up-Front Temp Control(s): Yes. Pull-Out Freezer Floor: No. Ice Maker: Optional. Removable Shelf: 1 Full-Width. Wire Basket(s) or Door Storage: Bracket. Light: No. Contoured Doors: No. Door Handle(s): Bow. Accu-Chill System: Yes. Foam-In-Place Doors: Yes. Double Tub Construction: Yes. Textured Steel Cabinet: Yes. Reversible Doors: Yes. Exterior Moisture Control: Auto. Rubber Rollers/Levelers: Adjustable. Width: 28. Depth: 32 3/8. Depth without Handles: 30 7/8. Depth without Door: 27 3/4. Depth with Door 90*: 57. Height: 65 3/4. Height without Hinges: 65 1/4. Approx. Shipping Weight: 200 Lbs.. Delivering Style and Innovation to the Homes of Today... and Tomorrow! Enhance every home you build with stylish, innovative appliances that home buyers demand. Home buyers expect appliances that meet the needs of their everyday lives, are easy to use and reflect the style of their individual tastes. But, to provide appliances you will truly appriciate and will use for years to come, requires a higher level of commitment. Their commitment to quality, craftsmanship and style challenges them to design products that lead the industry in innovation and design. Whirlpool Refrigeration When it comes to refrigerators,

Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

A great, dependable, and convenient refrigerator/freezer!

This refrigerator/freezer is what you would think of as the standard basic model for this type of item. The freezer will hold a 25 pound turkey and still has room for my ice trays and a few other boxed items. The additional space in the door is very convenient. With variable temperature control, it makes the perfect place to store your coldest food items for more reliable storage. The setting I use keeps my items at about 7-8 degrees F. The auto defrost keeps freezer burn away and food fresh. The refrigerator is spacious and easy to use. It can keep food cold enough to freeze if you would want that, but at it's proper setting it will keep food 33-35 degrees F. It seems to be quite efficient on power usage as well.

Noise Level
There is hardly any noise associated with this product. It has a quiet hum to it that is almost undetectable.

Interior Organization
Plenty of shelf space. Easy to organize. Makes for a pleasant food storage and presentation experience.

Temperature Control
The freezer adjusts from very cold to just below the freezing point.

Removable shelves and the smoothness of the surface makes for easy cleaning.

I can't say much about the durability, but I once dropped a whole jug of milk from 2-3 feet onto one of the shelves and it did not break or bend.

It is a basic design; nothing special.

More shelves please!

Freezer compartment is a disaster! There is not enough shelves, just one long one, its a pain in the a** to try to get anything to fit properly and stay organized when you have to stack everything due to lack of shelving. It needs an ice maker or at least a suitable space for some ice trays! This fridge does not have a very well thought out freezer compartment!!

Noise Level
I never hear a sound! Every once in a while I can hear it turn on when i open the door, but other than that it is totally silent.

Interior Organization
The freezer compartment is terrible! The fridge is much better in the organization and shelving department.

Temperature Control
Love how cold i can keep my fridge! I like it really cold, and this fridge does so perfectly.

I hate cleaning the fridge because its so much work! But I guess it is pretty easy, just time consuming.

My fridge was in my apartment when I moved in three years ago, so I am not sure if it was new, but I doubt it. In the three years I have been using it I have never had a problem with it.

Excelent product

from New York, NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

Im use this product on my home. Im single and is perfect for me. Very quiet, no nose

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Not the Fanciest, But it Works

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

As far as fridges go, this one works great keeping food cold and frozen. It's mostly the design that I have problems with. There are alot of things I would change! I do like that all the shelves are adjustable and wide enough to hold a big ketchup bottle or gallon of milk. I don't like that all the drawers get stuck very easily. It's a pain having to drop what you just took out of the drawer to get it unstuck. The ice maker gets turned on accidentally all the time if anything in the freezer shifts or falls on the bar to turn it on. The temperature dials are very easy to manipulate with small fingers; we've woken up several times to frozen milk and thawed chicken from our two-year-old daughter playing with the controls. There's also a gap between the back of the fridge and each shelf, so if anything is spilled it runs down the entire back of the fridge and pools in the bottom, making it hard to clean up since you have to take out the stubborn drawers and shelves.

• Temperature Control:

Love my Whirlpool Refrigerator!

from Melcher, IA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

Even though my Whirlpool Refrigerator is 15 years old, it looks new. The glass shelves make it very easy to clean versus coated wire shelving. The freezer on top works well for my family. The refrigerator has the no finger print finish. Never have had a problem in the fifteen years we have owned it. LOVE IT! I love the crisp clean white color. The meat tray is very convenient. The two crisper trays are deep and hold a lot of vegetables. The vegetables stay fresh for a long time. The door of my Whirlpool Refrigerator holds a lot of condiments. The shelves can be adjusted easily to accommodate large items, such as a large turkey when thawing. It can house extra large pots of homemade soup and chili. It is also nice that I can store two liter pop bottles without having to lay them down. Once the pop bottles are opened, sometimes the lid doesn't get put on tight and accidental spills happen. With the adjustable shelves, this alleviates this problem. When going through papers on my appliances, I was quite shocked that my Whirlpool Refrigerator was over 15 years old. It looks new and I Love it!

Great

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

Love this, it is has plenty of room in the bottom and the freezer. Does not take up a lot of room in a small kitchen. Haven't had any problems. It great for the people that don't have to upgrade every time a new refrigerator come out. It freezes things very good in a matter of no time which is great in the summer when you have just bought popcicles and your kids are wanting them soon. It keeps every thing cool in the bottom. Does not freezer the stuff in the bottom which I like cause you would not want to go get something out of the bottom and it be frozen. And it last we have had this refrigerator for a while now and have not had one problem out of it. It is also easy to clean if you have a mess or if you don't. It is very quiet you don't even hear it. I Know sometime I will open it just to make sure it is working lol. I would make this purchase again if i need another one.
And I would recomend it to anyone, When they are needing a refrigerator.

• Temperature Control:

A great, dependable, and convenient refrigerator/freezer!

Temperature Control
The freezer adjusts from very cold to just below the freezing point.

Removable shelves and the smoothness of the surface makes for easy cleaning.

It is a basic design; nothing special.

NIce little refridgerator!

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

When we moved into our older home, we were very limited on the amount of space to put a refrigerator. This Maytag model was the only one available on the market to fit our needs and works perfectly.

Noise Level
This Maytag refrigerator is wonderful because it makes no noise. I can honestly say I have never heard any noise when the cooling components cycle on and off.

Interior Organization
Since this is only a basic model, there are no special compartments for hiding spots. Just two bottom drawers and two grill like shelves that can be adjusted. There are two shelves inside the door. There are also two shelves inside the door of freezer section. The rest is open space.

Temperature Control
There are five temperature control settings located inside the refrigerator compartment by the light bulb. Its a turn dial fashion.

A little windex can go a long way in cleaning a refrigerator. I rated this an eight because the bottom drawers are difficult to pull out to clean.

This model is very durable. We have a one year old daughter so we will see if it holds up as she grows.

Its a simple basic design, nothing fancy.

• Temperature Control:

Decent for the price but no chariot.

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

We bought this refrigerator as a spare frig for the garage to store beverages (i.e. beer, water, soda). I would not recommend it as a primary unit (unless it is all you can afford and you have a small space. It's not near large enough of a freezer unit for a family of four. I have a separate free-standing freezer for meats. This unit is satisfactory and runs mostly quietly. No bells nor whistles. Simply basic. It's clean and compact and fairly energy efficient. It serves it's purpose for us for beverage containment.

More shelves please!

Great Refrigerator

from Waverly, IA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is great for small spaces, it may be small, but it can store a lot of food. The noise level is very quiet, easy to clean, and your food is always chill.

Noise Level
Very quiet, can hardly hear it.

Interior Organization
Nice shelving, but the the bottom where fruits and vegetables go, is just dead space. We usually just store water bottles in there. I say it's dead space because it's white and isn't clear, like most refrigerator fruit and vegetable containers , it's out of sight for us, which is why we only store water in there. If we stored fruit or vegetables in there we would forget!

Temperature Control
The temperature control is great. We set it at a 2 and it keeps our food nice and cool. If we turned it any higher our food would freeze. We also noticed that since setting it at a 2, the food that we set in the back of the fridge tends to slightly freeze.

Easy to clean, just take a rag and whipe down the condiment racks and bottom of the refrigerator. Takes less than 10 minutes.

It's still running and we haven't had a problem.

Nice and compact. Great for small kitchens, or smaller rooms in your home.

Quiet running

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Top Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator:

Easy to clean and very quiet running. Was bought as a second refrigerator and is just great for that.

Runs very quiet.

Interior Organization
Love the how the drawers are easy to open all ogf the way. I also like the shelves in the dooras they are very sturdy.

Temperature Control
On the top shelf food sometimes gets frozen.

Extremely easy to clean with soap and warm water.