Other Washing Machines:

Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ

Pros

Cons

Boy! What a Washer!

I bought my Whirlpool Super capacity washer 2nd hand from a friend who was moving back to Calafornia. He had the washer maybe 2 years when I took it off his hands for a really great price and boy, was I suprised!  The super capacity allowed me to do all my washing on Saturday for 4 adult family members. Some might say, "Well?" Well, I am a full time out of the house worker as well as a homemaker. My time is very limited and to only have 4-5 loads on Saturday is GREAT!  Uniforms, jeans, tops, towels, whites, personals, everything.  Then to have the choice of temps is even better than the laundry-mat. I use cold water most of time for fear of things fading, but now I can wash in Warm and rinse in cold, or warm and warm, or cold and cold or hot and cold. PLUS all the different cycles make it very easy to decide "how" my clothes should be cared for. I really like the cycles for my personal items.  No more hand washing. Yeah!  The cycle for permanent press is very particular not to put more wrinkles into the fabrics. When I purchsed my washer, I figured it would at least last a few years even 2nd hand. I look forward to using this particular washer for many, many years, but when this ones dies, I won't hesitate to rush right out and buy another one. I really want a front loader but since my boys are adults now and moving out, I may not need such a large washer.

Noisy Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ OK.

This washer is definitely super capacity, so it handles most loads with room to spare, but it is very noisy. We can no longer run it while we sleep, since it's too disturbing, even though it's a couple of rooms away. The buzzing sounds when balancing, the various sounds it emits for different stages of the wash, the water, and the mechanical agitation cycles combine into a cacophony of sound we never had with our old washer. Either this or the dryer or both cited noise reduction as one of the features, but it's not true at all.

It's decent looking and uses a lot less water and the clothes are relatively clean using double rinse, etc., as you can choose from a number of options before starting the cycle, but I liked the better control I had by being able to start/stop for soaking and checking for colors running or stains coming out. My worst grips is that you have to put all the detergents and additives (except bleach and softener) into the bottom, then add the laundry right on top and then start it. I don't like my laundry to touch all the chemicals before they have been diluted by mixing the the water. Nothing seems to have been harmed, though, so I guess it's all right so far.

I'm accustomed to adding things partway through the cycle and to rerunning certain parts of the cycle several times, depending on the dirt/stains on the clothes, but not on this washer. There is a lid lock, and you can't open it and start it again without waiting and then canceling and restarting the entire cycle. I really don't see how that is high efficiency at all.

SImple but good washer

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

The Whirlpool-Super-Capacity-Top-Load-Washer-WTW5600VQ is efficient and does the job! I'm very pleased with the efficiency, and performance especially of this washer, which I got a great deal on!

Energy Efficiency
This whirlpool washer has good energy efficiency, my energy costs are very reasonable considering the significant amount of laundry that needs to be done in my household.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time for this washer is low. My laundry is done in no time at all.

The performance is great, my clothing getting very clean, with the vast majority of stains being lifted in an efficient manner.

Everything is easy to use, with all dials and controls self-explanatory.

Occasionally clothes get wrapped around and stuck to the middle of the washer, but this may be related to the washer being overloaded or the type of clothing being added.

My washer has lasted many years, without seeming like it's going to die anytime soon.

• Cleaning Time:

Noisy Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ OK.

from Riverside, NJ

Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

I have been using my Whirlpool Super Capacity Washer for between 5 and 10 years now. It's been a wonderful appliance. Because of it's deep drum, it holds a lot of laundry. Since I'm on the short side, it can be troublesome for me to reach smaller articles, like socks, from the bottom. The washer holds an unbelievable amount of towels. When my son brings his laundry home from college, he's been known to wash 20 T-shirts, five pairs of boxers and numerous socks all in one load. The cleaning capacity is also excellent. Clothes come out looking great. I like the chance to choose between heavy duty loads, extended cycles and also short washes. The machine stays odor-free and looks like new. It's been a totally reliable and trouble-free appliance.

Energy Efficiency
I haven't found this appliance to be any bigger drain on my electricity or water than previous washers.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is quite acceptable!

I have found that I have to do most loads on high spin to get enough water out of them to dry in one cycle on the dryer. Whether this is due to the washer leaving in too much water or the dryer not working as well as it should, I honestly don't know.

So easy to use. There's no cup for softener, so I just add it in with the detergent in the start cycle.

This is a well thought out machine. I have a small laundry room and this fits in nicely and yet iit holds a king sized load.

It's stood up to me, my husband and my son all through his teen years. I'd have to give it 100 for strength and durability.

Whirlpool WTW5600SQ Top Load Washer Great Machine

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

I am a big fan of Whirlpool appliances. I own several of them Anyway, my Whirlpool WTW5600SQ Top Load Washer is great. It gets quite a bit of use. My daughter uses it for her family of 4 and my son uses it also, and of course I use it for me and my husband. So this machine works hard. I really like all the settings on it. It has a setting of hand wash, which I use quite a bit. It is a very large capacity washer also, which is what we need in this family. I had a little problem with it a little after a year. I called whirlpool and they extended my warranty for 6 months. It has now been a year since that occured, and (knock wood) I haven't had a problem since. I like that Whirlpool stands by their products. It is a good sturdy machine.

I have had to have the washer repaired a little over a year old. Not happy with whirlpool lately.

• Cleaning Time:

The perfect machine for a budgeted family.

from Erin, NY

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

If you are a family that is on a budget, then this wash machine is the perfect choice. With load controls, temperature controls, and wash type controls, it is perfect for a family or a single person. Plus it is a whirlpool which is proven to be one of the best brands. I love my wash machine and use it all the time for a family of five so I would recommend it.

I really like this washer alot!

from Newport News, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

WE bought this washer as a set about 3 months back...and I have to say it was a great buy too! Not only does it clean our clothes...we do not need to chase it across the floor like our old ones!THank you self balancing! I will say that I do miss the bleach dispenser and fabris softner dispenser of my old set tho...over all tho I am very happy! Just so you guys know we do aroud 10 loads of laundry per week in our home...and more when any of the older kids are here from school!

Does its job well. This Whirlpool Top Loader is great.

from Owingsville, KY

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

I've had this washer for a while now. In short, it does a great job at what it does.

First, the good things about this appliance. It doesn't make too much noise, it's more energy efficent compared to my last washer, and it cleans my clothes well. I'm glad that my clothes don't shrink from using it. In addition, it has lots of settings, so you can furthermore save yourself from using too much water.

There are a few little cons. I don't like the color, but normally white is the only one you can buy in this price range. Also, it can be a bit difficult to reach the bottom of it, but this is probably more or less not even an issue for the majority of people out there.

Whirlpool is a solid brand, and they've been improving constantly. I recommend this washer.

Great Washer

from Corydon, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

I have had this washer for several years and it has been a good washer. The large capacity size makes it wonderful to do large loads of laundry. You can wash several pairs of jeans at one time. It has a bleach and fabric softener dispenser. It also has several different cycle options for delicate clothes, etc. This washer seems to do a good job cleaning clothes and I haven't had any problems with it. My only complaint is that there is a spot of paint starting to come off but like I said I have had this for several years and this is probably just normal wear. The thing I really like about this machine is the large capacity basket but the size of the washer is about the same as any washer. It has been a good washer and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer is a wonderful washing machine. As with goes without saying, all washing machines are not created equal. This washing machine is not expensive and is big. After using this for a while, I got to thinking that we really should have paid more for this than what we did. It wasn't on sale, and we didn't even get a discount. That was planned because it's something that *never *happens in our house. We plan all purchases. With major purchases such as this, we always research a lot (which we did), but we also shop in stores and try to get the best price foe the particular machine we want. But we needed it, and our schedule was such if we didn't purchase it right away, we'd have to get it weeks later. So we just got it after we did our research. Believe me, this has been a super unbelieveable purchase. We love it.

Huge capacity Washer

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity Top Load Washer WTW5600VQ:

I love this washer as it can take huge loads. I almost do laundry on a weekly basis because of this washer. It is installed easily with water faucet attachments, drain and a power plug. I have never experienced a leak in this. It can be a little noisy at times but at least it washes the clothes clean. The tumbler is well fitted and does not eat up little clothes like socks. There is a setting for cold, hot and warm wash. There is also a setting for small, medium or large loads which help save water and energy. On the main dial there are way too many options. I had to read thru the manual to understand each function and am still not clear. I mostly use 2 or 3 of those settings only. The washer also has a bleach dispenser which lets in the bleach at an apropriate time of the cycle.