3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Is a good value

I bought my fridge from Lowes. My sister actually had it first and I really liked the look of the one that she had. She said it worked out great for her so I decided to get it. I got the stainless look because I did not want to have to clean fingerprints off the fridge everyday. It would drive me crazy to have to do that. The stainless look has a nice look to it. It really does look like stainless but will not finger print up like it.I do really like the overall look of the fridge. The inside is nice and bright and has clearn shelves with it. It has a lot of room in the fridge part. There are several shelves that you can fit many items on. The shelves are really easy to remove and clean when you need too. The drawers come out nice and easy as well.

I really like the modern feel that the fridge has with all the glass shelves. They are easy to clean as well. You can really see all the items that you have in your fridge.

I have noticed the handle of this gets really fingerprinted but its not a really big deal. Just take a cloth and soap and water to it and its fine.

Sometimes the door seems to seal and you have to pull really hard to get it open. Not sure why this really happens, it does not happen that often though.As for the freezer there is not a lot of space in here there, there is more space in the fridge section. I am not able to hold a lot of items in it but if I have to I will put a freezer out in my garage so really not that big of a deal.

The freezer comes with a nice bin so you can throw and fit many items into it.

Its a good buy and makes the house look really nice as well.

Offers alot of space for a side by side but rather noisy

Space is the best feature of this refrigerator. It is aesthetically pleasing and fairly easy to keep clean. I have noticed that the crisper drawer has done an exceptional job with keeping veggies fresher longer. There have never been any issues with the in-door water and ice dispenser, although we have had to replace the filter twice in the last eight months as the indicator light has become red in this amount of time. The only complaint that we have is that is is very noisy. There is a sort of thumping noise that comes from the appliance when it is running and it seems that this occurs most frequently at night. We have had it serviced and the service repair man has assured us that the appliance is without the need of repair and that essentially it is, to quote the repair person, "Just a loud model." We have had it for nearly a year and for the most part are very satisfied. The noise initially was a concern but after having a professional have a look at it we have come to accept that it will make the noise and we have become used to it.

Keeps food cool

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

The fridge is 10 years old and keeps the food cool like it's supposed to. So essentially, it does what it's supposed to. But the ice maker stopped working regularly when it was about 3 years old. Now it sporadically makes ice. The light for changing the water filter never worked. It's always green.

Convenient

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

I love that it has the ice come down instead of using you hands to get it out of the freezer. The exterior is hardly dirty so its is easy to clean for those people who have young children everywhere at once and touching things. Cleaning the inside is relatively easy to because they parts come out easily.

Noise Level
The is hardly any noise at all, well except when getting ice and water

Interior Organization
There is a lot of space for everything and you can move things around to fit both tall, large, small or short items.

Temperature Control
There temperature is manual and you can change it whenever you want

You just need to wipe it with a spray and paper towel. Easy as 1, 2 , 3

The handles are a little brittle, but other than that, everything else is fine.

The design is very appealing and it can easily be matched with other appliances in the kitchen. If you want to get one color in the kitchen, you can do silver everything like the microwave and stove.

HOrrible

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

Ice maker is slow, doesn't fill fast. Takes forever to cool down.Is really loud

Noise Level
loud ice maker and when fan kicks on sounds like a lawn mower

Front gets damaged really easy I missed the corner and ran into it one day and left a huge scratch that wouldn't have happened with any other fidge

I do like the way it looks, its sleek and shiny but very hard to keep finger prints off of and smudge marks

• Temperature Control:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

This refrigerator is a good model. The only issue that I have is that the freezer side is not wide enough for us. We have to have a chest freezer to hold over flow on the frozen groceries.

Noise Level
This model is quiet, you hardly heart it. The icemaker is sometimes a little loud.

Interior Organization
Freezer does not have enough room for us, but for a smaller family would be fine. We have a family of 5 and after we shop, we generally have to put overflow freezer food into a separate chest freezer that we keep downstairs, which is rather inconvenient because sometimes I forget to look down there.

Temperature Control
keeps everything cool and has an adjustment but once it is set where you like, it maintains very well. The fruit and vegetable drawers are also humidity controlled which is nice.

It cleans easily, shelves are easy to remove, as well as drawers and can be washed in the sink.

Our lunchmeat drawer track broke shortly after purchasing but my husband was able to rig it and we make do.

Overall design is good for a smaller family, and it does look nice.

Whirlpool Side by Side ED2GVEXVD

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

Fine refrigerator, owned for 8 months now with no problems at all. It was the perfect size for the available opening in my kitchen. One BIG caution is to not purchase from Home Depot. There is no support whatsoever, no receipt available, and they will lose all record of your purchase. Follow-up with their customer support is impossible to accomplish, no owner's manual is available, and they have no record of this model existing - even though I bought it there.

Noise Level
Can't hear it with tv on, but in silent house, it can make a slight grinding noise that is a bit disconcerting - I would prefer just a plain whirring noise.

Doors must be open well beyond 90 degrees in order to remove drawers to clean them. In my case, this requires pulling the entire refrigerator out to the middle of the floor - thus putting dents in the vinyl flooring after the refrigerator is stocked.

Unknown, since it is only 8 months old.

Very good, since I had to buy one that fit my available space.

Whirlpool Side by side

from Stuart, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

Overall I would rate Whirlpool's side by side with ice and water in door as satisfactory. This refrigerator is a good buy at the price but it is not made sturdy at all. Within a year of purchase the ice maker broke and two of the shelf brackets in the refrigerator side had broken. We have no kids and are very gentile with our expensive products.Also the water filter is very hard to change. Like I said this is a good deal with a few small problems. It seems that all indoor ice and water makers have problems. Also it is not easy to keep the out side streak free.

need to make the water filter easier to change.

• Temperature Control:

This product looks nice, but does not provide the freezer space.

from Winfield, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

I honestly wish I would have gotten a french door refrigerator with the freezer in the bottom. The freezer space is not very large with the ice maker taking up a lot of room and a lot of items get pushed to the back and "lost". But we did not have room for a larger refrigerator. I do like the water and ice option in the door which our last rerigerator did not have.

The finish scratches easily.

Again, not enough freezer space.

Great product.

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

This is our first Whirlpool refrigerator. We had a Kenmore before. The Whirlpool Side-by-Side refrigerator is great to have. It isn't expensive and it is aesthetically very nice looking. The refrigerator is large but if you have a family of more than four. I would recommend a much larger refrigerator. The refrigerator is not perfect. If you're someone like me who has a lots of condiments, the side bins aren't as sturdy and not many and so I would recommend you get a another side bin on the refrigerator side. Another reason to get one more side bins if you have heavy condiment, it may break by the shear weight of all the items it has to hold. This happened to me and I had to buy another one (which was around fifty bucks).

not noisy at all.

Interior Organization
wish there were more side bins.

5 temp settings.

average.

not that durable if you have heavy condiments.

again with the bins (should of had more).

Reliable

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

I had this refrigerator for a while now and it has been very reliable. Stays cold and we had very little issue. Storage in the freezer could be bigger but we make it work. Only issue I have with it is sometimes the ice maker gets stuck. Sometimes it won't release ice then bam! they will all fall off. Still a good reliable product.

Very Reliable and Stunning

from Yukon, OK

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator ED2GVEXVD:

We have had this refrigerator for almost four years now. We have never had any problems with it and it is still going strong. I like the stainless look with the black accents. The water and ice dispenser are very helpful when you just have one hand. I find that both sides are very spacious and you can fit anything into them. I would purchase it again but I don't think it will ever quit on me.

Noise Level
It is a little bit noisy. I think it is mostly the ice maker, but when it is running I can hear it from the other side of the house.

Interior Organization
I have never had a problem of fitting anything into it. It is very deep and spacious. The door shelves are very nice and can hold a couple of gallons of milk.

Temperature Control
I set the temperature the first day and have not had to change it since. It is very consistant and reliable.

The shelves are very easy to take and and wipe down. If only it was self cleaning.

We are not too gentle on the things we own and we have not broke anything yet. I think it is built very well and I see years of use to come.

I think that the design is great and very functional.