4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

All The Buttons & Whistles At An Affordable Price!

***Whirlpool's Energy Star Qualified 25 cu. ft. Side by Side ***actually pays for itself when you consider the money you save by reducing your energy bills. Whirlpool, a beloved Brand that is trusted by millions, does it again with this stellar product. With multiple features we found it impossible to pass up on a bargain like this. ***The Whirlpool ED5LHAXWQ ***has a dispenser lockout along with it's in-door ice dispensing system. The lockout is a safety feature which can be turned on and off at will to prevent accidents. The temperature controls are backlit so you can see them even in the dark. It also has a clear humidity controlled crisper to enable longer vegetable life. This model also comes equipped with a nice size freezer bin; ADS (adaptive defrost system); clear temperature controlled meat pan and clear snack pan. I only named a few of the benefits of being an owner of the ED5LHAXWQ refridgerator. Our family is overjoyed with this product and will continue to endorse Whirlpool in years to come! They rock!

Doesn't make a sound~

Short lived ice maker

This whirlpool refrigerator may be a good purchase for first time homeowners that do not have too many people living in the house.

Noise Level
When the ice maker begins...Read complete review

Noise Level
When the ice maker begins to make ice the noise can at times be a bit unbearable and annoying. It is definitely not a quiet nor low a noise refrigerator.

Interior Organization
The interior design does not offer too much space on the freezer side of the refrigerator, which may force a large family to have to purchase a separate freezer.

Temperature Control
The temperature controls are in my opinion the easiest part to understand about the refrigerator.

The refrigerator allows for ease of cleaning since it's easy to remove the drawers for cleaning as long as you treat them with delicacy to avoid easy breaking or cracking.

Although the refrigerator continues to work, the ice maker completely dies out and will not produce any ice whatsoever. When you check on what it would cost to replace the parts, it turns out, that you would be better off just purchasing a new refrigerator.

The design is nice looking, but looks can be deceiving since it doesn't offer much frozen food space.

Excellent product.

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Excellent refrigerator. Keeps food cold. Plenty of room in refrigerator and freezer part.

Noise Level
Very quiet refrigerator. I don't hear any loud noise. I hear the ice drop but that is normal.

Interior Organization
Plenty of room to put large bottles and plenty of room for all other items.

Temperature Control
Easy to read and I just left it on factory settings.

Glass shelf are great for cleaning and catching spills and food particles.

Looks solid and feels well made.

Very attractive item, makes kitchen looks modern.

Nice Fridge

from Edina, MN

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The Whirlpool side by side refrigerator has been a great fridge for us. We have had no complications or problems with it. It is a nice size and a good setup for keeping things organized and easy to access. The temperature options are adequate to keep food at a good temp and fresh. It is simple to empty and clean out. The surface of the fridge on the outside is smooth therefore making for a quick and easy cleanup. There is good space inside that gives you the options of organizing things how you like them best. There are many spaces for keeping small things as well.

Noise Level
Noise level is great and pretty much non-existent.

Interior Organization
Great options for organizing inside the fridge and freezer.

Temperature Control
There are several temperature controls and they are all you need to keep things fresh.

Simple and quick to clean.

Great durability. This is a Whirlpool so that's not surprising. We have had great experiences with our Whirlpool products. They are built to last.

Design is attractive and modern.

Love hate relationship

from Emmaus, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I often say I have a love hate relationship with my refrigerator. I have found the Whirlpool side by side to be great for smaller families, but a poor fit for my own. I do enjoy that this refrigerator comes with a ice and water dispenser on the outside. My kids enjoy getting their own drinks and it is convenient. However the interior design of this is something to be desired. I have found I am often lacking space to store very much inside. The freezer side does not allow for much storage. The drawers are small and fitting much into them is a feat. As one who likes to freeze a lot, I have had to resort to a second chest freezer in my house, The refrigerator portion also seems quite small. I do like the compartments on the inside of the door and have found them to store a lot. When it comes time to purchase a new refrigerator I will definitely be steering clear of the side by side version.

Short lived ice maker

from Atlanta, GA

Nice fridge.

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This is a nice fridge. Nothing super fancy. It does what it should do with no problems.

Noise Level
I never really notice it running. The only thing I notice is when the ice-maker drops ice into the bin.

Interior Organization
The shelves can be moved to the desired height. There is enough drawer and door space. I have no issues with freezer space either.

Temperature Control
The temp is always right where it should be. No issues with anything being too warm or freezing on the fridge side. Everything stays properly frozen on the freezer side.

Easy to wipe down. The shelves and drawers also come out for a thorough cleaning.

When we bought it I thought the plastic drawers would be flimsy. So far, no issues but I am still concerned that they will not last as long as the fridge.

I like the ice/water dispenser. You can choose cubes or crushed ice. There is a lock switch which is great to keep preschoolers from reaching up and hitting the levers and spilling water or ice all over the place. There is also a light in the dispenser area. I don't use it much but occasionally it has been convenient.

Long lasting fridge

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This fridge has lasted us over ten years. I can not believe how well it has done.

Noise Level
The only thing that is some what noisy is the ice maker in the freezer. You can only hear it when there is nothing else on in the house. Other than that it is very quiet.

Interior Organization
There is a down side to the side-by-side fridges. There never seems to be enough room. Especially when you have a family and need it stocked with milk, cheese, formula, fruit, juice, jelly, and everything else we need. Sometimes you have to rearrange every time you go to the grocery store. The freezer is smaller than the fridge portion so we had to get a separate freezer for our meats and other frozen foods.

It is pretty easy to clean. The front wipes off easily and the inside you can just wipe down and be done.

We have had this fridge for ten plus years and have only had to change the light bulb so yes it is very durable.

Its a nice design I just wish it was bigger to store more food. It looks nice and everything.

• Temperature Control:

Love the filtered water and instant ice maker!

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I like having the filtered water and ice maker. I love how the shelves are easily moveable to adjust height. All the shelves come out for easy cleaning. And they are very easy to clean. I never hear it running, it so quite! I also like the fact that i don't have to have those nasty ice trays, ice whenever i want it, and no filling up or cleaning ice trays!

WHIRLPOOL SIDE BY SIDE

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Very dependable. Ice maker is awesome. Had one problem while under warranty and they serviced it in a timely manner and no charge. Other than that it is a great appliance.

Noise Level
Very quiet. could hardly hear it running.

Interior Organization
easy access to everything.

Trays and bins comes out for cleaning and making it very easy to clean up spills and messes.

Not what I bargained for

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator has been a pain in my side since I purchased it. The ice maker does not work properly, and the plastic pusher broke within months of purchase. The sides of the refrigerator cracked within 6 months also. I also do not like the overall proportions of the refrigerator. It is too deep and hard to get things in and out of.

Noise Level
The refrigerator runs very quiet. Even the ice maker, when it worked, was not very loud at all.

Interior Organization
Terrible interior organization. I do like the two see thru drawers, but it is hard to get anything off of the shelves with the way they are designed. Things often get forgotten at the back, and also things drop behind the shelves the way they are designed.

Everything can be removed from the fridge for cleaning, but it is not simple to get back in place.

The refrigerator is not durable at all. Cracks, broken pieces, etc. abound within a few months of purchase.

• Temperature Control:

It's not really worth the money for what they say it is

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I like it only because of the color white because I think white brightens the kitchen up. I also like the fact that it does have an ice maker and a water dispenser on it. I really think that is handy and so much colder then out of the faucet. The features I don't like with this refridgerator is that it is side by side. Being side by side to me it does not give much space to put food in it. Which is really costly in the end cause you have to go to the store alot with having no room. I would not reccommend this refridgerater to anyone. It is not what it is put out to be nor roomy like they say. It is very compacted to me. I dont think its worth the money. I myself would rather have a refridgerator with the I think the new technology on these fridges really suck and make it harder to store fpod frezzer on top fridge on bottom. I like the standard fridge like they use to be. I think the refridgerator is cruddy i will never buy this kind ever again