Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

Whirlpool portable dishwasher

This dishwasher is a bute!!  I am seventy years old and for Christmas my girls bought this for me. I had always told them I didn't need a dishwasher because I had three girls but now they are all gone.This was quite a surprise to me. Well, I just can't say enough good things about it.After doing dishes fo fifty years it is quite different to just load them in the dishwasher , set the dials and forget it. Now my kitchen is never cluttered with dishes. When I open the door to take out the dishes I just hold the glasses up to the light and well it is just wonderful.It doesn't seem to take very long to do a load and you can really get a lot of dishes in it. It is not too noisy and really cleans everythng from pots and pans to crystal.The diswasher is on wheels and very easy to move. I thought it would be a real chore but it just takes minutes to get it hooked up.I can't compare it to other brands because it is my first one however if it ever breaks down I will deinitely get another Whirlpool.

Will get you by for what you need

The dishwasher is easy to use for younger kids who have dishwasher responsibilities. It is nice if you rent a apartment or house.  It is easy to roll around. There is only one flaw to this system, the hook ups stink. If you do not have just the right faucet nozzle, after a while of working, the connection between faucet and hose will automatically disconnect while being on. However, on another positive note, it washes our dishes spotlessly clean.

Some flaws, but I'd buy it :)

from binghamton NY

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Convenient
  • Easy To Use
  • Quality Construction

Cons

• Leaks

• Elaborate Meals
  • Entertaining
  • Large Kitchens
  • Simple Meals
  • Small Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

Why is dishwasher safe listed as a "pro" for a dishwasher? o_O ...
Ok, anyway - had this for about 2yrs now. Got it as a gift, but I'd buy it. Would rate it up to a 3.5 ... It works pretty well and gives me needed extra counter space whether it's in use or not, and has never leaked. It doesn't dry dishes very well, &doesn't always get tough spots clean though :/ and the wheels could use a lock. Aside from that it's great. I like that it's big, can fit pots &pans.
If I need to use the sink while it's hooked up, I can just push the button or pause the cycle. I like that :)
I also push the cancel/drain button at the end of each cycle to drain the extra water out.

Way better than the other types I have tried.

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

This dishwasher is a great dishwasher with it's only flaws that I have found being design flaws. I have only had this dishwasher for about two weeks, but in that time I have learned to love it. With previous dishwashers I have had numerous problems, including but not limited to, leakage, doors coming open when ever it is running, and power failure. With this dishwasher I am nothing short of pleased. I have had no problems with this dishwasher's capacity, ability to wash and sanitize thouroughly, and how powerful this dishwasher is. It powers through the toughest of food caked on to the dishes. I only have one dislike about it and that is the fact that if you move the dishwasher a lot, or if you have a todller like I do who likes to push on it a lot, the wheels become jammed or even fall off.I eventually just took them off and decided I didn't need them and now I don't have any problems at all with the dishwasher.

Noise Level
Unfortunately it is louder than I expected but not too loud.

Awesome!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

This is the most fantastic thing for houses with no space for a built in dishwasher. But these portable dishwashers are very large though and can take up a lot of floor space. The dishwasher rolls around so you can roll it over to the sink and hook the hose to your kitchen faucet. You turn on the water and then turn on the dishwasher and it begins the cycle. This can be a challenge if you need to use the kitchen faucet while the dishwasher is running. I will admit it can be a pain to deal with all of that but a welcome relief for someone in need of a dishwasher. It is easy to roll around, I did it while 9 months pregnant. The butcher block top also gives you some extra counter top space if you need it. Overall, this dishwasher was a welcome relief to me after having no dishwasher at all for several years. It is totally worth all of the hassle of moving it around and hooking it to the faucet. It gets the dishes clean and that is all I wanted.

Noise Level
Just like any other dishwasher, it does make noise.

Awesome portable dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

This is a great portable dishwasher. We currently rent a house and didn't want to pay the money to install a built in dishwasher. The Whirlpool DP1040XTXB works well for us. We can roll it over to the corner of the kitchen when it's out of use and easily roll it to the sink when we are ready to use it. Our dishes get clean no matter what setting we use. Even our pots and pans get clean.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is quiet. I can run it during naptime and not worry about it waking up my little one.

Cleaning Time
Depending on which setting you choose, cleaning time can take a while (with the pots and pans settings taking the longest) but for dishes that are not heavily soiled, there are quicker cleaning times.

Loading Flexibility
Besides cookie sheets, we have no problems loading the dishwasher. There's plenty of room for all of our dishes.

It's cleans our dishes, including pots and pans perfectly.

I wish it was a little more space between the top drawer and the bottom but it works. I love that the silverware holder is on the door.

This dishwasher takes a beating from our family and it's still working with no issues.

• Loading Flexibility:

easy to use portable dishwasher

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

a good portable dishwasher that handles all types of cleanups with ease and is easy to use

Noise Level
operates quietly during all phases of the cleaning cycle

Cleaning Time
works very efficiently and quickly even during the heavy cleaning cycles

Loading Flexibility
loads avariety of sizes of dishes and cookware on both racks

operates very well on all types of cleanups (ie: dried on food )

wheels move dishwasher effortlessly, with long electrical cord and hose assembly. Does require a faucet adaptor which sometimes leaks if not hooked up correctly. countertop of unit doubles as a cutting board, and can even be used as extra counter space

have done at least one load a day for over a year with no problems

Whirlpool portable dishwasher

from Crooksville, OH

Whirlpool 24" Portable Dishwasher DP1040XTX... Very Satisified

from West Springfield, MA

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

I purchased this model from a  local appliance store.  Whirlpool has done it right!  Being a full time student I needed something convient and reliable to wash my dishes.  This Whirlpool portable dishwasher is above and beyond my expectations.  Easy to load, Various cycles (especially for those really dirty dishes) and clean up's are now faster!  Also, it is energy conservant and hook up is a breeze!

Whirlpool made sure id never have to do dishes again.

from Morgantown, WV

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

I have a very small apt. but still always wanted a dishwasher. I bought this portable version from whirlpool cause its a brand ive always trusted and once again i was very pleased with the product. I just pull it out when i need it. It gets my dishes clean with out me having to stand over a sink all day and then when im done i just roll it back to its place in my laundry room out of the way. It is quiet and works great. easy to use and deffinately worth the price.

Will get you by for what you need

from Kenosha, WI

Outstanding portable

from Commerce City, CO

Comments about Whirlpool Portable Dishwasher:

I love my portable dishwasher.  I don't own my home so I have to go with a portable dishwasher and it works better than my mom's built in dishwasher.  I have had mine for several years now and it runs and cleans dishes very well.