3.8

Pros

Cons

Does the job

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

This microwave was installed prior to us moving into our new home. It cooks quickly and efficiently. The food is always warmed through properly and it's easy to clean. We had a GE microwave prior to this at our old house, and I preferred that one to this one because it cooked quicker and it was stainless steel, but this microwave is brand new so we won't replace it until we need to. I would recommend this if you are looking for a reasonably priced microwave that does basic functions.

Classic

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

This is a classic over-the-stove microwave that many home builders use for new homes. I think in every house I've owned, we've had this microwave, in various editions. It's reliable, classic (never outdated) and easy to use.

Even heating. There is a turning table so your food doesn't heat just on one side.

Settings/Features
Some good features include time delay, timer, defrost, power level. It's easy to use and easy to navigate.

The vent above is not easy to clean. You have to unscrew the whole thing and it gets very sticky. Other than that, it's easy to clean.

Very easy to use. The buttons don't stick and it's straight forward. No need to read through manual. It's easy to figure out.

This is the brand and model that homebuilders use so you know that it's reliable and dependable. Plus Whirlpool is a household name.

Classic design. It's a good and bad thing. It won't be outdated but you know everyone else has it as well.

Great Microwave!

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

I love this microwave! It has a turntable that helps the food cook more evenly. The settings are also great! It has all your basics plus some extras! It has a speed defroster for when you're in a rush, plus a popcorn and reheat button. There are two things that I don't like as much as other brands I've used. The vent is powerful but only blows the steam straight up at the ceiling. And two, the overhead stove light isn't very powerful; it doesn't put off much light. All in all, this is a great microwave in spite of its few small issues.

It wipes clean very easily. I don't have to add harsh chemicals. The food just comes off with a little soap and water.

When using the directions the microwave is easy to use.

Decent microwave

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

I typically like Whirlpool products and this microwave is no different. I use the microwave fairly frequently, usually while making breakfast in the morning. So far I have not encountered any problems with the item. The door and buttons seem sturdy and durable. Even with all the mashing of buttons, no real wear and tear is visible. However, my only real complaint is that I find it difficult to determine how long to reheat certain items especially because this microwave is more powerful than my last one. While it can be frustrating to find the right setting, I have been satisfied overall with this product and would recommend.

Dorm MIcrowave

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

I am a college student and do alot of my cooking in the Microwave. I don't have a stove, so I use my microwave alot. The microwave has many programs allowing different foods to be cooked properly. I like the size of it because it great on my countertop. It is white.

• Settings/Features:

whirlpool over the range microwave

from North East, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

i recently purchased a whirlpool over the range microwave model number wmh1163xvq at bestbuy.com. It was sent to local store quickly pickup went smoothly. Installation took a little time but not bad. the whirlpool microwave worked for about four days went to heat up cup of water there was not heat no table turning. then the nightmare began took several calls then after an 18 minute wait time and getting tranferred twice someone took my information and schuduled an appointment for four days from then. Repairman came and said it was a bad relay board and that they usually never went bad . The repairman said the had to order one and he would be back in a week to install it following monday. After he left i called best buy they said i could bring it back because it had only been 20 days but they didnt have another one i would have to wait seven to ten days or wait for part since this one was already installed we decided to wait the week for the part. On the following monday no one called so i waiting till after lunch called them . They had to call whirlpool and check on part . then called me back and said part is back ordered and wont be in till april 15 .I tried to register a complaint on line with whirlpool they sent a reply that i would have to call them i am not calling them again and using more of my monthy minutes waiting for them to answer. and tell me nothing. this was my first and last purchase of a whirlpool product.

Watch the door latches

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

We had our previous Whirlpool microwave for 13 years of daily use (we have six boys, so we used it a ton.) When it finally conked out, I went right out and bought another Whirlpool. I sure didn't do a good enough job checking it out. If you look at the door latches on all models/brands of microwaves, you will see that Whirlpool and Maytag no longer have the hook latches. They now have a flimsy piece of flat plastic with a cut-out center that latches the door. And that flimsy piece of plastic has broken off inside my microwave, so it no longer will turn on. Do I really want to pay for a service call to fix this, only to take the chance of it happening again, or should I ditch the Whirlpool and go with a different brand? I'm going with a different brand.

Leave it to Whirpool!

from Bellefonte, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Over the Range Microwave:

Once again, I was happy with a new Whirpool appliance. When my microwave finally died, I knew I had to do some studying because I hadn't bought one in so long. The customer service rep steered me over to this model and told me he's never had a customer complaint. I bought it! It is easy to keep clean, easy to program and heats evenly.