Other Microwave Ovens:
Whirlpool
WMH31017AB
Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW

Summary

WHIRLPOOL BLACK MICROWAVE HOOD COMBINATION - WMH31017BK. 1.7 CU. FT. CAPACITY. 1,000 WATTS COOKING POWER. RECESSED, STOPPABLE GLASS TURNTABLE. HIDDEN VENT. 2-SPEED FAN. 220 CFM. 10 LEVEL VARIABLE COOKING MODES. COOKTOP SURFACE LIGHTING. NIGHT LIGHT. BLACK FINISH

Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Best microwave I've had so far.

Comments about Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW:

I love the sleekness of the black style, and its extremely convenient that it hangs over my oven and has a light underneath! It also reminds you a few minutes after it has finished microwaving to get your food out of it. It is very simple to use and very large which enables me to use it with countless other things.

A little hard to clean the inside.

Great microwave

Comments about Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW:

When I built my townhouse one of the upgrades was this microwave. I upgraded to have an under the cabinet microwave versus on the countertop microwave. This microwave never gave me any problems at all. It heated to the temperature of my desire. Cleaning was very easy. Besides the position, of being high above the stove. I would always have to use a step stool to reach. But always cleaned very easy. Never had any problems that I would have required an service calls. This property is now a rental property and still no problems with the microwave. The upgrade was definitely worth the money.

This microwave is easy to warm up left overs, defrost meats, and also used to make popcorn.

Settings/Features
This microwave has many options when it comes to pushing the pop corn button, the defrost button, and just normal warming. Also has the feature of a timer I would use the timer when making other items and also time out for kids, etc.

Microwave

Comments about Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW:

The microwave does a good job. The hood is not very useful. Steam builds up on the front and then drips down. I would like for the hood to actually pull the steam away from the stovetop. The hood is also very noisy when in use. It is hard to hear anything else that is going on while in use.

This microwave does a good job of heating and cooking food.

Settings/Features
I do think it needs more settings for defrosting. There are items to defrost other than meat and poultry.

You can remove the glass plate to clean. Easy to wipe out the inside of microwave. The only problem I have with cleaning is keeping the fingerprints off the front of the microwave.

The selection pad is large enough to read easily.

We have had our microwave for about 10 years. We have not had any problems.

The hood does not do a good job of removing steam, etc. I also wish the light was brighter. Maybe have a light on each end of the microwave. It is also noisy.

Great Microwave/Ventahood!

Comments about Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW:

This microwave was installed by the builder in the house we built. it easy to work. It has a defrost feature which I use often and it works well for all types of foods. It is easy to set the cook time and change the cooking level. It has a digital display which includes a clock. It also has a timer that is very easy to use. I use the timer on the microwave instead of the one on my oven because it is easier to use. It beeps to let you know when the food is ready and then continues to beep to remind you until you clear it.

Works great never had any problems. Heats food evenly and quickly.

Settings/Features
Has quite a few different food/temperature settings. Also has a defost setting.

Easy to wipe down. Spinning plate on the inside removes for even easier cleaning.

Very easy to use. Every setting on it is self explanatory no need to even read the instructions.

Never had any trouble with it.

Sleek design.

Great mounted microwave.

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW:

We got this microwave as a replacement for our counter top microwave. I installed it above our stove top myself. I had to move up some cabinets to reach the venting system, but it was a pretty easy job.

The steam clean feature is nice. It’s easy to wipe out the microwave when there is a spill. This microwave has many features. It has so many features my wife doesn’t know which feature to use sometimes.

It also has a light on it with two settings which is nice for cooking, or for using as a night light in the kitchen on the lowest setting. The size of the microwave works just well. The power and motor seems to be great too. Our last microwave lasted 7 years, we hope this one lasts longer.

Good Microwave For the Price

Comments about Whirlpool Microwave Hood Combination WMH31017AW:

Our previous Whirlpool Microwave lasted 12 yrs so I wanted to go with what was reliable. I just purchased this one 6 months ago and haven't been disappointed. It cooks evenly. My kids have learned to use the settings very quickly (the guide printed right inside the door helps tremendously!). The quick setting buttons have been accurate.