4.1
Side-by-Side Refrigerators
Whirlpool
GS5VHAXWQ
Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ

Summary

The temperature control are sesative and quick responding. The lower trays we use for produce are kept at the right temperatures while items higher up are kept cooler - just the way a refrigerator is supposed to work!

Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ

4.1

Pros

Cons

Whirlpool GS5VHAXWQ is a wonderful product

This whirlpool refrigerator is a lovely addition to the household. I have no complaints about it and it runs nice and it is quite. If I had to purchase this all over again I would do it because it was worth the money. I would recommend this whirlpool who is looking for a good quality product and stands up to the price.

Its could be better

Still getting condensation and the switch still gets frozen in place.  The ice maker is working OK and the water is not splashing from the ice maker when refilling.  Perhaps I need to make the freezer colder?  I'm up for suggestions.  Temp levels are at default currently. i like it but hate that the light switch is always stuck

Worth the money

from Milwaukie, OR

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

My husband and I bought this in October at a scratch and dent sale. The scratch is not noticeable but because of it, the price was lowered. It really works well for us. There is plenty of room on the door for items and plenty of room in the drawers and on the shelves. The water and ice maker work wonderfully and we haven't had any issue with it at all. The ice-maker dispenses both cube and crushed ice. Sometimes, the crushed ice is a bit chunkier than I would like but all in all, it is a good buy. I am very satisfied with the purchase.

Noise Level
Sometimes will make a sound as if water is running on the floor but after checking, it was just the noise it makes at times.

Love my Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator

from Davenport, IA

Love my Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator

Temperature Control
The refrigerator side does start to freeze food if there is too much food packed in there. Lesson learned - don't overstuff this refrigerator.

The drawers/shelves don't go quite all the way to the back so things will fall back behind fairly easily so we get the occasional surprise to clean up. It doesn't happen too often now that we know we have to watch for it though.

So far so good.

• Temperature Control:

Good solid non flashy refrigerator with ample space

from Mount Dora, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

I have no major complaints with the Whirpool Gold Side-by-Side refridgerator. It keeps things plenty cold and provides enough space to fit everything we need, even when extra space is needed around the holidays. For the most part it runs quietly, although every so often it'll make a loud grinding sound. I like the side-by-side style; easy to find and store what you need. The bins in the lower section of each side are nice for storing. The ice maker/water portion is good. The filter is easy to install in the bottom grille section. There isn't a lot of flash to the refridgerator but the stainless looks nice and it gets the job done just fine.

• Temperature Control:

I love this stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator!

from Mc Calla, AL

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

Prior to this refrigerator, we had one that had the doors at the top and freezer drawer at the bottom. I prefer this side-by-side and I love the through-the-door filtered water & ice.

Noise Level
I don't even notice the noise of this refrigerator, so it must be quiet!

Interior Organization
There is plenty of room in the interior of this refrigerator. I love that there are three separate drawers to use. There are also options for where to place the shelves. Also, the holders on the door can be adjusted as well.

Temperature Control
I have never had any problem with it not keeping the correct temperature and the food is always cold.

It is as easy as any refrigerator to clean. The shelves and drawers can be removed, so that makes it easy to clean the back part as well.

We have had it for a few years and have had no problem with it.

I love the stainless steel look and the overall design of this refrigerator.

very good fridge

from La Puente, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

I love this fridge. It is very roomy in terms of fridge and freezer space. Both sides have multiple shelves that are removable so you can adjust them to meet your needs depending on the items you put in there. I love the doors because they have compartments that are wide enough to fit large juice bottles and 2 liter sodas so that there is more room left on shelves.

• Temperature Control:

Our Whirlpool side by side refrigerator didn't last long enough.

from Millersburg, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

I was so happy to buy my new Whirlpool side by side refrigerator with water and ice service in the door. It was the first side by side I owned. I am not sure that I would buy another side by side. I wasn't that I didn't like the concept, but the traditional side by side models have a few drawbacks. One is that you can't fit anything very wide in it. Large bowls or platters or pizza boxes just don't fit. I also found that I "lost" things to the back of the fridge more than I used to. I really enjoyed the water and ice service in the door and it always worked well. However, the refrigerator only lasted about 4 years. After that, it started freezing items on certain shelves and had erratic temperatures. This was very disappointing, I thought that a refrigerator should last a least 10 years without any major problems. I am not sure that I will buy another Whirlpool refrigerator because of that. I will be needing another refrigerator soon and I will definately read reviews before I buy and pay attention to the longevity of the different brands,

Whirlpool fridge has left me cold!

from Charlotte, NC

Oh, Whirpool.

With all the consumer research and quality control research your company does, surely you would make a refridgerator/freezer side by side that I could give five stars to! Surely, you wouldn't make a refridgerator that has an ice maker that has broken three times in three years and now I use ice cube trays because I can't afford to fix it. Surely, you wouldn't make a freezer the size of a picnic cooler. Surely, you wouldn't make a refridgerator that has a broken rail (made of cheap plastic) so that the meat/cheese drawer can't slide. Surely, you didn't make a refridgerator that had a circuit board go out after only three years (and after the warranty was over).

Sadly, you did make a refridgerator that has done all these things. I even bought the Whirlpool "Gold" series refridgerator but, sadly, it has turned into the "Tin Can" series.

Never again, Whirlpool.

Whirlpool Side by Side Refrigerator

from Brule, NE

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

I bought my side by side refrigerator along with a new Whirlpool oven and Whirlpool countertop stove and have had trouble with everything but the stove. The refrigerator had work on the water filter you replace periodically. The good thing is I don't have to change the ice and water filter but 1 time a year.

Whirlpool Refridgerator/freezer side by side with TINY freezer

from Blackfoot, ID

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

We are currently renting a home with a side by side whirlpool refridgerator. It works well and the temperature gauge works quickly. Ours has an ice maker that works great. We haven't had any problems at all and it is eight years old! The fridge part is perfect. It has plenty of room on each shelf. The two drawers are deep and keep my vegetables crisp. The door has several shelves that are sturdy. They can hold a full load and stay firmly connected (we've had plenty where the cover will pop off constantly!). The big problem is the freezer. It is tiny. I freeze alot of foods. Bread, cheese, meat, vegetables, you name it. I don't need a HUGE freezer (alhough I'd love it), but this one is just overly small.

I love this fridge!

from Cordova, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator GS5VHAXWQ:

We bought this refrigerator soon after we bought our first house.  It was affordable and had the look we were looking for.  We've had it for almost 3 years now and still love it.  It is SUPER convenient to have water and ice readily available.  Not only is it convenient but the water tastes much better than our tap water.  The fridge itself is very nice looking.  I love the stainless look and it's very easy to clean.  It keeps the food inside the fridge very cold.  There are plenty of compartments for all the food and condiments.  The freezer keeps the food nice and frozen.  We never have any freezer burn.  The only problem I've had with the fridge is that the doors tend to stick.  And when I say stick I mean it!  Sometimes it takes all my might to get it open.  I'm sure it's a minor problem that would be easy to fix.  I read that somebody taped a cut up straw to the inside of the door and that fixed it.