Other Refrigerators:
Models:
GX5FHDXVY, GX5FHDXVQ
Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB

Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB

Pros

• Attractive (3)

• Personal (3)

Whirlpool Gold 25 cu ft French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator

*I truly love this refrigerator.  I purchased a Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator in 1987 & loved the new style! No more constant back breaking bending over to find something! The majority of the time, you are looking for something in the refrigerator, not the freezer.  And for cost efficiency, it made more sense for the freezer to be on the bottom because "warm air rises" concept.  When our old fridge died, we shopped around for the same type replacement. Whirlpool Gold had the best reviews & features! I didn't like the problems they seemed to have on any & all "in the door water & ice dispensers", so I gladly opted for the filtered water inside, which works great for us! We knew the larger size was for us, too! Sometimes we have a lot of leftovers but no room! Now that is NOT a problem.  Since purchasing in May 2010, I have had no regrets or negative interactions to this product. I recommend it to everyone looking for the best refrigerator on the market!*

Whirpool french door refrigerator

I have had a small top freezer fridge for all my adult life, so when we upgraded to the French door I was quite excited. I thought, wow, I will finally have tons of space to fit all the food, drinks, and leftovers. I have to say I was very disappointed that such a large fridge is so small inside! I have the hardest time fitting in a gallon of milk, with say a container of lemonade. There is hardly any door space at all for my taller condiments and the shelf spacing is so tight that the condiments don't fit there either! The only thing I do like is the slot for a twelve pack of soda that is in the door. I also like the freezer, which unlike the fridge has sufficient storage. Mine also has an ice maker which is nice, it's a bit loud when it runs but it doesn't run often so that's not a big deal.

Noise Level
Ice maker is a bit loud but you can turn that off at night so you don't have to hear it. The fridge is very quiet, I don't even hear it at all.

Interior Organization
The shelving is too tightly spaced together with no real good way of spacing it to make more room. I can not fit many taller condiments or liquids in this fridge at all.

Temperature Control
Keep it at a four or you will get ice in the back of the fridge.

Shelves do come out so it's very easy to clean.

Has held up well to my two kids opening and closing roughly.

I do love the design, it looks very nice in my kitchen, very sleek and shiny.

Very disappointed

from Knoxville, TN

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient

Cons

• Noisy
  • Not Cold Enough

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

This is our main refrigerator and it's not even 4 years olds. Behind the drawers in the freezer it freezes up and makes a herendous noise. We have to use a hair dryer to defrost it very often. The place where the ice dispenses inside the fridge is constantly sweating and then ice will only make a few cubes at a time. We had to remove the top drawer in the freezer to help keep it from freezing up. The worst part is it seems none of the appliance services can fix it correctly!! And of course it started acting up as soon as the warranty expired. Too much money spent on something that is this poor quality. Extremely disappointed.

So much room÷

from Bellaire ohio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

• Big Families
      • Large Kitchens
      • Small Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

This fridge has surpassed my expectations! I thought ibwasnt going to be able to fit much in the freezer but I haven't ran into that problem yet. So much fridge space in the top I have no problem fitting everything I want in it. It doesn't make any noises like my old one and the glass shelves are super easy to keep clean.

Love it

from Aberdeen, MD

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Quiet

Cons

• None

• Big Families
      • Large Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

This is a very attractive refrigerator. It is very quiet. While I am in the kitchen I can barely hear it running. The shelves are adjustable and the french doors have enough shelves to hold my items. the inside shelves are easy to clean. The bottom freezer has two pull-out bins and is easily accessible.

Whirpool french door refrigerator

Temperature Control
      Keep it at a four or you will get ice in the back of the fridge.

Shelves do come out so it's very easy to clean.

Has held up well to my two kids opening and closing roughly.

I do love the design, it looks very nice in my kitchen, very sleek and shiny.

• Temperature Control:

I love this refrigerator so much!

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

This refrigerator is perfect for my family because we use a lot of frozen foods, every dinner and a lot of lunches we make are made from food from our freezer. Not only that but this fridge is ideal when we have power outages as well because it keeps the cold in even if the doors get opened. We once had no power for two days, almost three and with this refrigerator, we didn't lose any food at all. No food spoiled or rotted and the food in the freezer never thawed. This fridge has saved our family a lot of money by just having the space to freeze food for the entire month.

Noise Level
      The noise level for this fridge is very minimal, next to no noise at all. Unless I put my ear on the side or back of the refrigerator I don't hear anything but a very faint buzzing.

Interior Organization
      There are many different sized shelves, and so many spaces to store things that for a family of my size we never run out of fridge space.

Temperature Control
      This fridge has two settings, automatic and manual. I can set each part of the refrigerator to a different setting, I always set the bottom freezer to maximum coldness and it works very well.

• Temperature Control:

Aside from the freezer, it is a great refrigerator.

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

Freezer space is limited due to the ice maker.

Noise Level
      Overall a quiet refrigerator.

Stainless exterior and plastic interior make it an easy refrigerator to keep clean.

Freezer handle becomes loose after a few months but it is easy to fix. I just have to tighten up the screws every once in a while.

Overall a well designed fridge.

• Temperature Control:

This product is excellent in design and space.

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

I have owned this refrigerator for a few months and absolutely love its beautiful design along with its storage capacity.I always have room for everything I buy either it be a big shopping trip or a holiday dinner.The french open doors allow for easy viewing and finding items I am looking for,While the easy pull out freezer provides a lot of versatile ways to store different items while being organized at the same time.I love the sleek modern look of this combo and how it fits into my kitchen.There are so many different ways you can use and organize this. Perfect for a single person or a big family. Family's who make large meals or small meals.The storage space in this refrigerator/ freezer combo has so many possibilities.With the different controls temperature for the drawers you can store fruits and vegetables at a different temperature to remain fresh longer,with the other drawer store lunch meat for extra long freshness.

not noisy at all

• Temperature Control:

Overall, a good refrigerator.

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

My only real complaint is that the freezer doesn't hold much, not for my needs anyway. I cook a lot of meals to freeze and it can be a chore to get everything in sometimes. I can't even keep ice trays in it because there's just no room. My landlord bought the fridge so I didn't have a say but I think I would have chosen a top freezer. I think this is an issue with bottom freezers. The top part holds a lot. It's so quiet that I never hear it running. It's super easy to change the shelf positions and remove them for cleaning. I like the French doors. I wish it had the outside ice/water dispenser. It's a nice looking refrigerator. I haven't had any issues with the moisture control setting for the produce bins or with it running too cold or warm. I think the bottom freezers are good for people who have a separate freezer or don't store a lot of homemade meals or frozen pizzas. But if you are like me and cook a lot of soups & stews to freeze, you might want a top freezer if you don't have a separate freezer to use.

Whirlpool French Door

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

It really a good refrigerator i have had. Very much spacious. seperate rooms for everything i have on the fridge. Keeps vegetables fresh and good. Dairy and eggs are quite fresh. Easy to clean and easy to maintain.

Noise Level
      Noise level from the fridge is quite low when compared to other refrigerators i had before.

Interior Organization
      Interior organization in the fridge is too good to keep things well organized in it.

Temperature Control
      Good temperature control in it so that it keeps things inside it very fresh and not too much freezing that would spoil it.

whatever i spill inside the fridge it quite easy to clean up by its quality. just a tissue would do the job.Outside of the fridge too is very easy to clean. i use to clean it occasionally but still it look very clean and bright. looks as good as new even after months of use.

its very durable. stands steady for months without any complaints.

the design of the product is too good. the seperate rooms for everything. enough space to keep things organised. freezer section is also too good. quicker and easier to make ice cubes.

excellent refrigerator

Comments about Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator GX5FHDXVB:

excellent refrigerator. we absolutely love it. we was not sure what we would think of it when we were looking. but now that we have had it we are glad we chose this unit. would highly reccommend this unit to anyone looking.

very quiet running unit.

Interior Organization
      lots of room and ease of moving things around.

Temperature Control
      temps stay very well regulated

very easy to clean