Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher WDF750SAY

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

The small detergent door doesn't open during wash.

from Mooresville, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher WDF750SAY:

I have had this dishwasher in two different houses (two different machines) and both times, I have had the same problem. When I put the detergent in the little compartment on the inside of the door, it never opens during the wash. I finish a whole load, open it up, and it is still in there. I then have to put it in the bottom of the dishwasher, and do it again! I just wasted a lot of water! I started buying the detergent tabs to throw in the bottom in hopes that they would dissolve at a slower pace and perhaps do the same job as if it were released slowly though the door. All in all, I am pleased with the performance as long as I don't put the detergent in the door.

Good quality.

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher WDF750SAY:

I really like this Whirlpool dishwasher. We have had it for a few years. It cleans really well, and works well with any brand of dish detergent (whether it's store-brand or name brand, power or liquid). We only really use the normal wash cycle and the air dry buttons, so I'm not sure how well the other options work. It does seem to take a while to get everything washed, but 95% of the time everything comes out really clean (even without pre-rinsing). I think it's reasonably priced as well considering some of the options out there. It would be nice if dishwashers came with more safety features for children, as this one is easily accessible (and intriguing) to my 18 month old. He can easily open the door and push all of the buttons, and with it being built-in, it's hard to find a safety latch the really works. OVerall though, it's a great buy for the price.

• Loading Flexibility:

Solid Dishwasher and I love the sanitize cycle!

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher WDF750SAY:

This dishwasher does not have tons of bells and whistles but it does everything that we need it to do. The cycle I like the best is the sanitize cycle during the winter months and during cold and flu season at our house.

Loading Flexibility
We have the tall tub which makes it nice to load large items into.

The jet dry dispenser stopped working and we would go through a whole bottle in a couple of weeks. I decided to just us the power tabs with the red ball of jet dry already there - it has really helped.

Horrible and Cheap Product

from Somers, NY

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher WDF750SAY:

We moved into our home with the set of the whirlpool gold. The dishwasher was only 5 years old but the tracks for the baskets were broken and when we went to use the dishwasher the dishes looked dirty still and stank. I thought maybe this was a fluke but out matching stove malfunctioned and turned on by itself and would not shut off causing us to have to unplug it and buy a new one because the cost of fixing them would have been too much. Finally our fridge is a french door and the doors do not close properly and our condenser leaks. What a mess of a product.

• Loading Flexibility:

Works OK, but has bad utensil basket design

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher WDF750SAY:

Very quiet to operate. Utensil basket is poorly designed. Traps garbage against door that can only be removed by removing basket. Only solution appears to be relocating utensil basket to take up space on dishes racks. Look for other designs before you buy this one.

Good product for money

from Fargo, ND

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher WDF750SAY:

We were looking to replace old falling apart dishwasher. We were looking for good price, stainless steel interior, good water and energy rating (we use it atleast once a day), and quiet.

Noise Level
Not silent but can be in same room and not be bothered.

Cleaning Time
The high water efficiency does make a slower cycle. It does have the option of an hour wash when you need it.

Occationally we find food on items clean but usually when over loaded.

• Loading Flexibility:

The starting device does not trip to start wash

Purchased this product in Dec. 2011, Worked fine for short time then we had to
call whirlpool to check why it would not start after selection of set up. The door closed properly, but the door is supposed to trigger the timer to start however it would not do so until we inserted a metal piece to touch the contact.