Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher GU3600XTVY / GU3600XTVB / GU3600XTVQ

Pros

Cons

Love this dishwasher

Recently we purchased the Whirpool Gold dishwasher and LOVE IT! It has so many wonderful qualities. The first great quality about this dishwasher is that it is so much quieter than our previous one (a GE). I also love that if you decide to stop it in the middle of a load you can easily just hit the resume button and start it back up again. It also has an optional delay button. You can put all of your dishes in (adding more as you go), along with the detergent, and then hit delay for 4 hours. What a great and interesting feature for a busy mom. The racks lift up or down and the silverware compartment can also be moved inside the machine or onto the door to save space. And the silverware holder also has spoon separators if you want to make sure your spoons get good and clean. Overall, I cannot say enought positive things about this dishwasher. I am really happy this is the one we chose and would happily buy it again!

Dissapointed

I spent a lot of time researching permanent, under cabinet dishwashers of all prices. The best one I found for both price and features was this Whirlpool GU3600XTVY... until I recieved it. They have made a design change which in this writers engineering experience and opinion is a big no no. They have changed the water inlet valve from a 3/8" NPT Female brass interface to a 3/4" 'plastic' Male Hose Thread interface. The only way you find this out is to buy the machine as all their installation manuals refer to the older more secure design. It appears they went this route for commonality of parts as this is the water inlet valve used on the portable dishwasher. There are three major problems and one minor problem with using this plastic valve. The first major problem is that a special and hard to find adapter is needed. The second major problem is that you are attaching a hard copper tube to the metal adapter which is then putting undue pressure at a right angle onto the plastic valve which will eventually break. The third problem is that you need a rubber washer for the adapter that will eventually leak. The minor problem and the tell that says this part is used on the protables is that the location of the exit port for the valve causes the water supply tube to stick out of the side of the machine and you have to be very careful not to jam it against the cabinet while installing the machine and that water tube will also be vibrating up against the cabinet wall.This new design was a deal breaker for me and the machine was returned and the search continues.

Whirlpool Dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher GU3600XTVY / GU3600XTVB / GU3600XTVQ:

This dishwasher does a fairly good job of getting dishes clean. The outside appearance however will start looking old and worn much too soon. The dishwasher cleans just fine but looking at it, it looks old and worn. The material over the push buttons cracks and chips off looking worn.

Noise Level
this dishwasher is a little noisy compared to brand new machines.

I rated the design poor because of the way the front of the dishwasher chips and looks worn.

Fantastic dishwasher

This dishwasher is a great dishwasher that everyone should get. It is really quiet, so you can watch a movie while the dishwasher is running. This dishwasher does take longer to complete a cycle compared to my old one, but it does such a much better job cleaning that the wait is worth it. I have put in dirty pots and baking dishes that have hard crusts of food on it and it still comes out clean every time! It is also energy efficient due to the long cycles and the fact that it uses less water, and another great thing is that it looks wonderful in my kitchen. If I'm short on time or am too tired, I'll just put the dishes in the dishwasher without rinsing it beforehand, and the dishes will still come out sparkling clean, which is something my old dishwasher couldn't do.

awesome appliance!!

from Cookeville, TN

The whirlpool Gold dishwasher has been fantastic so far. we've only had the privilege of owning it for about 2 weeks, but it has been great so far. our previous dishwasher was a whirlpool older model and when it broke we thought we would step out of the box and buy a Frigidaire brand even though we had loved our previous whirlpool. That was a huge mistake! We kept the Frigidaire for three months and it never completely cleaned one single load of dishes no what we did. This whirlpool on the other hand has cleaned and been very effeicient. I think I will be a loyal whirlpool owner for the rest of my life! oh this dishwasher also a a 1hour cycle that is FANTASTIC!! if you are in a pinch and need a clean load of dishes!!

• Loading Flexibility:

Your search is over. This is the one.

We renovated in 2010 and just had to have the sleek modern look throughout the house. Of course this meant that stainless steel appliances were a must and without much research, we ended up purchasing the Whirlpool Gold Built-In Dishwasher. I winced when they swiped my credit card because it was a bit pricey but luck was certainly on our side because from that day to this, I have not a single complaint about it. You definitely get what you pay for with this dishwasher. We took down a couple walls so that we could have an open concept kitchen, living and dinning so noise was a consideration when purchasing a dishwasher. The salesman assured us that this was one of their quieter models and boy was he right. I barely notice that it's running. Not only is it quiet, but it gets my dishes clean and most importantly, spotless. I hated always having to rinse my dishes before they went in, but with this washer (and the turbo jets in the back) my days of pre-rinsing are no more and the dishes come out without that annoying cloudiness. All in all, I am very pleased with this machine and would recommend it to anyone on the market for a dishwasher.

Noise Level
Barely audible

Cleaning Time
The cycle does tend to run a bit long.

I have had mine for almost 3 years and have no had a single technical issue to date.

Great dishwasher

I think that this dishwasher is great. The Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher cleans dishes to a sparkling clean and is nice and quiet. I do prewash dishes before placing them in the dishwasher, but I don't clean them thoroughly beforehand. I just wipe off most of the mess off of plates and quickly rinse most items with water before placing them in the dishwasher.

I also like the look and design of this dishwasher. I think it's modern looking and stylish. I've had a whirlpool dishwasher in a previous apartment, and have never had a problem with it, although I had an older model that was more noisy. This is one of the more quiet dishwashers that I've encountered. So far, I'm very happy with this product.

• Loading Flexibility:

Great quality and user friendly product

from Alexandria, VA

This is a good product which is user friendly enabling us to do large or small loads with a family with kids this is definitely a bonus. It is also quiet enough that it can beturned on at the end of the day and does not disturb the family.
Is also enable us to put baby items with glasses in it. in short we love it.

Gets the job well done!

from Las Vegas, NV

We have been using a dishwasher for about 8 years and we finally decided that we needed a new dishwasher. This dishwasher for sure is much quieter than our old ones when it cleans. This is also a Gold meaning it has some efficiency. The stainless steel is nice and it looks very shiny and matches with my fridge. I do not like how newer dishwashers now have the peripherals placed on the door handle now as I do missed how it was actually in the dishwasher. But this does provide more room but besides that, I really miss the old design. I guess I have to get use to the new designs now. This dishwasher also has a lot of nice features on it and it's pretty self explanatory. Overall, if you're looking someone decent, go out for this!

• Loading Flexibility:

Its economical and eco-friendly.

from Van Nuys, CA

I saved a decent amount of cash on my electric bill when I had this dishwasher installed a few months back. And it supposedly uses less water as well so I should be getting a lower water bill too! The dimensions and space allow me to put a large amount of pots, pans, plates and etc in, however there isn't a cutlery tray so you'll either have to find a crafty way to fit them in or just get used to washing cutlery by hand. And it has five separate settings for my specific cleaning needs, like fine china, pots and pans, or even enough for just a quick wash. There's a child lock system also installed in to the unit so parents can use this with out worry around the kids!

A wonderful dishwasher!!

We recently installed the whirlpool gold built-in dishwasher in our kitchen and I think this dishwasher is awesome!
Not only does it look good in my kitchen, but it also works perfectly, getting rid of the most difficult to clean, hardest to remove bits of food on my dishes. There is also so much space inside for dishes AND it barely makes any noise!
The one thing that people might not like so much about this dishwasher is that it's a little slow. As in, it takes pretty long (compared to other dishwashers) I have seen to wash the dishes, but I think that is fine. Apparently, the dishwasher is supposed to be energy saving and efficient; so that is why it is a little slow. Otherwise, it's great!

Ease of Use and Can Count on to Clean

from Chicago, IL

This Whirlpool dishwasher can really clean dishes. The buttons are really easy to use and not where one has to read a manual just to start the dishwasher. It also has a sanitizing rinse and heated dry cycle besides the pots and pans option, which is good for large loads, but yet it cleans the dishes super clean. This was one of the quietest dishwasher available, which is great if you want to get the load going after everyone is done eating, but still carry on a conversation in the kitchen where everyone usually stays anyway to talk. With the flu season underway, this is really good with the sanitizing rinse and heated dry to make sure everything is clean. It has a good spray to make sure that even the pots and pans are clean and everything is sparkly!