3.5

3.5

Should be Recall

from Kansas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Gold 21.9 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator GB2FHDXWQ:

I bought a Whirlpool GB2FHDXWS May 2013. I bought an extended warranty and glad I did. I discovered a pool of water in front of the refrigerator a month ago. It got worse to where it was a major problem and now I find it is a common problem with the refrigerators. The serviceman said he replaced 2 drain pipe assemblies yesterday and mine today. The drain pipe assembly has been redesigned. Why didn't the company send out a recall??? To top it off, parts were back ordered from Whirlpool so I had the water problem for a month which has damaged my laminate floor. If there is a problem, the company should address it and send a recall if they expect repeat customers. I won't buy another Whirlpool.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Looking Good

from Pennsylvania

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Quiet

Cons

• Not Cold Enough
    • Unreliable

• 2nd Refrigerator

After waranty ended had to replace computer twice and thermostst once. I had to get another refrigerator for the top part food to not spoil. Freezer seemed ok ice maker ok top would not keep cool

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Just ok

from Northford, CT

We purchased this refrigerator about a year ago. The fridge space is great. You are able to adjust shelved and bins as you would like and adjust the humidity. The freezer is another story. Space is very limited. You might as well just not even consider the top shelve there because the ice maker takes up so much space, even if you don't have it installed. About a month ago, every morning when we got up, there would be a big puddle of water in front of the fridge. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from. After some investigation, ice was forming at the bottom of the freezer over a couple of days and then it would eventually melt and spill on the floor. We are trying to fix it but no avail yet. My husband just chips the ice away when it forms.

• Noise Level:
    • Interior Organization:
    • Temperature Control:

Best refrigerator I have ever owned

from Manassas, VA

I purchased this just over a year ago and love the design and, especially, the interior size. It has plenty of space for a family's needs and keeps a constant 40F with no problems, even on the hottest days (I keep a thermometer inside thanks to the fears instilled in me by culinary school). I had replaced an older Kenmore and saw a drop in my electric bill, as well.

It's, by far, the best refrigerator I've ever owned.

Noise Level
    What noise? Quite as a mouse.

Interior Organization
    I only wish there was more depth to the door as I like to keep drinks in the door for easy access and I cannot get a 1 gal jug in the door. Other than that, it's great.

Temperature Control
    I keep thermometers in the refrigerator and freezer compartments. The refrigerator stays at 39-40 with ease, the freezer I keep a 15F and have never had an issue with any spoilage or major temperature fluctuations.

Everything comes out easily for cleaning. The seems can catch liquid spills, but they are tight so I have had no issues with cleanup.

OK. It's not a Smeg, but it still looks great.

• Noise Level: