Other Refrigerators:

Pros

Cons

Pretty good refrigerator.

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

Love it alot. Just one problem, the slide adjustable for cooler air for crisper some times get touched and freezes produce.

It is quiet.

Great adjustable shelves.

Temperature Control
Temp for crisper some times gets moved and freezes produce.

easy to clean.

We have had no problems in 10 years.

Its good.

• Temperature Control:

Works well but not very durable

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator works great! I love the water and ice dispenser, especially the fact that you can lock it. My three year old figured out how to get her own cup of water and it is really helpful to be able to lock it. The shelves okay, but we have already broken the bottom two drawers and the other one is a mess. They aren't very easy to clean.

Noise Level
Never had a problem with noise, it can be noisy when the ice dispenser is filling up, but that is the only time it is loud.

Interior Organization
There is not enough storage space and things are constantly falling out.

Temperature Control
We have never had a problem with temperature (except when the power went out).

It is pretty hard to clean the shelves because there is a lot of build up and they are hard to get out.

We have used it for 5 years and it is still working great.

I don't like the design. There is too little storage space and the shelves and drawers are hard to get out to clean.

• Temperature Control:

Small compact fridge and freezer

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

I posted satisfactory, because for some it would be. We are a family of four who entertain often. The storage space if hardly there at all. The freezer can barely fit a frozen pizza box in it regardless of the way you put it. You have to rearrange the shelves to fit it in. It does fit casserole dishes in long ways (barely) and can hold smaller items well. The drawers also seem to not roll smoothly. They jam and have a hard tie going in and out. Overall it does it's basic job of cooling food, but it sure struggles in space and durability.

Noise Level
The one area we have no problem with...

Interior Organization
The design is poor and does not offer much space at all. The shape of the door shelves are awkward and do not provide much holding space.

Temperature Control
We have never had a problem with the temp. It's very cold is very cold!

The clear shelves wipe up easily and are nonporous.

The drawers do not seem durable at all. We struggle to have them close easily, and sometimes can barely get them closed. They stick and seem to almost break as you try and get them to go in.

Design is lacking creativity mixed with usability. Not pleased with this fridge at all!

Quality and value

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

This is a spacious refrigerator. Quality definitely meets value on this product. Have had this fridge for a year without any issues. There is sufficient room for my family of three. As with all fridges it also depends on what you're family is storing. If you need additional space the shelves are easy to adjust to accommodate bulkier items. The freezer size a little more limited especially because of the ice maker, but that is rather standard for this type of fridge design. The fridge is easy to clean although because it is white the handles do tend to get dirty quickly. A simple wipe down should take care of most everyday grime. The fridge keeps my groceries very cold. I keep a thermometer in the fridge and have never seen the temp drop below the cold- food safe, even when some people in the house have left the door ajar. With this fridge I'm never concerned that the food will get too warm. Overall I am satisfied with this purchase and would recommend it to others.

• Temperature Control:

Very durable and designed well.

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

I have had to update all of the major appliance in our kitchen except the refrigerator. I have been very pleased with it.

Noise Level
The only time I really hear it is when then ice maker fills or empties. The motor really can't be heard unless the door is open.

Interior Organization
Plenty of room for tall items and the produce drawers are spacious and easy to clean. The shelves in the door are roomy and plentiful.

Temperature Control
No issues with frozen food in the fridge side and produce isn't too cold. Easy to adjust and easy to read dial.

Shelves wipe off easily, exterior wipes clean quickly and the freezer section is frost free and shelves remove easily to clean.

I have been wanting to update the fridge to a stainless steel fridge to match the other appliances but since there isn't anything wrong with the current one and we can't seem to wear it out, I haven't been able to justify it.

Stylish still for how long I have had it. Fits well into the custom cabinetry without overhang. Doors open with ease and aren't so heavy they swing open too fast.

Gets the job done

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

Initially didn't want a side by side but after some price comparisons we decided it would be more cost effective. Ice maker is a nice touch, no problems so far like with our last one and it was easy to hook up. Like all side by side refrigerators there's a lack of width which makes it hard to store larger or wider platters and unfortunately this rang true for this model as well.

• Temperature Control:

Hasn't had a problem yet!

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

In general, I find Whirlpool to be an excellent brand. We have had our fridge for over seven years now and not the first problem. Cools fantastic, freezes great, Live the ice maker! The only "concern" is with the crushed ice feature, it has a difficult time crushing on occasion, but we rarely use it and when we do it's not a big deal. The crisper drawer did break within the first couple of years, but I believe that was due to unusual weight unsigned for that drawer.

Noise Level
Nice and quiet except when dispensing ice; even the ice maker is quiet.

Interior Organization
Shelf space is adequate and somewhat maneuverable.

Temperature Control
Excellent! Never had a problem at all!

Generally, we keep it pretty clean so very little cleaning has been necessary.

The crisper drawer broke; could have been made a little stronger.

Was not a huge factor but looks decent; personally, I would have preferred metal but my spouse desired white.

Good reliable refrigerator

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

I'm very happy with this refrigerator. I like the look of it, it's easy to clean, the white color didn't yellow over time. It's plenty big and fits all of my stuff for our family of 6.

I didn't give the best review in this category because shortly after we bought the refrigerator, the door hit the inner drawer and the drawer broke. It probably could stand to have the plastic a little thicker so it doesn't break so easily.

• Temperature Control:

Love the ice maker/water filter feature!

from Elkhart, IN

Comments about Whirlpool GS6SHAXL (25.5 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

I was not at all sure I would like a side by side when we renovated our kitchen and bought this fridge. I have ended up liking it more than I thought I would, though there are still some features I don't care for. The bad: there just doesn't seem to be enough fridge space in a side-by-side. I can't fit large platters in either side and it seems to fill up too quickly. The good: having the freezer much more easily accessible than a bottom or top freezer has been great - all the kids can access most of both sides which makes it easier on everyone.

Temperature Control
Sometimes my veggies freeze in the bottom compartment and I can't fix the problem!

My 9 year old son usually cleans out the fridge for a little extra spending money. Almost all the shelves come out easily to be cleaned and clean up super easy in the sink with soap and hot water. Easy to reassemble as well.

The water filter shelf piece has gotten some build up on it that I CANNOT get off. :(