Other Kitchen Cooktops:
Whirlpool
Whirlpool GLS3665RS 36 in. Gas Cooktop

Whirlpool GLS3665RS 36 in. Gas Cooktop

Nice to have a large middle burner and easy to clean.

Comments about Whirlpool GLS3665RS 36 in. Gas Cooktop:

We love gas appliances and this one doesn't disappoint. It has 5 burners with the middle one being the largest. It is very easy to clean and use.

We have had some issues with the electric ignitors not turning off after the burner is lit.

Very easy to clean...all of the pieces come off and you can just wipe it down.

• Temperature Control:
  • Heat Distribution:

This is the best cooktop I have ever used

Comments about Whirlpool GLS3665RS 36 in. Gas Cooktop:

The Whirlpool Gold gas cooktop was installed by the builders of my new home. It is both the coolest looking and best working cooktop I have ever used. I like to pretend that I am a fancy chef, even if I am just an adequate housewife, and this range is fun. There are five burners, and sometimes I get them all going. The burners light quickly, and they adjust to a great range. The only downside is the clean-ability of the top. I'm used to a glasstop range, and it is a little tricky to get crumbs out of the corners of the inset steel.

Temperature Control
Range of temperatures available is great, with three different sized burners.

Heat Distribution
Pots heat up quickly, with sautee pans heating evenly.

I do have some darkening around the base of the burners. I use a stainless steel cleaner, but unless I really scrub, the darkness stays.

I would prefer something a little easier to clean, but the look of this unit is fabulous. Being a little difficult to clean is made up for with looking like a professional's kitchen.

Cleaning is a little bit of a hassle compared to the glass top I used to have. You need to take out the three heavy grates, take off the flame distributers, and pull off the handles to get the steel clean. Crumbs get caught in the seams of the steel at the outside of the unit.

• Temperature Control: