Other Washing Machines:

Whirlpool Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

I couldn't be happier with this washer.

My husband and I purchased this washer and stand almost a year ago.  We could not be happier.  It is so quiet, that sometimes I have to stand in front of it to make sure it is running.  It holds a good volume of clothing.  I am able to wash a queen size comforter with no problem.  It is simple to use, which I was afraid it wouldn't be.  Because I nearly always use the same settings, I literally only have to press the start button.

I love that you can load detergent, fabric softener, and bleach all before starting the wash.  With my old washer, I had to listen for the rinse cycle to load the fabric softener, and dilute it with water.

I am very glad we purchased the pedistal for this machine.  I never need to bend over or strain my back to do laundry.  In addition, there is so much storage in the pedistal for all of our cleaning supplies.

The only suggestion I can offer for shoppers is that front load washers can sometimes get moldy around the rims if kept sealed or unused for a few days, so, we leave the front door cracked so that any water remaining in the machine evaporates.

I have nothing negative to say about this washer.  For the first time in my life, my wash is done at the same time my dryer is done.  No waiting for the dryer on this set.

Whirlpool Front Load Washer: Worst investment in years

We purchased our Whirlpool Front Loading washer & dryer approximately 7 years ago.  At the time, there weren't many reviews on the internet to provide an input to our purchasing decision.  Our interest in this type of product was the energy savings of using less water and the osilating device in a standard washer wasn't part of the design.  Therefore, your clothes did not experience additional "wear" due to the friction created by the ossilator.  Unfortunately, what we didn't understand is that the rubber seal gets molded and the washer stinks bad!  In addition, we purchased the based under the washer/dryer for storage (detergent,etc).  However, not a single bottle of laundry detergent fits as they are too tall.  It was disappointing because we paid extra for these storage units that basically add no value.  In addition, we were not aware that the front lid must remain open to prevent molding and the stinking. Our laundry room is small and serves as an entry way from the garage.  Therefore, leaving the door open isn't realistic and we can only ventilate it by keeping the front lid cracked open.

Great washing machine, with a couple of reservations

from Memphis, TN

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Door latch breaks easily
  • Gets musty smell inside
  • Timer/countdown minutes left on cycle incorrect

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Greasy work clothes
  • Heavy/Bulky Items
  • Jeans
  • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

This is a great machine overall! It cleans exceptionally well and it has such a large capacity that you can wash king size comforters, area rugs, car mats, pillows, or other really large items. You can wash a ginormous load of towels or clothes and it cleans exceptionally well. You add your detergent, bleach, and fabric softener into the pull - out drawer at the beginning of the wash cycle and you don't have to come back to tend to it or come back to add anything. The bleach dispenser doesn't dispense the bleach until the second fill, and then it adds it slowly while water is added by the machine to the bleach in the dispenser, thereby preventing towels from getting bleach spots on them. I bleach even my colored towels and, though I realize that the bleach will cause them to fade over time, I don't want obvious bleach spots on my laundry. I love that you can choose a longer or shorter wash cycle, different and varying wash and rinse temperatures, a 2nd rinse, a longer spin cycle, spin only, and anything in between. The short cycle cleans regular laundry well and is only 16 minutes. One of the things I especially love about this washing machine is that it spins the clothes so well that they dry in record time! Usually, drying clothes takes twice the time of washing a load, but not after the spin cycle on this washing machine! The cons I have noticed are quite annoying...the first of which is that the door latch breaks very easily. You cannot simply close the door abruptly/quickly, and certainly can't "slam" the door shut by simply swinging it shut. I've had guests do this and the door latch breaks EVERY TIME. I finally got tired of calling a repairman to come fix it that I ordered the part (the latch) from an online appliance part distributor/company and it is a simple fix...just unscrew the two screws holding the latch on and screw on the new one. Also the washer will soon smell musty unless you keep the door open at all times when not in use.

Reliable workhorse of a washing machine

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

My family of five puts this washing machine to the test each and every week. We do at least ten loads of laundry. The Whirlpool performs like a champion. The only flaw I have encountered is when my son muscled up to open the side swinging front door. He cracked the handle. It was easily replaced and washer was good as new

• Cleaning Time:

This is sn energy efficient washing machine for a large family.

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

Overall, the machine works great. My only complaint is that mold builds up in the seal and in the soap dispenser. I have solved the problem by leaving them open when not in use. This is a little inconvenient, but it has solved the problem.

Energy Efficiency
The machines uses much less water and less energy. Also, because it uses less water, drying time is drastically reduced. This saves even more energy.

Cleaning Time
The machine takes much longer than a top load machine. However, it about equals the amount of time it takes to dry clothes.

The machine works very well. My family is large and the clothes come out clean every time. Sometimes it vibrates quite a bit.

All that you have to do is push the right buttons. The machine is easy enough for anyone to use.

The machine looks nice and I like the flat top.

The latch broke on the machine after one of my children ran into it. It was a costly repair. However, we wash at least eight loads of laundry every week and it is still working very well.

Whirlpool Front Loader

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

I was very excited to finally get a front loader washing machine just a couple of years ago. I chose the Whirlpool Front Load Washing Machine because of the ease of loading the machine, water efficiency and cleaning and load options.

What I did not consider with the machine was the difficulty in cleaning the actual machine, not just clothing. The machine becomes dirty and musty smelling very quickly. Mold and mildew collects in the seal. In turn, this concerns me that my clothes are not getting as clean as I expected. Draining the machine of old water and running cleaning cycles is time consuming and cuts into my already large laundry loads.

Energy Efficiency
This is an energy efficient machine which I prefer in all new household appliances.

Cleaning Time
There are many different washing cycles with varying times. All the cycles seem to be the normal lengths for any machine.

My concern with the performance of the machine has to do with the fact that the machine is always musty even when leaving the door and drawer open after the cleaning cycles.

The machine is user friendly. It is easy to see the cycle options and choose the appropriate cycle for the load. I use the delicate cycle and cold clean most often.

The design of the Whirlpool machine is stylish and looks nice in the laundry room.

After a couple of years, the machine has held up well to many loads each week. I believe I average about ten loads a week.

Not what I expected

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

I was thrilled to get a front load washer. However, I didn't realize some of the drawbacks, such as, bending down really low to load and unload clothes. Unless you have a pedestal to make your washer higher, this is a big pain. Literally, in the back. Also, if you don't take out clean laundry, black mold starts to grow in the plastic where the door fits in because of the stagnant water. I have to remove laundry right away when it is done and leave the door to the washer open until it completely dries after each load of laundry. This model also shakes terribly when the barrel inside is spinning. It's incredibly loud also. The clothes come out clean and it works fine, but there are some major drawbacks. My next washer will be a top loader. The one great thing I do love about it is that it only puts in enough water to completely cover your clothes. It doesn't fill the entire basin. I love that. It has saved us a ton on water bills.

• Cleaning Time:

Great, hassle free product!

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

I've had this machine for about 6 months now. It's great, hassle free, and super easy to use! My ONLY complaint is that if you are pouring the detergent in and your door is open it will start to slowly go down into the barrel and it leaks out the front. This won't happen if your door is closed when you're putting your detergent in.

• Cleaning Time:

Good product. GREAT customer service.

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

I had this washer for about fifteen months when both the computer board and the motor quick working. When the guy came to fix it he told us to call GE and tell them about how long we had it and see what they could do. When we called they were surprised that both parts broke and they sent us the new part FOR FREE! The washer has been working great ever since. I absolutely love that GE stands behind their products. We will continue to purchase GE products because of the excellent customer service.

• Cleaning Time:

This product is looking good.

Good looking product

Energy Efficiency
Nice energy and power consumption is less

Cleaning Time
Bit less with it cleans very effectively

Super performance by this machine which gives us all the time record.

Normally for house hold with good family

Normal design but it works good for all.

Good

Very Good Front Loader

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

I love this washer. Its very roomy and I have a family of four so I do a load of laundry everyday and it hasn't failed me yet. My kids get a lot of stains on their clothes at school, they wear uniforms and white shirts and it takes every stain out for me. It's very easy to use and it doesn't take long at all to do a load of laundry. I do laundry every single day sometimes more than once depending if I'm washing sheets and my electric bill is not any higher than it was before. I believe that this washer will last me at least ten years and that's with me using it every single day. I love this product and I would recommend it to my family and friends.

Energy Efficiency
My electric bill is not very high.

Cleaning Time
Depending on what cycle you choose its very time effecient

Clothes smell and look clean and stains are gone.

Very practical and self explanatory on how to use.

Very sleek and new.

Amazing. I use it everyday.

• Cleaning Time:

The fastest cleanest wash I can get for the price I can pay

Comments about Whirlpool Front Load Washer:

I love the controls. They help me choose how long or short I want to wash, temperature and speed. The soap dispenser help me choose between different products for my load. I love that this uses very little water and can finish its shortest load in 28 minutes. That saves me time and utility money.

Energy Efficiency
The fact that it uses only enough water for what is in the drum is very helpful. We may a premium for our water so saving water is of great value to me. Also, the fact that I can choose a short wash time help with utilities as well.

Cleaning Time
I love that the shortest wash time is 28 minutes. Our clothes are never very dirty so I don't really need to wash that long.

This is my second Whirlpool front load washer. I never had to fix it once until if finally gave up on me. I feel I got more than I paid for from my first washer and expect to receive no less than that from my second.

Several option. I just wish this soap dispenser had the new ability of loading a lot of soap and it dispensing it over several loads.

I like the design of my new model. The new computer noises when turning on and off took a little getting used to and sometimes I wish they weren't so loud. Doing laundry at 5 am can be a trick if my baby is asleep.

For my use the durability is very good. I do not have a large family and wash about 1 load a day. We do not have a lot of heavy items either. I cannot comment on heavy usage or article durability.