Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
GI6FDRXXY, GI6FDRXXQ
Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator

Summary

This 26 cu. ft. ENERGY STAR qualified and CEE Tier 3* rated model is our most efficient french door refrigerator available. It features tap touch controls and white LED lights that make your food look like food. The Accu-Chill temperature management system enabled by 6th Sense technology returns food to the desired temperature in half the time. 6th Sense Technology Accu-Chill Temperature Management System ENERGY STAR Qualified Resource Saver Refrigeration System Adaptive Defrost System (ADS) Tap Touch Electronic Controls LED Interior Lighting 26 Cu. Ft. Capacity Exterior Ice & Water Dispenser PuR 6-Month Water Filtration SpillGuard Glass Shelves Fast Cool Option Dispenser Control Lock Cubed and Crushed Ice Selection Factory Installed Automatic Ice Maker Humidity-Controlled Crispers Temperature-Controlled Full-Width Pantry Smooth Door Finish (all colors) Fr

Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator

Pros

• Attractive (9)
  • Holds temperature well (8)
  • Quiet (8)
  • Space for tall items (8)
  • Customizable shelving (7)

Cons

• Bad ice maker (6)

• Large kitchen (8)
  • Big families (5)
  • 2nd refrigerator (3)
  • Small kitchens (3)
    • Noise Level:
    • Interior Organization:
    • Temperature Control:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (3), Casual cook (3)
    • Personal (10)

whirlpool gold french door refrigerator

it is an awesome very usable refrigerator.The ways that you can configure the shelves is very helpful and I love all the drawers that come with it. By having the ice maker in the door I get more usable space within the shelves. I also like having the gallon of milk in the door to free up shelf space.

Noise Level
it is a very quiet product When the ice maker refills you can hardly tell it is on. And while it is running there isn't any hum at all. I like the door open feature also so that you know if the door has been left ajar.

Interior Organization
The spacing in the refrigerator and the freezer is very usable in comparison to the Samsung we previously had. The ice maker in the door saves a lot of shelf space to be used for big items and all the drawer space is good for organizing all your vegetables and fruits and cheeses

Temperature Control
The sliding temperature controls on the drawers are very easy to know what setting to use for the items you are keeping within them. It is also easier to use the controls on the front of the doors help maintain the proper levels.

It is easy to wipe out the shelves within the refrigerator. The drawers also come out and go back in easily for washing and cleaning them. It is also very easy to keep the front of the doors clean from fingerprints by using a stainless steel wipe that we purchased from the grocery store.

The doors and interior shelving and drawers holds up very well to my grandkids opening and closing the doors and drawers for their snacks. it also is very well constructed and able to hold all the items we keep in the doors and drawers and shelves.

The stainless steel front is very attractive and fits in our kitchen with the other appliances and my counter tops.The handles are very nice in appearance and the layout of the drawers and shelves work well together to hold many items of varying sizes and shapes. We love the long drawer that can hold large platters and pizza boxes without takingup too much space

Not what it's cracked up to be

After needing to replace an aging refrigerator, I decided to go with a more modern design, featuring the freezer on the bottom and side by side doors. It didn't take no time at all until I regretted my decision. The bottom freezer is nice, and more efficient, but the side by side doors are a problem. It's supposed to save energy by allowing you to open only door while keeping things cool on the other side. The problem is, though, everyone, myself included still opens both doors at once, usually. You just don't have enough space with one door open to put in or take out any large items (pizza box, large pots & pans, etc)

Noise Level
Only noisy when the ice machine is filling up with water or dropping ice down.

Interior Organization
Even though there is more cubic feet of space in this model compared to my older one, it simply does not hold as much. I've tried different configurations of the shelves, but nothing seems to give me a comparable amount of storage space as my old model.

Temperature Control
Unit initially cooled very quickly. No problems with the temp.

No better or worse than other models, I suppose.

I haven't owned it long enough to say how it will last in the long run, but so far it's holding up pretty well.

With more cubic feet that my last refrigerator, you'd think there would be more room, but there definitely isn't. There's more room in the freezer part, but less in the main part.

Good for large kitchens.

from Florida

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I flip houses and re do houses as a sort of part time job, we recently had a huge kitchen remodel to do and needed a kitchen on a larger size to work in the new kitchen.

I looked at several different fridges before coming across this Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator. Not only is it plenty big enough for the kitchen that I purchased it for, it is actually pretty pleasing to the eye. The stainless steel matches everything else in the kitchen beautifully and a added bonus is that it is very easy to clean. Sometimes stainless can show dirt or scratchrs pretty badly, but that wasn't the case with this fridge. It's in a kitchen where it is used pretty heavily and it still looks just as clean and shiny as it did when I first purchased it.

The fridge and freezer maintain temperature really well, all the time. I also love the amount of storage that it offers. Plenty of room for all kinds of different sized things. Tall and short and everything in between.

I would definitely recommend this to a larger family, someone with a large kitchen or a business that needs a large fridge for lots of storage space.

I would buy this again

from Coal Mountain WV

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I love how you can space the shelf's to your neefs

• Personal

Product is worth buying because it is a high quality

from Iraq

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Quiet
      • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
      • Flimsy Shelves
      • Limited Shelving Options
      • Noisy
      • Not Cold Enough
      • Not Energy Efficient
      • Poor Layout
      • Unreliable

• Office Fridge
      • Wet Bar

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

Fridge very new and economical economical and high-quality manufacturing

Enjoy the space

from Hahira ga

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Quiet
      • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I like the style and the shelving. I wish the ice maker produced more and the filter was cheaper.

• Personal
      • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Love it

from Dallas,Tx

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I love it! If you are looking for a roomy refrigerator this Is it. I enjoy how everything fits perfect. The layout is pefect as well. And if you have small kids you can lock the water and ice. I find that locking it is a wonderful idea when cleaning it.
          I would recommend refrigerator to anyone. I love it as well as my family.

Ice maker died

from Spanish Fort, AL

Pros

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

We have had the refrigerator for 2.5 years. I loved the design and layout. However, the ice maker has died. I thought I was purchasing a quality appliance and am unhappy that It didn't even last three years before we had a problem.

• Personal

Keep your head out of the dirt and look straight ahead

from Stockbridge, Ga

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Customizable Shelving
              • Easy Access
              • Energy Efficient
              • Holds Temperature Well
              • Quiet
              • shelving made easy to change
              • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• it was dropped on way to my home

• Large Kitchens
              • open only door you need

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

When I first purchased this fridge I got it in one store for a good price. Then when by chance went by another store saw the same fridge and it was 5oo.00 cheaper than the one I just purchased. So quickly I called to see if I could cancel the first one, yes, I could so I purchased the second one. On the way to my home and the store it was dropped and the freezer door was bent and the freezer froze everything that was not to be frozen such as the door on the freezer it was froze closed. I tried to have it replaced and they were going to replace the fridge then the store got a new manager she decided to have it repaired. I wasn't happy because I purchased a new fridge undamaged and that's what I wanted. She send a repairmen from a company that did not regularly do their work. He was a cute man he came in the door announcing I'm here to fix not to repair. And that's actually what he did he fixed it and we've not had any more trouble with it. All and all it turned out o.k. I did save 500.00 and got to see a repairman know his business and let you know he knew it and proved it . No one had been able to figure out what was wrong with the fridge when I showed the repairman he said I'll make it new again, he did.

• Personal

Beautiful Appliance, but not so user friendly

from Wesley Chapel, FL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Energy Efficient
              • Holds Temperature Well
              • Quiet

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
              • Limited Shelving Options

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

We bought this appliance because we liked the attractive look that it had on the outside and it seemed to be the style that was most popular. We went from a side by side refrigerator.
              I could tell immediatly that this fridge did not have enough useable space. I feel that it is much smaller than my other unit, not by actually size, but by the way the shelves are set up. I tried moving the shelves in different, more usable positions, but I still feel like I am lacking so much room. The storage on the inside of the doors is much smaller, and due to the ice maker taking up a large amount of space inside the fridge, the shelves in the door are useless.
              The ice maker is always getting ice stuck as it is suppose to be dispensing ice, and once you can break it free, a ton of ice comes pouring out. The water filter does not last very long before the lights start flashing that you need to change it. The filters are not cheap, and having to replace every 45 days or so can get expensive.
              The fridge is beautiful on the outside, but not very user friendly for someone that likes to cook and store food.

• Personal

Ice maker could have been better!

from India

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Customizable Shelving
              • Holds Temperature Well
              • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
              • Noisy

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I recently purchased this amazing fridge and I must say I am really impressed with its performance. lots of storage inside and handles are quite sturdy as well. The ice maker unfortunately is quite loud making the fridge noisy.
              Interior Organization
              Well organized interiors make it easy to find your desired food at your convenience. You can easily set your desired temperature level and forget about it.
              Not a problem at all. Just remove the interiors and and you are ready to go.
              It looks strong and should be able to last for at least 4-5 years easily with proper usage and maintenance.
              Just love the french doors. It looks awesome in my kitchen. It has a modern yet classy design both in exterior and interior and you will fall in love with it.

• Personal

Ice maker could have been better!

from India

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Customizable Shelving
              • Easy Access
              • Quiet
              • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

The fridge looks good and has lots of storage to store all my foods. It is built with stainless steel making it quite strong and durable. Just hope that the ice maker could have been a little bit better.
              Interior Organization
              The interior is well organized and has lots of storage. It has customizable shelves and fully adjustable drawers.
              Temperature Control
              The fridge maintains an even temperature throughout the fridge and all my foods remain fresh and cold inside the fridge.
              Just remove the shelves and other interior parts of the fridge and you can easily clean the fridge.
              The fridge is made with stainless steel that makes it extremely strong and durable. Till now, it works absolutely fine without many issues. It should last for at least 5-6 years if not more.