Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
GI6FDRXXY, GI6FDRXXQ
Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator

Summary

This 26 cu. ft. ENERGY STAR qualified and CEE Tier 3* rated model is our most efficient french door refrigerator available. It features tap touch controls and white LED lights that make your food look like food. The Accu-Chill temperature management system enabled by 6th Sense technology returns food to the desired temperature in half the time. 6th Sense Technology Accu-Chill Temperature Management System ENERGY STAR Qualified Resource Saver Refrigeration System Adaptive Defrost System (ADS) Tap Touch Electronic Controls LED Interior Lighting 26 Cu. Ft. Capacity Exterior Ice & Water Dispenser PuR 6-Month Water Filtration SpillGuard Glass Shelves Fast Cool Option Dispenser Control Lock Cubed and Crushed Ice Selection Factory Installed Automatic Ice Maker Humidity-Controlled Crispers Temperature-Controlled Full-Width Pantry Smooth Door Finish (all colors) Fr

Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator

Pros

• Attractive (15)
  • Holds temperature well (13)
  • Quiet (13)
  • Space for tall items (13)
  • Customizable shelving (12)

Cons

• Bad ice maker (6)
  • Limited shelving options (3)

• Large kitchen (12)
  • Big families (11)
  • 2nd refrigerator (4)
  • Small kitchens (4)
    • Noise Level:
    • Interior Organization:
    • Temperature Control:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (7), Avid cook (4)
    • Personal (16)
    • I received a sample (7), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

whirlpool gold french door refrigerator

it is an awesome very usable refrigerator.The ways that you can configure the shelves is very helpful and I love all the drawers that come with it. By having the ice maker in the door I get more usable space within the shelves. I also like having the gallon of milk in the door to free up shelf space.

Noise Level
it is a very quiet product When the ice maker refills you can hardly tell it is on. And while it is running there isn't any hum at all. I like the door open feature also so that you know if the door has been left ajar.

Interior Organization
The spacing in the refrigerator and the freezer is very usable in comparison to the Samsung we previously had. The ice maker in the door saves a lot of shelf space to be used for big items and all the drawer space is good for organizing all your vegetables and fruits and cheeses

Temperature Control
The sliding temperature controls on the drawers are very easy to know what setting to use for the items you are keeping within them. It is also easier to use the controls on the front of the doors help maintain the proper levels.

It is easy to wipe out the shelves within the refrigerator. The drawers also come out and go back in easily for washing and cleaning them. It is also very easy to keep the front of the doors clean from fingerprints by using a stainless steel wipe that we purchased from the grocery store.

The doors and interior shelving and drawers holds up very well to my grandkids opening and closing the doors and drawers for their snacks. it also is very well constructed and able to hold all the items we keep in the doors and drawers and shelves.

The stainless steel front is very attractive and fits in our kitchen with the other appliances and my counter tops.The handles are very nice in appearance and the layout of the drawers and shelves work well together to hold many items of varying sizes and shapes. We love the long drawer that can hold large platters and pizza boxes without takingup too much space

Not what it's cracked up to be

After needing to replace an aging refrigerator, I decided to go with a more modern design, featuring the freezer on the bottom and side by side doors. It didn't take no time at all until I regretted my decision. The bottom freezer is nice, and more efficient, but the side by side doors are a problem. It's supposed to save energy by allowing you to open only door while keeping things cool on the other side. The problem is, though, everyone, myself included still opens both doors at once, usually. You just don't have enough space with one door open to put in or take out any large items (pizza box, large pots & pans, etc)

Noise Level
Only noisy when the ice machine is filling up with water or dropping ice down.

Interior Organization
Even though there is more cubic feet of space in this model compared to my older one, it simply does not hold as much. I've tried different configurations of the shelves, but nothing seems to give me a comparable amount of storage space as my old model.

Temperature Control
Unit initially cooled very quickly. No problems with the temp.

No better or worse than other models, I suppose.

I haven't owned it long enough to say how it will last in the long run, but so far it's holding up pretty well.

With more cubic feet that my last refrigerator, you'd think there would be more room, but there definitely isn't. There's more room in the freezer part, but less in the main part.

Best refrigerator Ive ever owned!!

from Swans Island , Maine

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Individual adjustments for temperatures

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

When my old one retired , I did a lot of research before purchasing a new one and am so happy with my decision.
    It has every feature you need , an icemaker , a spacemaking exterior door for drinks and condiments , plenty of space , temperature controlled zones for meats and vegetables. Its amazing.

• Personal

Great fridge and ice makers works great!

from Independence, mo

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet
    • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I love this whirlpool Refrigerator! It really worked great! We bought this one for our new house and my husband has been wanting a fridge that has an ice maker. It maintains its temperature and produces more ice than ever.

Best refrigerator

from Libya

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet
    • Space For Tall Items

• Office Fridge
      • Wet Bar

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

Wonderful refrigerator beautiful large room for everything is recommended to use any one of the beautiful and classic

I would buy this again

from Il

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Easy Access
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

Love the dual french doors and spacious racks. I rely on this brand.

Nice product

from Iraq

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
        • Easy Access
        • Energy Efficient
        • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Not Cold Enough

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

It's realllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooood ,everyone should buy it.. because It's verrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy easy to use and doesn't have a lot of cons i looooooooooveeeeeeee it verrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy muuuuuuuchhhhhh i can buy it again and again and again and again.. thank you verrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy verrrrrrrrryyyyyy muuuuuuuuuchhhhhh for this product it is reallllllllllllyyyyyyyyy helped me and maked my life be easy what I don't like is that's a little bit big and not every kitchen can get it ,she is verrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy cold too so you can but ice cream in it without worrying about if it's melted .. i hope everyyyyyyyyyoneeeeeeeee enjoys in this verrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy amazing product, pleeeeeeaseeeeeeeee buy it ..you will never ever lose I promise you alllllllllllllllllll

A must have!!!

from Shantilly34

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
        • Customizable Shelving
        • Easy Access
        • Energy Efficient
        • Holds Temperature Well
        • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I absolutely love this refrigerator. It's spacey and the layout is perfect for my family. The sections are measured well and height is balanced for each compartment.

Good for large kitchens.

from Florida

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
          • Easy Access
          • Holds Temperature Well
          • Quiet
          • Space For Tall Items

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I flip houses and re do houses as a sort of part time job, we recently had a huge kitchen remodel to do and needed a kitchen on a larger size to work in the new kitchen.

I looked at several different fridges before coming across this Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator. Not only is it plenty big enough for the kitchen that I purchased it for, it is actually pretty pleasing to the eye. The stainless steel matches everything else in the kitchen beautifully and a added bonus is that it is very easy to clean. Sometimes stainless can show dirt or scratchrs pretty badly, but that wasn't the case with this fridge. It's in a kitchen where it is used pretty heavily and it still looks just as clean and shiny as it did when I first purchased it.

The fridge and freezer maintain temperature really well, all the time. I also love the amount of storage that it offers. Plenty of room for all kinds of different sized things. Tall and short and everything in between.

I would definitely recommend this to a larger family, someone with a large kitchen or a business that needs a large fridge for lots of storage space.

I would buy this again

from Coal Mountain WV

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
            • Customizable Shelving
            • Easy Access
            • Energy Efficient
            • Holds Temperature Well
            • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I love how you can space the shelf's to your neefs

• Personal

Product is worth buying because it is a high quality

from Iraq

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Customizable Shelving
              • Easy Access
              • Energy Efficient
              • Holds Temperature Well
              • Quiet
              • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
              • Flimsy Shelves
              • Limited Shelving Options
              • Noisy
              • Not Cold Enough
              • Not Energy Efficient
              • Poor Layout
              • Unreliable

• Office Fridge
              • Small Kitchens
              • Wet Bar

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

Fridge very new and economical economical and high-quality manufacturing

Enjoy the space

from Hahira ga

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Customizable Shelving
              • Easy Access
              • Energy Efficient
              • Holds Temperature Well
              • Quiet
              • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

Comments about Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator:

I like the style and the shelving. I wish the ice maker produced more and the filter was cheaper.