Other Kitchen Ranges:

Cons

Great stove!

from Bland, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

I've been using this stove for awhile now and have absolutely no complaints. While it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, if you're just looking to cook a meal, this stove will do the trick just fine. I've cooked everything from Ramen to holiday dinners using it and never had an issue with anything. The burners heat evenly and the oven is large enough to accommodate a large turkey. It also cleans very easily with minimal scrubbing - it isn't any worse than any other stove I've ever owned in that regard. It also looks good in my kitchen!

Overall, if you're looking for a top of the line stove, this one probably isn't for you, but if you're just looking for a stove that will work for it's intended purpose, this stove is perfect!

Good product.

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

I recently had my old range in my apartment replaced with this Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range. I am very glad I went with this brand! This has been an excellent range and definitely gets the job done. It is not hard to clean at all and even when there is a spill on top it comes off surprisingly easy. The knobs are very sturdy and do not feel like they would pop or break off at all. My only complaint is that it does not heat up as fast as I would like it to but I have learned to be patient and live with what I've got. I ended up cooking a whole Thanksgiving meal this past Thanksgiving and it worked out amazing! I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a new range at a lower price.

• Heat Distribution:

The best stove I ever owned!

from Westminster, SC

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

I have this stove and it's the best stove I ever owned! It boils water faster than any stove I've ever owned. I also like that the baking time is the exact that it should be. By far this is the best stove I've ever owned! It's easy to clean and looks great too! Most stoves vary on oven temperature when cooking things like cakes but this stove cooks in the exact time listed on the recipes. It's pretty simple to bake and leave until ready and not have to worry about burning.

Temperature Control
Perfect temperature. Cooks in the exact time stated on recipes. No guessing if it's done.

Heat Distribution
The heat distribution is just right. No food is left uncooked or leaves you having to guess if it's done.

Very well built. Sturdy.

Looks good and just what I needed.

Exceptionally easy to clean!

overall good range

from Benton, KY

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

I give this an overall good because the oven seems to get messy and not as easily cleaned as others in the past. doesnt seem coated as well inside. also applies to top and side. scratches easily

Temperature Control
nop problems with temperature control-does seem accurate to my thermometor

Heat Distribution
i dont care for the placement of the stove elements but does work fine

see overall rating-easily chipped, scratched and dented

would prefer 2 large elements in front if possible

coating is dull inside making cleaning more difficult. i do not have the self cleaning oven.

Decent stove

from Austin, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

This range was in our house when we moved in, so we did not pick it out. I have been happy with it, with a couple of exceptions. The oven cooks quickly. We learned this after burning the first few meals we cooked. As with many ovens, food on the top rack cooks faster than food on the bottom rack. So you have to rotate the food when cooking multiple dishes. Other than these things, it is a good product.

Whirlpool is Trustworthy As Always

from Kelayres, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

This is the range I had in my old apartment. The Whirlpool Electric Range is just a simple, regular, normal oven/stove that works well and looks clean and nice. There are no special settings or anything. This is cheap and works just fine for normal cooking.I just don't like the burner sizes. There is only one large size and the other 3 are smaller. So when I'm cooking a bigger meal, it's a pain because things don't cook evenly in the skillets since the heat is basically just on part of the pan. The oven is huge and has multiple rungs so you can space the racks out how you'd like. It's very easy to cook a turkey or ham in this oven. The top is very easy to wipe clean and has no annoying nooks or spaces to try and dig in to.

Good for making a meal

from Falls Church, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

I have used this range for a while now, it came with the appartment I am renting. I have to say that I love electric stoves, they are really easy to clean compared to the gas ones and I feel somewhat safer. This specific range is very versatil, it is just the right size for a small kitchen and it contains everything you may need. Although it takes a while to heat the ranges, it is convenient for later since the food won't be burnt that easily. There are two different sizes so you can choose whichever fits best for your pan and it gives you flexibility while cooking. The oven takes a while to pre-heat, I would advice to take your time with it, but the heat is evenly distributed so even if you have several tiers none will be more baked than the other. The alarm on the timer is a little bit annoying though, since it won't turn off until you do so manually (which could be ok for people that tend to forget about having something cooking on the oven). Overall I would recommend it.

So far I love my new Whirlpool range--nothing fancy, just works!

from Stella, MO

Comments about Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range:

I bought this range after a very frustrating experience with my other stove.  My former stove had the electronic mother board go out after just one year, so this time around I wanted to go old school, and have a more traditional range.  Basic and simple, this had everything one could want in a stove--4 coil burners, big oven, and dials for the operation.  It has 3  6-inch coils and 1 8-inch coil element. I would have preferred to have 2 8" burners, but I don't use them both at the same time that much to worry about it.  I like that I can replace one of the coils should one burn out or quit working, and I also appreciate that most of these elements are universal in size, so I can easily obtain them.  Great features:

- Large oven--4.8 cubic feet

- Big enough cooktop that my pans all fit

- Easy to clean sealed cooktop

- Light for oven

- Lower storage drawer

- Lots of shelf rack adjustments

So far it has been great.  The oven does seem to bake a little bit too hot, but it comes with directions to reset the factory heat settings, I just haven't done it yet.  I look forward to years of use with this stove!