3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Laundry isn't just a chore anymore

My husband & I purchased the Whirlpool Duet washer & dryer when we moved into our home last Spring. At first the entire family was entertained by just watching the wash in the machine. Now that the novelty has worn off, I'm still impressed. I absolutely LOVE the high capacity of these machines; it translates to time savings in that it allows me to do laundry much less frequently. It's also great to be able to wash large comforters at home instead of taking them to the laundry mat or dry cleaners.We opted to NOT buy the pedestals. Because of their high price, I wanted to try without them first, thinking I could always add them later. I actually prefer to not have them because I use the top surface for folding laundry.The washing machine:My mom said she would never want a front loading machine because she likes being able to add stray garments after the wash cycle has already started. However, you can still do this within the first 8 minutes of the cycle because of the "Add A Garment" feature.The incredibly high spin speeds leaves much less water in the finished laundry.Other features I really like are the internal heating element, the machine's ability to sense load size  & cleanliness, &  the water conservation.Occasionally I find a finished load sitting in a puddle (it's only if I wash a load like one small blanket), but this is easily addressed by running an 11-minute drain & spin cycle.I leave the door propped open at the end of every washing session & have not had any problems with foul smells in the machine. I also run the monthly cleaning cycle.The dryer:I've learned to use this machine so I end up with a thoroughly dry & wrinkle free load of laundry every time. I love the fact that it senses moisture & thus doesn't overly heat fabrics.

Don't Buy Whirlpool. Once they have your money, they're done

I purchased a Whirlpool Duet Washer which worked fine.  For 6 weeks.  That was 2 months ago.  For the last two months I have been waiting for 7 parts.  They now have 5, but the other two are still backordered, with no estimated arrival date.  Whirlpool is unconcerned.  They even chided me for being pushy because there are other people waiting ahead of me. They also indicated that after the parts are received, it will take 7 - 10 days to ship them to me.  One would think that a reputable company would express the parts out after so long a period of time.  I even sent a letter to their president's office with no response.

I think the final kicker was in their last email to me, they said **"Please remember that you are a valued Whirlpool customer and we appreciate your support of the Whirlpool brand. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you today."**

They have my money.  They're done.

lots of lights, buttons, dials and switches, cleans well to boot

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Just remember to hold in the start button for a few seconds to get it to start, it's not a quick one click start button.  Also leave the door open after it's done so it can dry out.  It's easy to add clothes after it starts, cleans well, and takes good care of your clothes.  My other washer used to tear large items with the agitator, no problems with this one as there is no agitator.  As fun to use as a washer can be.

Update; I've had this well over a year now, not a problem, still works flawlessly. It does a great job. One of the best products I've ever bought, the other would be the drier matched to this one. It dries things in record time, probably because this washer spins things so thoroughly they're almost dry when removed from this washer.

Energy Efficiency
I did see a drop in the electric bill the first month after I had this duo. It was also lower than the previous Feb..

Cleaning Time
I rate this very good, because although most loads are 50 minutes, some are more, some are less; the clothes come out so much cleaner that it's worth the extra time.

Best working W & D I've ever used.

Stacks on top of each other, great space saver.

I'm a truck driver, and often I work on my trucks. It gets lots of greasy jeans and coveralls, and keeps on going, well over a year now, not a single problem. Also does a full set of King Sheets, or a King comforter, so I don't need to pay to have the King Comforters washed anymore.

• Cleaning Time:

Worth the investment, ease of use, holds alot more per load.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

So quiet, lower water and gas bill. This was a good purchase.

Energy Efficiency
Lower water and gas bill.

acceptable, not an issue

Versatile,the double rinse is an essential feature for us - due to allergies, skin sensitivities, etc.

easy to read panel

nice large front loading, no back problems

• Cleaning Time:

don't waste your money, doens't last.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Doesn't clean and within months we started having trouble with it. Making loud noises. You would think after spending over 1100.00 for a washer it would last several years.

Energy Efficiency
I was told I would see a difference in the amount of water I used. I didn't notice anything.

Cleaning Time
In order to get clothes sort of clean, had to use the steam and the oxi clean which means it would take 1:55 minutes to do a load.

within three months made loud noises and right after 1 year old, no warrenty started having trouble. Today after three years it sounds like a plane taking off and then stopped working.

easy to use

looks good

don't waste your money it doesn't last.

• Cleaning Time:

Overly complicated, wrinkles and twists clothes.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I thought I was getting a great washer. But it is horrible. It takes forever to do a load, is overly complicated (way too many cycles), and, worst of all, it tangles clothes and they come out horribly wrinkled. I am very disappointed and would return it if I could.

Energy Efficiency
I can't prove that it is energy efficient. The ads say it is. It takes a long time to wash.

Cleaning Time
Takes forever to do a load

Clothes come out all tangled up. Wrinkles do not come out in the companion dryer. Doing more ironing than I ever thought of.

Much too complicated. Who needs all these cycles.

Too complicated

Don't really know. Only had it three months. Would take it back if I could

outstanding

from Lowell, MA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Once owning a smaller  washer and Dryer, I find that the **Whirlpool Duet Washer/Dryer**  are well worth the cost.  They save time by using a wider, more constructive washing space with much more power. I enjoy the capability of the detergent dispenser also, adding fabric softner and bleach if needed is a wonderful additive; not having to make the trip to the basement multiple times; Convenience is a Plus.  The machines are actually much quieter, than I had anticipated considering their size!

Love it!

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

The Whirlpool Duet is my favorite washer I've ever had!  We have had it for over two years now, and with six people in my family, we have washed a lot of clothes.  Not once in the entire time we've had this washer have we had one problem with it.  It washes our clothes great and takes the guesswork out of washing the clothes.  One of my favorite things about this washer is that it is really quiet!  Another of my favorite things, is that you don't have to put the size of your load.  The machine knows and uses the right amount of water for the clothes that are in there.  Plus it uses less water than your standard machine so you end up using a lot less water per load!  In the dispenser there is a place for bleach and a seperate place to put your detergent that has a switch depending on if you use liquid or powder.  There are also options that you can choose from for each wash cycle, as well as a cycle to wash your machine.  Lastly, it can hold a lot of clothes which for me is a big plus!

I love this washer

from Dana Point, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

My mother has this washer and I love it. I often tote my laundry over to her house to do it. I love the idea of steam. Not only do I feel that it gets the stains out better but I feel it comes out cleaner (less germs). We have a toddler so we need all the help with stains and germs. We have had leaky diapers and now accidents with training pants, food stains, and grass stains. I usually am able to wash only on the weekends so those stains can start setting. Yuck. I typically wash her clothes twice to ensure I get everything out but with this washer I don't have to do that. It is a long drive to my mother's so my husband doesn't like it. He can't complain though because he won't buy me one until my current washer wears out. The problem is that it is a Whirlpool too so it just doesn't break down! I have had it 20 years and it still runs like a champ. It is not nearly as pretty as this beauty though. It feels heavy duty, the controls are easy to use and I love that it is front-loading. I am embarrassed to say that I am like a young kid, watching the clothes flop around and the clothes getting cleaner by the second. My daughter watches it with me, so my mother thinks I am just watching it for her.

So far so good Whirlpool duet steam washer

from Brookwood, AL

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I have to admitt it took me awhile to get used to this washing machine but so far it's been O.k ! My 2 problems I've had is it destroyed 2 pair's of shoes but I put it on normal cycle and not delicate cycle. My old washing machine i always used the regular cycle to wash shoes so I didnt know ! So just remember my mistake ! 2nd thing is I dont like that you have to leave the door opened or it will smell and Mildew, You also have to buy washing machine cleaner and use it once a month. Other than those 2 problems I really like it! I've only had it for 2 months but so far it is quieter and work's good ! I like the fact that I can put lot's of towels in and wash at the same time ! My machine also has a steamer which I havent had to use yet but When I do I will update! It wieghs youre clothes and only put's the right amount of detergent in the water so be careful not to over fill with detergent. I would recommened this to a freind!

Great to have

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

When I first started seeing the front load washer, i was very hesitant as to whether or not it was worth it or really worked well. Then I started seeing many different companies come out with the same design and concept. As soon as I saw one go on sale at a decent price (this one) i went ahead and purchased it. I would have to say this was a great idea. The overall design is sleek and very high tech looking. Is extremely easy to use and works great...not only that but it also saves me tons of money due to the design of the machine. And like a lot of the older models, this washer is not as loud as them which is always a plus. And of course if since i bought the washer i had to get the matching dryer which also works great. I would definatley say that this product was a great investment and in the long run is saving me money. Overall I would say this product is great and would definatley recommend it to anyone.

This Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer is a dream come true!

from Saint Johns, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I felt that I might be the last person on earth, well at least the last person I know who didn't have a front end loader washer.  After my 13 year old washer kicked the bucket, I was so excited to finally have the need to purchase one.  After much research and advice, I decided to purchase the Whirlpool brand.  Out of all the brands out there right now that offer this type of washer, Whirlpool was far and above all the rest, even the most expensive brands.  From the parts, to where it is made, to the settings that is offered on the machine, the Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer is the best quality for the money.  Not only am I please with the brand, but I have to say I am so thrilled with the way the machine actually works and saves money on water.  I actually sat and watched the first 5 loads just because I was simply amazed at how little water it took to clean my clothes.  I also noticed that my clothes smelled better coming out of the washer, using the same detergent!