Other Washing Machines:

Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

Clean and Fresh Laundry

I purchased the Whirlpool Duet Steam washer after my Maytag Neptune kicked the bucket.  I wanted a front loading washer that was quiet and would do a good job.  I absolutely love this washer!  Clothes come out clean and fresh, my whites have never been whiter.  I use the steam function to clean the dog bedding!  Best of all the laundry is done in half the time as the old Maytag and with very little noise.  My washer is just outside my kitchen and we often watch TV there while eating or preparing a meal.  With the Maytag, we were unable to hear the TV but now we do not even notice the washer is on.  My Maytag had the issue with the moldy gasket which caused me to run a bleach wash without clothes every couple of weeks.  I have had the Whirlpool for over six months and I have no evidence of mold or any obnoxious odors.  I do wipe down the door and the gasket when I am finished.  I also hang a small hand towel over the door to keep it slightly ajar when not in use.

This may be a good piece of equipment

I have heard of this type of washer from whirlpool who I thimk makes the best of them all but there are some things that whirlpool may want to take a poll on or simply ask customers to give feedback on. I was recommended this washer I went to sears and took a look at this. Now my family wash alot and we need a huge capacity so that we don't have to wash 20 times in a week so if I could recommend this to anyone it would be to the college grad or to a couple that washes probably 3 times a week. Go to your local wal-mart, sears  or whatever other retail store that sales washers and dryers and see if this is a fit for you and your family because you want to make the best of all of your purchases especially when it comes to this. You may be able to put a blanket in this washer. It seems to be quite compared to others that I have been recommended but in the overall, I would probably get this washer because it is a reliable company.

Superb Washer!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I am in love with this washing machine. It works perfectly and does the best job laundering my clothing and making them look almost brand new each time I launder them.

Energy Efficiency
I have noticed a significant difference in my electric bill since I got this washing machine. The other model I had was old and really used a lot of power. This unit has really made a difference in my life and my electric bill.

Cleaning Time
This unit has different settings that offer a variety of difference wash times, making it easier to launder clothing more efficiently.

This machine washes my clothing perfectly and does a great job getting stains out in the shortest amount of time.

Very ease to use this machine, it is not complicated at all.

I love the up to date design of this machine. It fits perfectly with the design of my laundry room. I love how it looks in there.

I have laundered a variety of different clothing, including quilts and blankets and it does the job excellently with each thing I throw in it. I highly recommend this product.

• Cleaning Time:

I've had for 2 years and no problems so far.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

The washing machine has been working perfectly, as I've had no problems or issues with it and have been using it since May of 2012 when I purchased it. Although I don't use the "Oxi dispenser option" too often, I will say that when I use it that it does a fantastic job on whites. The only thing that happens sometimes seems to be a pattern with all front loader washing machines and that's chothing sometimes gets tangled up upon removing from the washing machine. With that said, I believe it is more of "user error" than anything else. If you go jamming too many clothes (jeans/pants and long-sleeved shirts) into the drum, you're going to come out with a tangled mess (clean, but tangled). I've learned that if I do a normal load in the drum the clothing never comes out tangled! Again...more of "user error." I wash a lot of clothing and have been extremely pleased with this washing machine for the 2 years that I've been using it now.

I've been using for 2 years now and have washed a lot of clothing. No problems as of yet. I'll update review in 2 years or sooner if I have an issue.

its good i guess??

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

We've had this washer and matching steam dryer for 10 months now, and so far we have loved them. It is amazing how dry the clothes come out of the washer. I have however noticed that the spin cycle has gotten progressively louder over the last 10 months.

Well, we loved them until this past weekend. Started hearing a "thump" sound from the washer, and noticed it wasn't spinning as fast. When it was done the clothes were still soaked. Yup, something is wrong. Took a day off work for the repairman to come look at it. He turned it on, saw what it was doing, turned it off. Yup, something is broke. Have to order parts, be back in two weeks, another day off work. How are we gonna clean our clothes? Not his problem, and oh, "You guys need to have the dryer down off the top when I come back". Awesome! So to recap, very expensive washer broken after 10 months, no way to wash clothes for almost 3 weeks, and we're responsible for lifting the dryer off the top of the washer, and disconnecting it. Not real happy, but maybe you'll have better luck with the one you buy. Whatever you do, get the extended warranty. You'll need it.

Great affordable washer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I got this washer with a matching dryer and it has turned out to be a great unit for the price, have had it for five months and it works great! Hope it lasts for years(it seems like it will!)I decided to go for the stacking option which saves tons of space. Although with the front loading design it would be nice to put them side by side and put a table top over the unit for folding the clothes when they come out! Its operation is pretty standard for a washer and it even plays a nice little jingle when its done, its not super loud, it offers standard and quick wash cycles. It uses auto sensing to determine the amount of water required for the load you put in, which is GREAT it uses way less water than typical washers! It is just me and my partner so this washer is great for us! I think if you had a large family it may be a little too small but if you don't ind doing a few loads daily then this washer, and matching dryer, is a steal for the price!

Cleaning Time
The standard wash time is almost an hour! But there is a quick wash cycle which takes about half the time, I use this cycle about 90% of the time, I dont notice any difference between the quick wash or the standard cycle.

• Cleaning Time:

I like this washing machine

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

When I was growing up I'm used on washing clothes just by hands and getting water from the deep well hand pump. I washed clothes at least once a week and needed to go to the hand pump deep well early to avoid traffic since all my neighbors will be washing their clothes too. But now that I'm here in one of the riches country in the world it seems like washing clothes is so easy. Everything is too easy because of high technology.

Energy Efficiency
I think it's not that efficient on energy because it uses a small amount of water so you can't put a bunch of load. So you are going to make

Cleaning Time
Our washing machine is always set for 45 minutes.

If it's a very tough stains and you don't use a stain remover on it then it won't just come out by itself. But with help of stain removers it makes a difference.

So easy to use.

I love the elegance of the design it is so pretty and just desirable.

Very durable never have a problem with it and I have been using it for five years now.

• Cleaning Time:

Easy to wash big loads for my big family.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I love the front loading washing machine and the ease of use. The choices of settings cover a full range from delicate to bulky. For the amount of laundry that can be cycled through the machine, the water usage is minimal. I am not totally convinced, however, that front loaders wash better than traditional top loading machines.

Energy Efficiency
This washing machine uses a minimal amount of water. With a large family, water conservation is important.

Cleaning Time
The average cleaning time is about 50 minutes. I think this is normal for washing a load of laundry. There is also a quick cycle that is only 18 minutes for those times you need something washed quickly.

I am not totally convinced that front loading machines clean better than the normal top-loading washing machines. With a top-loader, the clothes are agitated with some sort of mechanism inside the drum. With the front-loader, the clothes are "slapped" around as the drum turns. With this machine, it is important to pre-treat first so as to boost cleaning.

Clean and Green! ... just remember it's not a toploader

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Our family is overall happy with our Whirlpool Front Load Duet. We've had it now for over 3 years with every other day laundry use. It saves on the heating and water bill, and the design of any front loader reduces the amount of detergent required. I also find it quieter than a typical top loader, however, if somebody has change in their pockets then the coins tumble and cause a commotion. And of course, it has more settings than anybody would ever use - but i do enjoy the delayed cycle setting.

This machine, and front loaders in general, have received some negative reviews due to smell. Unlike a top loader, the design does not allow easy ventilation (when not in use) because the door must seal. This is easily remedied by leaving the door ajar when not in use - which the manual does recommend. However, there are stories of users keeping the door closed for upwards of a week between loads which encourages mold and mildew growth. I have experienced this problem and also have not had any reliability issues.

Overall, i rate this a definite environmentally friendly buy - as long as you remember that it must be treated differently than your traditional top loader.

Energy Efficiency
Front loaders are efficient by design.

Cleaning Time
Average time for a load - about 40 minutes.

No cleaning issues - does its job.

Has default settings, which means that load can start with one button push if you like the defaults.

No issues after 3 years.

Washing Machine

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I have had this washer for 8 months and I love it. I love all of the features, such as the time delay where I can set the washer to start later on. I like that I can adjust just about every setting, heat, spin, rinse, and more. I do not have a hard time finding washer fluids that I can use either. I like how silent it is, I can use my washer anytime day or night. I lived in an apartment when I first got it and I never got a complain about using the machine, sometimes I would use it all through the night. I also like that that it does not get stinky like my old one does. I like the feature that will keep cloths fresh by spinning every so often to rotate the load so that it does not mildew. I love my washer, and I have an amazing warranty. I have a family of 5 and a dog that I have laundry for and this machine keeps up with it all. It can handle being ran for an entire day at a time. I am very happy with my machine.

Energy Efficiency
My bills have gone down, this uses so little water.

Cleaning Time
I can adjust it to many different times and it works great.

Great for Large Families

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

We have a very large family.. 11 kids still at home! I've used Whirlpool Duets for almost ten years and have loved them! With so many kids and my contractor husband, the "piles" of laundry can quickly turn in to mountains. The Whirlpool Duet washer helps me keep on top of things. It's easy to use and has many cycles to choose from.

Energy Efficiency
I noticed a significant drop in my water bill the first month we switched from a top loader to a front loader. The only thing that had changed was the purchase of this washer!

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is very adjustable within each cycle. The short cycle is less than half an hour; longer cycles can be set for 1 1/2 hours or more.

This is a very quiet washer. We have eleven kids and my husband's job keeps him pretty dirty six days a week; the washer cleans all of our clothes very well.

The cycles are easy to understand and they each offer different options (length of cycle, water temperature, etc...). It even lets me know when I need to run a cleaning cycle.

The design is very smooth and had a few different color options when we purchased it.

Mold Grower

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Good concept, but the mold issue is too much of a negative for me. I won't buy one again unless they figure out how to solve that problem.

There is only one problem with this washer and it is a big one. The design doesn't allow for adequate drying out of the machine, which then results in a good amount of mold growing around the door. You will have to run bleach cycles and remember to keep the door open, but even then, mold will still be there.