3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Lovin it!

Bought a new house in December 2008 and had to buy a new washer and dryer. Whirlpool Duet Sports. This washer works great and has quite a bit of different options, more than our old hand me down ones anyways.  I havent had a front loader before but I am huge fan now thanks to this machine.  It has 3 different levels of spin, water temp, and a whole bunch of different cycles.  I havent had to use this machine on high spin because it nearly dries the clothes on medium.  Another good feature, if you have a husband/boyfriend who occasionaly likes to do laundry, is that it wont spin fast if its off balance so it wont ruin your washer!  It also tells you how long your cycle will last and has an end of cycle alarm if you want it.  The alarm I must say is better than some other ones that I have had.  Its more like the timer on your oven or microwave and it goes off a few times so if you have kids you may actually get to hear it.  Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a new washer.

This washer should be named "The Jackhammer". Don't buy it!

We purchased the Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Loading Washer in August 2007. The Model is WFW8300SW02, Serial HLU2935883. Rather than "Sport" this model should be named "The Jackhammer" as that more accurately describes the sound it makes. It is so loud that we can not hear the TV two rooms away! We can not run the washer in the evening as it wakes everyone sleeping upstairs!

We called Whirlpool and a repairman was dispatched. He checked to make sure the washer was level and checked the brand of soap I used. That's all he did. He commented that, yes, these washers are very noisy. He suggested either using no soap (!?!) or waiting for a recall.

I've called and emailed Whirlpool. They said there is nothing they can do - that the washers are just very noisy. (That's the understatement of the century!!) They do not plan a recall. They said that sending another repairman to check the washer would not be covered by the warranty. (It's apparently not a one YEAR warranty, but only a one VISIT warranty.)

So, please consider this tremendous noise problem and if your laundry room is anywhere inside your house, don't buy this washer. Also, be aware that you can not rely on the Whirlpool warranty or service.

This machine really makes you work for a clean load!

from Florida

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Energy Efficient
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

This is my first front load washing machine and I do have to say it is awful. It does wash the clothes but it sure takes quite some time for a simple quick wash. I have to constantly run and check on it during each cycle because it will give an error code. Not just one error code, depending on the type of items in the wash I can get a different error code. Which makes me waste time sitting in front of the washer watching to make sure it starts when I restart it. It is just too much hassle. But it will have to do until I can get something better.

Great washer

from New Haven, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

We bought this Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer about 4 years ago from Menards. They had a great sale going with the matching dryer. This has been a great washer for us over the years. We originally bought it because it is a high efficiency washer and would not use as much water as our old top loader. The savings in water is amazing! I have been pleased with the cleaning job that it has done. I am giving this a 9 out of 10 for a few reasons. First, the door opening is a little small. Makes it challenging putting clothes in, not that big of a deal but it would be nicer to have the opening larger. Second, I have noticed that when I only wash one item (like a sweatshirt or something like that) it comes out soaking wet and has not spun out the water at all. It’s like the balance was off so the washer did not spin at all. Third, the rubber around the opening has a gap that small things like socks end up in there sometimes. So I always have to check in there to make sure nothing is in there. As will all front loaders you have to ALWAYS keep the door cracked open or else you will have a problem with mold and mildew. About a year ago we moved out to the country and have well water. So far I have not seen this affect the washer at all. It has been a great washer for us and has not needed any repairs. I highly recommend this.

Great washer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I bought this along with a matching dryer from Craigslist and have had no problems. Many of these reviews focus on the mildew which only happens if you don't leave the door cracked a bit to let the moisture out between use.

The machine does vibrate during the first part of the spin cycle but stops once it hits high. You have ensure the machine is level or it WILL dance. I found taking the feet off the bottom of the pedestal beneficial to make sure it does not move.

All in all this is a solid machine and mine is still going strong after 6 years. Don't let all the negative reviews scare you away.

• Cleaning Time:

The Whirpool Duet Sport has worked well for me.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I've been using the **Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer WFW8300SW** for the last four months while visiting my husband at his temporary military residence. This is the first front load washer I've ever used, and besides a couple minor complaints, I like it.

Cleaning Time
Different cycles have different pre-set wash times, so if you want a quick wash, you can have one. If you have some really dirty clothes, you can adjust the cycle and have a longer cleaning time.

I actually haven't had any stains to wash out, just regular, dirty clothes, but they do come out clean. I haven't experienced them smelling gross/moldy like some people have reported.

When it comes to loading the washer, I prefer top loaders. It's much easier to throw clothes down in a washer, than to try and put them in the front because they often fall out.

Like I said, front loaders are new to me, but I like the design of this Whirlpool washer. I like all the cycle choices I have to choose from. I'm not crazy about the buttons because you have to press them in quite hard, instead of the dial knob that that you just turn that's on my top loading washer at home. I much prefer the knobs to the buttons. Also, I don't seem to get as many clothes in this washer than I can in my top loading washer at home.

• Cleaning Time:

My clothes come out almost dry

from Gallup, NM

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I really love my Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine... not just because it matches my Whirlpool Duet Sport Dryer...but because it gets my clothes really clean without a lot of wear and tear.

I was skeptical about getting a front loading washing machine because it reminded me of the machines in the laundromats that did damage to my clothes back in the day. I bought this washing machine because my friend swore by it and now I am happy that I did.

It was a lot more money than the top loading machines in the store but now I think that over the long run it was worth it. It conserves water which is important for the enviornment and also my budget since now I pay for my water use.

There are a lot of cycles to choose from and the spin cycle is so good, it allows my clothes to come out almost dry. I notice I put much less of my laundry in the dryer now. It is also pretty quiet, at least more quiet than my top loading Kenmore was.

Whirlpool Duet Sport washer is GREAT for the price.

from Du Quoin, IL

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I was finally able to buy a new washer and dryer that came as a matched set. The Whirlpool Duet Sport was priced attractively and came with a great review from my sister, so I decided to go for it. I haven't regreted my purchase at all. It has a enough capacity for my families laundry. It does a great job cleaining our clothes, is easy to use, and has proven very reliable.

It does vibrate quite a bit and make a noise like it's trying to take off when I put a large load of jeans in to wash. This is a just a small inconvenience due to the location of our laundry room. Also, the push buttons on the control panel have began to crack on the most used ones. I'm not sure why this is happening on just our washer. We also bought a matching dryer at the same time and the buttons are holding up just fine.

Overall, this is a great washer for the price. I would highly recommend it.

Great Deal

from Fremont, NE

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

We have been using this unit for a while now and its been amazing to have! It has so many different amazing options that I dont even know where to begin! This has got to have the most washing options I have ever seen on a unit at this price. Most of the other units ive seen that have theese options cost much much more. You can basicly set this thing for any time you want and for any kind of clothing you want to. Its also not to big or bulky and its great to be able to wash the cloths from the front and not the top. That makes it much easier and better to be able to do. This also comes in different colors and all of them look amazing. I dont think I seen any units that were a better bargin so go get this now!

Love the Whirlpool Washer!

from Portland, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I rated the Whirlpool Washer Duet Sport Front 8300SW a 4 because I really love it. Saves on the water and soap, alot of chioces to pick from on the way you want to wash and the spin cycle is awesome. The only real problem I have is the smell I have to clean it a lot or it has bad orders and when the load becomes unbalanced it really makes a noise besides that I love using it.

LOUD! LOUD! Whirlpool Duet Sport WFW8300SW

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

Thinking Whirlpool is the best? My wife and I purchased the front load washer and dryer in 2006. We replaced (updated) our older model, Maytag. We wanted to save money by buying something more energy efficient.  So we  set it up in the laundry room, leveled it perfectly and then  noticed how noisy it was. We let it go for a few years thinking we just need to stack the dryer on top. So we did that thinking it would stop  the constant noise and vibration. The extra weight of the dryer stopped the vibration but not the noise. It is so loud you can't even hear the television in the other room. I know washers can be loud but this particular model is way to loud.  Also if you don't run a load of whites with bleach or run the "Clean Washer with bleach only" cycle your washer will mold and stink like rotten eggs.

Although I have to say that this washer does clean clothes good and after the spin cycle your clothes aren't that wet at all. It makes it nice to put  clothes in the dryer and not spend lots of energy into drying them.

Hope this helps your research on buying a "quality" washer.

The Perfect Washing Machine!!! Duet sport

from Reno, NV

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

My husband purchased this for me when we moved into our new house.  I love the fact that it was at a decent price now that front loaders are more of the general style these days.  I like the sleekness of this washer as well as the cleaning power.  Overall it is the best one i have owned but i plan to get a bigger one in the next couple of years.  So the pros of this washing machine are that you only need to separate clothes in to darks and lights.  I have never had anything bleed color on to anything else.  I even have a friend that has the same duet sport and washes everything together and has never had a problem.  This is the biggest plus to having a front load washing machine.  The clothes do not sit in the dirty water the whole time they are being washed.  The next biggest pro is that it washes excellent. clothes come out very clean and you have lots of choices for cycles.  The  only cons for it is that the bowl is a bit smaller on this machine than most so loads have to be smaller.