3.9
Front Load Washers
Whirlpool
WFW8300SWH
Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer

This machine really makes you work for a clean load!

This is my first front load washing machine and I do have to say it is awful. It does wash the clothes but it sure takes quite some time for a simple quick wash. I have to constantly run and check on it during each cycle because it will give an error code. Not just one error code, depending on the type of items in the wash I can get a different error code. Which makes me waste time sitting in front of the washer watching to make sure it starts when I restart it. It is just too much hassle. But it will have to do until I can get something better.

false

Great washer

We bought this Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer about 4 years ago from Menards. They had a great sale going with the matching dryer. This has been a great washer for us over the years. We originally bought it because it is a high efficiency washer and would not use as much water as our old top loader. The savings in water is amazing! I have been pleased with the cleaning job that it has done. I am giving this a 9 out of 10 for a few reasons. First, the door opening is a little small. Makes it challenging putting clothes in, not that big of a deal but it would be nicer to have the opening larger. Second, I have noticed that when I only wash one item (like a sweatshirt or something like that) it comes out soaking wet and has not spun out the water at all. It's like the balance was off so the washer did not spin at all. Third, the rubber around the opening has a gap that small things like socks end up in there sometimes. So I always have to check in there to make sure nothing is in there. As will all front loaders you have to ALWAYS keep the door cracked open or else you will have a problem with mold and mildew. About a year ago we moved out to the country and have well water. So far I have not seen this affect the washer at all. It has been a great washer for us and has not needed any repairs. I highly recommend this.

New Haven, IN

true

Decent Front Load Washer for the price!

I recently bought the Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer to replace my grandmother's outdated and old fashioned Kenmore washer which she has had for as long as I can remember. I wanted to get a simple and easy to use front loading washing machine for her that wasn't loaded with too many functions that would confuse an elderly lady who's been accustomed to the old fashioned washing machine. The Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load washer was a great purchase for my grandmother. The washing machine functions as advertised and is a good front loading washing machine for the price. She uses the washing machine regularly without any problems. The washing machine has an updated look and design but isn't too intimidating as far as the settings. The washing machine also fits lots of loads which she was happy with as she likes to regularly wash blankets and towels. Overall, a good buy,

Guilford, CT

Washer with a Twist

The Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer WFW84001 proved to be worth the money that it costs. I found the washer to be wonderful at getting the laundry clean without too much effort. The washer required less detergent and did not make very much noise. In fact, the washer is so quiet that it can barely be heard.

Lawrenceville, GA

What a load!!!

Wow! That's the first word I said when I saw this washer! It was plain gorgeous, reminds me of my childhood in which my mother had an identical washer. At first I was hesitant seeing the price wasn't so friendly, but I gave in & I don't regret it one bit! An absolute work of magic, I love the high tech yet easy to use work of art. Able to manage the loads fairly easy & quick. Has a great tendency to get the loads done quick. Amazing thing that it rinses the clothes several times, so my "OCD" does go nuts on soapy clothes. I do not regret this purchase of the washer one but, a piece of luxury that everyone should own. I give it 5/5 stars for quality and performance. I have recommend this washer to so many of my friends and family & actually convinced my sister in-law to buy one. She calls me a week after buy it & cannot thank me enough she is practically in love with the washer & says she looks forward to do laundry. The washer is pure genius in which a clean freak -such as me- will need.

true

Works great and easy to use.

I love that it uses less and everything comes out clean. It also uses less soap. It is easier on the clothes they don't get beat up as much as a top load. The clothes are also drier when they come out and need less time in the dryer which is also a money saver. Energy Efficiency Uses less water

Saint Louis, MI

true

My amazing Mothers Day Gift .

I received a Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer for Mothers Day this year. I wasn't too sure this was what I wanted. I searched and read reviews for many months until I decided on this washer. Boy, I was even more surprised even after only my first wash. My whites are so brighter, my colors are not faded and it only takes half the time to finish a whole load. I am very happy with my Whirlpool Washer.

Milton, FL

true

Whirlpool front loading dryer.

This is a great drying unit. It's easy to get in and out of. The lint filter is in the front and easy to clean out. Has lots of drying options on the panel. All in all it is GREAT. Cleaning Time The times vary, but I find that keeping it on 100 minutes does the best job at drying. Performance Holds a large size lad. Design Nice look.

Whirlpool Duet Front load washing machines

Whirlpol products have been around for eions and have lived up to their reputation as manufacturing top of the line products. I have owned many whirlpools and would definately purchase another whirlpool product. Energy Efficiency I personally owned a laundromat in an area that has the highest water bill in the country lead only by Catalina. Front loading washers are very energy effecient. Regular top loading machines use anywhere up to 35 gallons of water per wash....doesn't take 1/3 that amount in a front loader. Cleaning Time My machine was energy star rated and was very cost effecient. The best part of front loading machines is your clothes never sit in dirty water like in conventional washingmachines. Performance Excellent, and I especially like the whites cycle with the deep clean and sanitize cycle. This would also be a plus in washing infant clothing and bedding. It would have also been great for our grandmother's when cloth diapers were in fashion! Ease of Use I found the owner's manual self explanatory and the buttons easy to operate. Th detergent draw is easily removed for periodic cleaning and the machine has its own clening cycle. Design Nice looking and especially if you purchase the base unit. These units are also very heavy. In manufacturing they install cement in the base so that they do not wobble across the floor when a load is unbalanced. Trust me this brand is very heavy but I have never had a load off balance either. Durability I will give it a good here because I did have to have it serviced once. But unlike other machines it diagnoses itself and gives you and error screen display. Be very careful not to add too much liquid detergent. These machines are very sensitive to these levels with all the built in electronics.

Maricopa, AZ

Great washer

I bought this along with a matching dryer from Craigslist and have had no problems. Many of these reviews focus on the mildew which only happens if you don't leave the door cracked a bit to let the moisture out between use. The machine does vibrate during the first part of the spin cycle but stops once it hits high. You have ensure the machine is level or it WILL dance. I found taking the feet off the bottom of the pedestal beneficial to make sure it does not move. All in all this is a solid machine and mine is still going strong after 6 years. Don't let all the negative reviews scare you away.

Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer