4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great front load washer

I purchesed this Whirlpool washer about a year ago and have been very pleased.  It was reasonably priced for a front loade washer, and it works very well.  My favorite feature is the whitest whites cycle.  My clothes come out brilliantly clean.

I have two complaints. With a front load washer there is no soak cycle, and I have a toddler and pre-schooler who get LOTS of stains on their clothes.  Some of the stains need soaking before they get washed, or the do not come out.  Also, if you want to add something to the load after the cycle has stated you can hit the cancel button to open the door, but then you have to start the cycle all over again.  I wish it would just pick up where it left off.

is good some of the time

i got this whirlpool washer a few months ago.  its a front loading.  i like that part very much  . but what i don't like about it , is the inside rubber ring tends to collect stuff and it stays wet there also.    also  when i first got it  it kept coding all the time . finally got that part repaired.   washes clothes nice

Decent Front Load Washer for the price!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I recently bought the Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer to replace my grandmother's outdated and old fashioned Kenmore washer which she has had for as long as I can remember. I wanted to get a simple and easy to use front loading washing machine for her that wasn't loaded with too many functions that would confuse an elderly lady who's been accustomed to the old fashioned washing machine. The Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load washer was a great purchase for my grandmother. The washing machine functions as advertised and is a good front loading washing machine for the price. She uses the washing machine regularly without any problems. The washing machine has an updated look and design but isn't too intimidating as far as the settings. The washing machine also fits lots of loads which she was happy with as she likes to regularly wash blankets and towels. Overall, a good buy,

Washer with a Twist

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

The Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer WFW84001 proved to be worth the money that it costs. I found the washer to be wonderful at getting the laundry clean without too much effort. The washer required less detergent and did not make very much noise. In fact, the washer is so quiet that it can barely be heard.

What a load!!!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

Wow! That's the first word I said when I saw this washer! It was plain gorgeous, reminds me of my childhood in which my mother had an identical washer. At first I was hesitant seeing the price wasn't so friendly, but I gave in & I don't regret it one bit! An absolute work of magic, I love the high tech yet easy to use work of art. Able to manage the loads fairly easy & quick. Has a great tendency to get the loads done quick. Amazing thing that it rinses the clothes several times, so my "OCD" does go nuts on soapy clothes. I do not regret this purchase of the washer one but, a piece of luxury that everyone should own. I give it 5/5 stars for quality and performance. I have recommend this washer to so many of my friends and family & actually convinced my sister in-law to buy one. She calls me a week after buy it & cannot thank me enough she is practically in love with the washer & says she looks forward to do laundry. The washer is pure genius in which a clean freak -such as me- will need.

• Cleaning Time:

Works great and easy to use.

from Saint Louis, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I love that it uses less and everything comes out clean. It also uses less soap. It is easier on the clothes they don't get beat up as much as a top load. The clothes are also drier when they come out and need less time in the dryer which is also a money saver.

Uses less water

• Cleaning Time:

My amazing Mothers Day Gift .

from Milton, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I received a Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer for Mothers Day this year. I wasn't too sure this was what I wanted. I searched and read reviews for many months until I decided on this washer. Boy, I was even more surprised even after only my first wash. My whites are so brighter, my colors are not faded and it only takes half the time to finish a whole load. I am very happy with my Whirlpool Washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Whirlpool front loading dryer.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

This is a great drying unit. It's easy to get in and out of. The lint filter is in the front and easy to clean out. Has lots of drying options on the panel. All in all it is GREAT.

Cleaning Time
The times vary, but I find that keeping it on 100 minutes does the best job at drying.

Holds a large size lad.

Nice look.

Whirlpool Duet Front load washing machines

from Maricopa, AZ

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

Whirlpol products have been around for eions and have lived up to their reputation as manufacturing top of the line products. I have owned many whirlpools and would definately purchase another whirlpool product.

Energy Efficiency
I personally owned a laundromat in an area that has the highest water bill in the country lead only by Catalina. Front loading washers are very energy effecient. Regular top loading machines use anywhere up to 35 gallons of water per wash....doesn't take 1/3 that amount in a front loader.

Cleaning Time
My machine was energy star rated and was very cost effecient. The best part of front loading machines is your clothes never sit in dirty water like in conventional washingmachines.

Excellent, and I especially like the whites cycle with the deep clean and sanitize cycle. This would also be a plus in washing infant clothing and bedding. It would have also been great for our grandmother's when cloth diapers were in fashion!

I found the owner's manual self explanatory and the buttons easy to operate. Th detergent draw is easily removed for periodic cleaning and the machine has its own clening cycle.

Nice looking and especially if you purchase the base unit. These units are also very heavy. In manufacturing they install cement in the base so that they do not wobble across the floor when a load is unbalanced. Trust me this brand is very heavy but I have never had a load off balance either.

I will give it a good here because I did have to have it serviced once. But unlike other machines it diagnoses itself and gives you and error screen display. Be very careful not to add too much liquid detergent. These machines are very sensitive to these levels with all the built in electronics.

Whirlpool Duet sport machine

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

I would definitely recommend this product as it does a great job of removing pet hair, deep stains and it washes dirty clothes (example my nephew's dirty soccer clothes well)

Energy Efficiency
This product cleans relatively well and does not place a heavy burden on the gas bill even when used in the day time during summer

Cleaning Time
I do not find the cleaning time to be that different from that of any other appliance of this type

Great performance. I love that it doesn't idle very loudly and fives my clothes a nice clean wash without having to use too much detergent

This unit is very easy to use and the markings are easy to understand making laundry a not so unpleasant experience

I think this model is very modern and sleek. I particularly like the color it fits in well in well with the overall decor of my home

This appliance functions well as a heavy duty unit and has been functioning efficiently since its purchase.

• Cleaning Time:

lookreallymoderndon't waste your money stay with your top

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

look really modern don't waste your money stay with your dependable top loader!

Energy Efficiency
uses less water than a top loader

about the same

clothes don't get as clean

no problems

builds mildew inside the seal if you don't leave the door open when not in use. then your clothes smell like it. There are tablets you can buy to combat this, but why would I do that? I put the pair in one of our rentals and bought a new set of top loaders. Problem solved.
(and I can charge more rent to the young couple who think front loaders are "new wave". Maybe I'll recoup the cost of the control panel)

had to replace the control panels in BOTH of them just as warranty had expired.

Not a good investment.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer:

These machines, while efficient for your water bill, are horrible at cleaning your clothes! If you have children, prepare to hand scrub before throwing their clothes into this machine. And hubby's work clothes? Forget it. ...I tried to sell mine after it was just a few months old....no one is buying them. The local appliance shops say they are hated and that everyone returns to trade them in on the old style.

Energy Efficiency
But what good is saving energy if your clothes are still dirty?

Cleaning Time
Again- a decent timed cycle doesn't matter if your clothes aren't clean. My old machine could CLEAN the clothes in half the time...so saving a little water for dirty clothes....stupid mistake.

Clothes aren't clean. Stains don't lift. Deo isn't washed out. These machines ONLY look good.

It is pretty easy to use and it makes a nice sound when you push the buttons. Bells and whistles for- dirty clothes.

I love the look of these machines and the cool drawers you can get to go under them.

Mine is going like it always has....