Other Dishwashers:
Whirlpool
Models:
WDT710PAYB, WDT710PAYW, WDT710PAYM
Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY

Summary

Whirlpool WDT710PAYB Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 15-Place Settings, 6 Wash Cycles, Sensor Cycle, 7 Options, Top Rack Wash, Adjustable Upper Rack and 55 dBA: Black

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY

Pros

• Attractive (8)
  • Cleans well (6)
  • Easy to load (6)
  • Quiet (5)
  • Simple controls (5)

Cons

• Large kitchen (5)
  • General purpose (3)
  • Small kitchens (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (4), Casual cook (3)

the best product

I just moved out of my small home and one thing I will miss is my Danby Portable Dishwasher. My kitchen is small and there really was not room for a full size dishwasher. I purchased the Danby because of the size of it. Since it is only 18 inches wide and fits perfectly in small spaces. It holds a lot of dishes and I was surprised at the roominess inside of the dishwasher. You can fit a lot in there. It is very well made and is very sturdy and a good dishwasher for the money. It has an automatic soap dispenser and has various wash settings that you can choose from. It does not use a lot of water on any of the
settings and really gets the dishes and the utensils spotlessly clean. I really like this dishwasher as it does just as good of a job as a full size washer yet uses less water and electricity and is energy friendly. It is not very noisy at all. It is easy to load and unload as well. If you are looking for a nicecompact dishwasher, look no further than this one.

This dishwasher originally caught my attention because of it's design and claims. I had some pretty high expectations for it, but unfortunately was slightly disappointed. I feel that if I didn't expect such great things from it, I might have been happy and content. First off, the pros. Not only does it look nice and clean, it's easy to load and unload. That is a must for me because I hate when dishwashers take two hours to load and unload, it's just such a time waster. This dishwasher also isn't overly complicated to the point where you just can't figure anything out. I just want a good dishwasher that as the name suggests, washes my dishes. I'm usually hesitant putting delicate items in dishwashers because I've had many precious items broken, and this dishwasher really wasn't too different. I put in a delicate plate and it literally fell apart when I touched it to take it out. Overall, this is a decent dishwasher, but don't expect anything special from it.

Cool Concept

Works well

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

As far as my overall thoughts about this dishwasher are concerned I feel like it works well and I cm honestly say that I don't have anything bad to say about it. It really just does its' job.

Noise Level
One big nice thing about this particular dishwasher is that it doesn't make a whole lot of notice which is big plus in my book because I cannot stand when I can hear something such as a dishwasher over my TV or radio because all it does is make me turn the volume up loader on whatever it is that I'm doing. Anyway, this dishwasher does not do that therefore, I am happy with it.

Cleaning Time
Another nice thing is it seems to clean all of the dishes pretty thoroughly and on the first time as well.

Loading Flexibility
I am in love with this dishwasher mainly because it has the ability to hold many dishes at a time, regurardless of the size of the dish.

Its great as far as performance goes because it gets the job done and has yet to break.

Whirlpool Dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

We just got this dishwasher a few months ago and so far I absolutely love it! It has a lot of settings so you can wash your dirtiest pots or just a small normal load. The racks move in and out very smoothly and hold quite a bit. It has a separate utensil rack that keeps all your forks, spoons, and knives from getting stuck in the normal racks. It runs very quiet, I was shocked at how quiet this one was. My dishes come out very clean and I do not pre-wash them.

Noise Level
Quietest dishwasher I have used. Our kitchen is right next to our living room and we can barely hear it when it's running.

Cleaning Time
It runs as long as most other dishwashers, approximately an hour for a normal load. I wish dishwashers did not run as long but it does clean well.

Loading Flexibility
Holds quite a large amount of dishes. I am able to even fit in my large cookie sheets and large mixing bowls into the bottom rack. The utensil holder holds a ton of utensils.

Gets my dishes very clean. All I do is a quick rinse and put them in and they always come out clean.

Very nice sleek design. Looks great in my kitchen.

I have two little ones that are always bumping into it and hitting it, looks brand new still! Very durable dishwasher!

Wonderful!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

I have to begin by saying that I am rough on dishwashers. I do wash pots and pans I them and, while I do rinse my dishes first, I do not do it as thoroughly as some might. However, this dishwasher has withstood all my overloading and under rinsing. It runs beautifully. Super quiet and my dishes (and pots and pans) come out clean every time. I actually can not believe how quiet it is compared to the dishwashers I have had in the past. And to top it off, it is a beautiful appliance.

Noise Level
It is super quiet. I was shocked by how quiet it is compared to other dishwashers I have had.

Cleaning Time
I typically turn it on at night and let it run while we sleep, so the wash time doesn't affect me much.

My dishes come out clean every time with minimal rinsing before hand.

It fits in beautifully with all my other stainless steel appliances.

So far so good! I have only been using this dishwasher for about a year so I hope that it continues to run as well as it is now.

Does the Job!

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

We purchased a Whirlpool Gold 24-in 55-Decibel Built-In Dishwasher model 710 after our old dishwasher broke. We knew we wanted a Whirlpool and looked at several other models.

The noise level of the 710 is stated to be at 55-Decibels and it is quiet; in fact, you hardly know the thing is running. We watch TV while it is on.

My wife loves the sensor cycle which automatically selects the right wash and dry settings for your load.

One great feature is Whirlpool has a top shelf wash only. That works out great, especially when company comes and we go through glasses more frequently.

The 710 is tall and has a bit more capacity than our old one. In fact, in the old dishwasher our plates had to be placed on a tilt. Not so with the 710; our dinner plates can stand fully upright.

If there is one thing I would change, if I could, It would be there is no indicator on the outside of the dishwasher to clearly let you know that a cycle is complete.
Overall we are very satisfied.

Noise Level
Only 55-Decibels, we watch TV while the dishes are washing!

Cleaning Time
There are a variety pf cycles from a 1-hour cycle to overnight cleaning.

Loading Flexibility
The 710 is made so the silverware basket can be put on the door or hang off the rack. The reason behind this is to save space.

Sleek And Elegant And Very Quiet

from Virginia

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

I didn't know how great it is to have a dishwasher! We purchased the WDT710PAYM Whirlpool dishwasher a few months ago and this dishwasher is amazing! I bought it because it has the Energy Star which means it uses half the water and energy and saves on money. This dishwasher has saved me time also. I can run the overnight cycle which soaks dishes with prewash and runs heavy wash cycle for those hard to clean dishes. My dishes come out looking amazingly clean, glasses don't have spots, and this dishwasher can hold a ton of dishes. The silverware basket can be placed in the door, front rack, or in the bottom rack. I am able to raise or lower the top rack to wash the dishes that are big or odd shape. This dishwasher is very quiet! You can barely tell it's running when in use. I'm so glad we finally purchased a dishwasher and I'm pleased with my USA made Whirlpool dishwasher.

Very quiet when in use.

Loading Flexibility
Can move racks around to fit as much as you can.

Cleans better than if I did it by hand!!

Makes my kitchen look modern, very elegant and sleek looking.

USA made means quality built!

Love it!!

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

I bought this Whirlpool dishwasher after my last one did not last more than a few years. I wanted a dishwasher that was stainless steel to match my other appliances in my remodeled kitchen. My husband got a great deal on this one even though we did not have time to shop around. The installation of the Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher was easier than expected. This dishwasher is amazing. There is so much room inside with different options on the racks for different placement. The silverware holder can be put in the door to allow for extra room on the bottom rack or it can be on the bottom rack instead. The Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher is quiet unlike others I have had before. There is a slight hum when it is going but otherwise you would not hear it. There are a ton of options that you can use to wash or dry. You can even wash only the dishes on the top rack if you want to. The Whirlpool Gold series Dishwasher has a setting called the Sensor Cycle that picks the best options for the load that you have put in to wash. The feature has never failed me and has always cleaned my dishes amazingly well. I would recommend this dishwasher to anyone looking for a great dishwasher.

Fantastic Dishwasher!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

We purchased this dishwasher new a few years back. I was really hoping it would be great since we've gone through a few dishwashers and I have been disappointed in all of the others. I was not only not disappointed, but totally impressed!
Now, I do prewash my dishes so I can't say how well it would work if you just tossed in pots, pans and dishes straight from the stove or the table. However, this dishwasher has worked beautifully for me. I have no complaints about it at all.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is so quiet that there are times I put my ear right up to it just to make sure it turned on after I closed it! This is definitely not anything like the dishwashers I grew up with! It's practically silent!

Cleaning Time
I believe that it works very quickly and efficiently.

This dishwasher cleans and sanitizes my dishes very well. I love how well it cleans all the parts of my daughter's toddler cups.

This design is sleek and beautiful!

Came with the house

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

I recently purchased a new home that had been custom-built by someone else who then backed out of the purchase at the last minute. The Whirlpool WDT710PAYB Dishwasher is the dishwasher that came with the house. I have to say that I am not very impressed with it at all.

Noise Level
The Whirlpool WDT710PAYB Dishwasher is fairly quiet, although it is not silent. The noise that comes is mostly from the running water as opposed to the actual dishwasher itself.

Cleaning Time
The Whirlpool WDT710PAYB Dishwasher takes an inordinately long time to complete the cleaning cycle. This is frustrating when you have a large dinner that used more dishes than what will fit in the dishwasher. This means you have to stay up late and wait for it to finish, empty the dishwasher, and then reload. Or you have to hand wash the leftover dishes, or even just rinse them off and leave them overnight. None of these options is very desirable.

Loading Flexibility
The Whirlpool WDT710PAYB Dishwasher has funny spacing on the bottom rack which makes it so that I can only load my plates in every other slot - they do not fit in every slot because they are too close to each other.

• Loading Flexibility:

Will never, ever buy Whirlpool again

from Arkansas

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

We purchased this dishwasher last April. Luckily we purchased a warranty. We have had four people come to the house to "fix" our dishwasher. The first was within weeks of buying it. He said nothing was wrong. The next came a few weeks later. He "fixed" it, wrote in the system what he had done but basically told me nothing was wrong with it. In reality, the cap to the machines' motor which slipped off. He should have known that they don't "slip off" unless soemthing is wrong. It broke again during Thanksgiving. Pretty fun doing Thanksgiving dishes with no dishwasher. We waited a week to get someone here. He said nothing was wrong. He leaves and the dishwasher doesn't work. SUPER fun doing Christmas for TWO families in a house with no dishwasher. Finally, a fourth guy comes and looks at past visits in the computer and sees that there is a past visit saying that the cap to the motor had jimmied off. He's down on his belly looking and sees that this happens as our dishwasher starts heating up. He immediately orders parts to be sent, and makes a date for January 13. Today is January 28. We still have no dishwasher in use. The parts are back ordered. Whirlpool only has "sorry" to say. All they've given us for our grievances is 3 months more warranty. Cause our warranty has helped so much!!!! We should have another free year AND a new dishwasher. It has been since before Thanksgiving since I have used the dishwasher. I am a stay at home mom of boys that eat all day!!!! Dishes are my full time job now and the house is being neglected. So done with Whirlpool. Not in a line to buy Whirlpool any time soon.

• Loading Flexibility:

Best Dishwasher We've Ever Owned!

Comments about Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAY:

We upgraded to this model when we built a new home. While it's not a 'high end' one you would put into a custom home it's as close as you can come without breaking the bank.

Noise Level
Our home is of extremely open design with our kitchen straight across the back wall of the family room area. We can watch TV at a very comfortable level when this diswasher is in use. We never have to turn up the volume. This is the best feature of all.

Cleaning Time
There are many options to pick from so you can do shorter or longer cycles. We use the 'normal' cycle most of the time and have never felt it takes too long. Occasionally we use the 'heavy' cycle and it doesn't take long to get the job done, either.

Loading Flexibility
I gave this a 9 because it would be a little more flexible if some of the upper and lower rack tines chould be folded down.

I always advise people to bring a representative group of their dishes to the store when picking a dishwasher. Because of that, I knew what we were getting into but I was willing to trade that flexibility for all the positive features I was looking for.

Always gets the dishes sparkling clean!

Sleek and beautiful. I love that the control panel is on top of the door. It's much easier to clean and there's nothing to break off.

I expect to get many years of service out of this dishwasher. Whirlpool is a trust brand in our household.