2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Best ever washer -- but different from old front loaders.

I dearly love my Whirlpool Cabrio washer. I have had it for almost a year and a half. It's the best washer I've ever used, and worth every penny.

But...Read complete review

But then, perhaps I didn't have the same expectations that other buyers had. This isn't my first top-loading High Efficiency washer... in fact, it replaced a Fisher & Paykel. What I learned from my F & P is that you have to treat these machines differently if you want to get the best results:

First, pay attention to balancing the load. The machine has to be perfectly level, and the clothing has to be equally distributed in the barrel. These washers spin at absolutely incredible speeds without a central spool, so the distribution of the load is very important.

Second, it really does matter what settings you use. Choose the settings that describe the laundry you're washing, and try not to mix types of laundry. Towels, for instance, do best when washed with other towels.

Third, you really have to use HE detergent, and you have to use it very sparingly.

Last, take the time to untangle and shake out your damp items before throwing them into the dryer. The high spin speeds can make some pretty interesting shapes out of your clothes (especially long pants and long-sleeved shirts); shaking them out will help them dry more evenly and will really cut down on washer-related wrinkles. If you really hate the way this washer wrings out your clothes, you can change the speed of the spin cycles -- but it's that high-speed spin that drains so much moisture out of your clothes and saves you dryer time as a result.

If you're willing to take the extra steps above, the Cabrio can save a lot of energy and a lot of money over the course of its useful life.

It cleans well, but its a hassle

The cabrio gets the clothes cleaner than any of the other washers I've had.  We farm, and with hard water (use water softner also) its been difficult keeping clothes looking like they are clean.

However, in forty plus years of doing laundry, I have never had a washing machine go out of balance, until this one.  At least thirty percent of the loads are unbalanced.   I've tried loading differently, I have a level in the basement to make sure the machine is level (always is), and I've tried different size loads, all to no avail.

With all the electronics, you have to wait for the machine to go through a "rebalancing cycle" before it will finish the load, even after you have reshifted the load, making the long cycle time even longer.

Biggest piece of crap

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This washer does NOT fill the tub with enough water to agitate dirt out of the clothes. After the 60 minute cycle completes, the clothes are still dirty.

Energy Efficiency
A 60 minute cycle is much longer than standard washers. Although it touts itself as using less water, it uses way more electricity.

Clothes don't get clean.

Would rate this as a minus because of comments above.

Based on my entire dissatisfaction with this unit this doesn't really matter. What I really don't like is the top being locked down so you cannot add anything during the cycle. To try to open the top during wash cycle, the machine completely drains.

Overall design is terrible.

Too many issues keep popping up with this unit.

• Cleaning Time:

Will not get hot water wash

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This machine will not give you a hot water wash unless you get immediate hot water to you washer. It will run hot water for a few seconds and then it alternates with cold water. So essentially you will never have anything other than a cold water wash. All you can do is switch your hot water line into the washer's cold connector and fool the machine. If you have one you need to pay attention- it never runs hot water only. Will only alternate with hot and cold. A huge disappointment this washer is. It is efficient b/c u use nothing but cold water. And yes I have had people come and check every possible scenario- it is the mechanics of the machine.

Do NOT buy this!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I have used the Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer in the past and this one is definitely among my worst washer list. The biggest problem with this washer that I faced was that it shook/vibrated so much even with just a load of socks! It used to make a lot of loud noises and "squeaked" as well.

This washer often left soap residue on my clothes, I tried extra rinse, special detergents, and still couldn't get it to stop leaving soap residue on clothes, especially dark ones. Also, this washer used to leak oil and rust on the floor, I had big trouble cleaning the floor up every time I did my laundry. Not something you want to do after a hard day's of work. I also had to deal with a circuit board failure and a bearing failure during the time that I used this washer. This washer made my laundry life hell, to say the least. I WOULD NOT BUY THIS MACHINE AGAIN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.

Very, Very Poor Quality

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

The board went out , then the tub supports, the door lock went out next, and now its making a loud noise when on the spin cycle. Sounds like some sort of bearing going out.

Seems OK.

Cleaning Time
Lots of options on the cleaning time.

Very poor craftsmanship. I WOULD NOT recommend a purchasing Whirlpool Product . I thought this was a high end product. Whirlpool, you do not have a quality product any more. Maybe the government will bail you out when you go under.

• Cleaning Time:

The most expensive piece of junk I own

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Works great for the first year, then as the warranty expires all heck breaks loose. Had to have the motherboard replaced twice due to F51 codes. Now it throws a UL code during EVERY wash load and I'm finding clothing with areas that are still completely dry after a full washing cycle. I have had my repairman (a Whirlpool certified repairman) out here twice on this issue. I jumps so violently during the spin cycle I am sure it is damaging my house let alone shaking itself apart. I passionately hate this washing machine! It cost way too much money to cause this much headache. I wish I had my old school Kenmore back... I had it for fifteen years, the reason I bought new machines was because we updated our laundry room. The Kenmore still worked perfectly when I bought the cabrio 5 years ago. I have started looking at craig's list for that old school Kenmore washer without computers...One that was built to last a lifetime. Whirlpool use to be a reputable name in washing machines, not anymore.

Energy Efficiency
Whose energy is being saved??? I have to run to the stupid thing 3 times a load to even out the clothing... The repair men have to come out so often we are on a first name basis... The cycles have to be restarted over and over to the point it takes half a day to get a load of laundry done. So we are not saving any energy here at all, not in electric costs, not in fuel costs for the repairmen, not in my personal physical energy...

Cleaning Time
Even at the beginning when the machine worked well the cycles took much longer than the old school washing machines. Now that it is acting up the cycles take hours because it throws UL codes. (The repairman is coming out this week for the third visit on this issue)

It never was good at heavily soiled items, but now I am finding clothing that is still dry after a whole cycle!

The machine needs to be babysat through the whole cycle because it will throws UL codes, I can't start a load if I'm going to bed or leaving. Very inconvenient, the repairmen have been out twice for this issue and will be out again this week.

Well it sure looks pretty.... but so does lipstick on a pig.

Five years and it is ready for the trash heap, it is the most expensive piece of junk I have ever purchased.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Does not add enough water! I have to add the clothes and then add water to the top of clothes to make heavier so there will be enough water to get all the clothes wet, not good for soiled or stained clothes if you dont add extra water If you open it up when it's washing you will notice there be several items not even wet does not matter what size load you put in.

Not enough water to clean clothes! Bedding gets tangled up.

IT SUCKS!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

It doesn't even make it through a complete cycle. It demolished my quilts and bedspreads the first time I ever washed them, and yes, it was on gentle cycle. We have had it 6 to 8 months and has never worked right.

Energy Efficiency
It is not at all energy efficient. It is def energy defefficient!

Cleaning Time
ALL DAY, AND STILL WON'T CYCLE THROUGH!

THIS MACHINE COMPLETELY FAILS TO PERFORM ON ALL LEVELS.

TERRIBLE!

WHAT DESIGN? ITS A TUB.

IT DOESN'T CYCLE CLOTHES TO TELL IF IT IS DURABLE OR NOT!

Utter disdain

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I have always had some sort of personal vendetta against Whirlpool washing/drying products. They just always seem to break on me. Going against my instincts, I decided to try out this washer as it was convenient and simply suitable for my uncomplicated needs. After about 7 months, the washer started making a clunk noise and wouldn't wash my clothes. At times, it would still leave stains and I just couldn't put up with it. I tossed this baby out faster than a chef's salad.

• Cleaning Time:

STAY AWAY!!!! this washer stinks.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This is the worst washer i have ever seen in my life, every aspect of it is garbage, takes forever to wash clothes, can not fit much in a load. the only positive is it is stackable...whoop-d-doo!!! i would rather buy a wash board and hand wash all of my clothes.

High-quality machine.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I have found this washing machine to perform a lot better than the washing machines i've owned in the past. I love all the nifty settings on there for whites, colors, darks, sheets, you name it! I also think it's pretty cool that you can adjust the volume of the ringer that goes off when it's done washing a load--my washing machine is downstairs and probably wouldn't be able to hear it from upstairs without that! This machine is overall very good performance-wise and I would most likely buy it again.