3.3

Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer

3.3

Bad design for Cabrio washer wtw6400sw3

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washer in 2008. About 1.5 years later, the entire outer basket (that's the part that holds the water and where the motor and pumps are attached) had to be replaced because of the bearing on the spindle. In mid 2014 the outer basket has to be replaced again due to the wear on the spindle. If a load is even marginally unbalanced, the machine bucks like a wild horse, makes an awful racket, shuts down and then restarts. It definitely did NOT behave like that brand new. I have a difficult time believing these types of washers are worth it due to the high force due to imbalance. Not only is the basket design bad but so is the backflush filter poorly designed. After only a couple of years, you start to notice a ripe smell that's caused by rotting brackish solids in the backflush filter that cannot be removed unless you entirely remove the inner basket. And only then can you get most of the muck out without either removing the outer basket or turning the unit upside down.

Energy Efficiency
It probably is not very efficient due to the extra work that has to be exerted due to its poor design. I would guess that brand new it is fairly efficient. But not in the long run if you can call 6 years long. And I don't call it long.

Cleaning Time
The extra time for handling even slightly unbalanced loads (which it was supposed to handle much more gracefully) makes it not useful.

When it fully spins, it does get water out. If the unit stays clean then it doesn't produce smelly clothes. But the brackish water problem makes it a real stinker.

When it works, a child can use it. But that's becoming more and more rare.

The outer design (how it looks) is irrelevant. How you get the thing working is fairly relevant and for that it does a pretty good job since the default selections are ok. But the most relevant part of the design is longevity and in that domain, the product is unsatisfactory.

For as much money as I paid for it, it is not durable at all. I've had extremely simple washers that have lasted more than 15 years.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

I never thought I'd find one that I did not like.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This washer sucked for me.

Energy Efficiency
I think it was alright, I never paid that any attention.

Cleaning Time
The time would be alright if it didn't get off level so much.

There were many times before it went out I would have to check the loads to make sure they even finished.

Once I got it all figured out, it was no problem.

It fit in the space designed for it and it is not that heavy for me to slide around on the floor.

It went out right after the warranty.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Washing machine is great!

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This washing machine has great amount of space.  It is very water-saver friendly.  It definitely gets out clothes clean; we do prefer a well rinsed load, so we us the 'extra rinse' cycle, but still does not use an excessive amount of water.  Even the spin cycle does very well, and I've used many washers that the clothes are still 'wet' at the end of the cycle.

Whirlpool WTW6400SW Automatic Washer

from Fremont, IA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Very good automatic top load washer that saves water and energy.  Many automatic features as works very well.  Uses he soap.  Has a stainless steel tub and my wife loves it.  What more could a man want that a satisfied wife