3.8

3.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Heavy duty user (3)

Huge Capacity

I receintly had a front loader die on me that, thankfully, we extended the warrenty for.  As a result, we got to pick out another washer.  There was one that was an even trade that we liked, but when I saw the capacity of the Whirlpool Cabrio top-loading washer, I just HAD to have that one.  Besides, it was only a few bucks over the trade-in, so why not upgrade?

When I selected this one, I was adamant for a top-loader.  We had a front loader and heard nothing but bad about front loaders.  It is logical if you think about it.  Think of the CD players many years ago that played sideways.  They stopped making them because they were fighting gravity as they spun, so they broke down alot.  So I was very excited to find an HE washer in top loading.

Let me just tell you that I can fit the equivalent of 2 loads in this.  It automatically senses how much laundry you have in there and adds water accordingly.  It has a setting for fabric softener and I am able to wash hand-washables on the delicate cycle with no problem.  There is no spindle to work around in the center, but rather a 'bump' that agitates the clothes.  Everything gets wet. Everything gets clean.  And it is QUIET!   No annoying 'banging.'

We did get the extended warrenty on this one as well, which is what I would recommend to you.  You put out alot of money for these things, so you need to protect your investment.

If you are looking for an HE washer, I would strongly recommend you look into this one.  Do your research and see if it is right for you and your family.

worst washer ever

I have had my Whirlpool Cabrio for two years. A year ago I would have given it great reviews. Now I'd like to throw it out the door! It gives me an "F51" code about every three wash loads, which means I have to start all over and use more detergent and water. It almost never spins without getting unbalanced two or three times and I often just give up and dry a load that is still pretty wet. My good old whirlpool dryer (about 5 years old) just dries the wet clothes anyway. A washer should last longer than 2 years, even if I do 10-12 large loads a week.

Effective and efficient, negative reviews don't get it

from Upstate NY

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

• Bedding
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

The negative reviewers of this product don't understand that the mechanism of cleaning IS the spin cycle. The water that is added to the drum isn't intended to submerge your laundry, it just adds the soapy solution. Then the spin cycles force the soap through the clothing, then the clean water through to rinse. My laundry is just as clean as it was from my front loader. It's much quieter, stays in balance always, and spins things very dry, even jeans and towels. 8 months and I'm still happy with my purchase.

Save your money

from Oregon

About Me Frequent User

Pros

Cons

• Can't override computerized settings
      • Clothes get twisted up
      • Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Have to wash whites and towels twice
      • Long Cycle

• NONE

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

We are so very sorry to have wasted our hard-earned money on this useless Cabrio top-load washer (model #WTW7000DW)!!! Clothes do not get clean, they get twisted up, and the water & soap can't circulate properly to clean the clothes - especially sheets and towels!!! To get a load of whites clean, we use the recommended detergent, Borax laundry booster, and clorax - then we presoak the load, wash in highest hot water, in "Deep water" (hahaha!) - that takes 1 hr 23 minutes. THEN we follow-up with another washing of same load, hot water etc, but no soap, just white vinegar. Another 1 hr 23 minutes. FINALLY the whites are clean. Jeans and socks also get washed twice. So much for "EFFICIENCY" as Whirlpool calls it :( Home Depot won't take it back. I called a local resale appliance store -- they also hate these washers - won't stock them in their inventory. The owner said they scrap the Cabrio top-loader if someone just needs them to haul the Cabrio out of their home. Whirlpool needs to stop making these worthless washers.

I love this washer, efficient as well as quiet.

from Albuquerque, New Mexico

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet
      • Spins Clothes Dry

• Delicates
        • Everyday Clothes

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I love this washer have never had a a high efficiency washer, it saves on soap, it is so quiet and the settings are versatile, can customized to almost any kind of load. I love the way the clothes are almost dry when they come out, saves on the dryer. I am pleased with my purchase. One setback I sometimes miss dry soap as opposed to the liquid. But I like the machine alot.

Piece of Junk!

from Houma, Louisiana

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
          • ineffective piece of junk
          • Long Cycle
          • Noisy
          • Shakes/Moves
          • useless

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Bought this machine because of its capacity. However, with no agitator, it is impossible to clean anything. All items float to the top because there is no agitation. I finally unscrewed the magnetic piece that locks the lid so I could see what was happening. What a joke! There is never enuf water to cover the clothes. It's no wonder that my clothes end up in a knotted heap when done. Some items came out dry! The dispensed water is so little that clothes can go through a whole cycle and come out dry! I finally ran a garden hose from a connection from the water line so I can add water so my clothes get clean. Bottom line is that I can never leave the washer on its own to clean. I have to baby-sit the machine during a cycle. The engineers who invented this water-saving piece of c*** should be flogged! I would give it less than one star if I could.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

from Hop Bottom, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Excellent machine that is quiet, cleans clothes great and many different settings for different laundry load sizes and types of clothes.

Energy Efficiency
            Have cut down our energy consumption since owning not only with the electric but also with the water consumption.

Cleaning Time
            Cleans clothes in shorter time.

Performs excellent in cleaning clothes, using less energy and water.

Very easy to use as it is a HE model and do not have to deal with a agitator that gets in the way of putting clothes in or taking clothes out as with a agitator it gets the clothes caught in it.

The model I have is all electronic buttons and is also easy to use.

I have only owned this for less than one month, but it does appear to be very durable.

• Cleaning Time:

Glad I upgraded to this washer!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I purchased this Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load washer about 4 months ago after my previous washer rusted out. I have been VERY pleased with this washing machine so far! It is very "fancy" for me as I was accustomed to a simple knob washing machine with just the basic features. There are many features I love about this washer:

1) I love the many settings - it's not just whites/darks anymore! There are many settings available from bulky items, delicate, and so on! From there you can select the water temperature, "soil" level, spin level and more! I love that you can do this all with the touch of a button!

2) The timer! I love that it displays a digital timer that shows the remaining time on the load! I know that sounds silly, but it's nice to know how much longer your items will be in the washer! Plus it plays a cute little jingle when it's done (and when you turn it on) - I know, I know - it's the little things!

3) There is no "arm" in the wash tub. I LOVE that! I feel that because there is no arm in the middle of the wash tub, my clothes are washed more gently! I used to have issues with small holes in my clothes and such, but I haven't had any problems since we've been using the new washer.

4) The energy/water efficiency! I REALLY like that I'm not wasting water - it only uses what it needs to wash the clothes! And also, it spins so quickly and gets so much water out that I've found that my clothes don't take as long to dry!

There is only ONE negative I have about this washer, but it's nothing wrong with the washer itself as I've read this is quite common in these types of washers. Just recently I noticed a HORRIBLE smell...and after researching it, it could have possibly been from old water not draining properly or just sitting in the drain. So, I ran some vinegar through the fabric softener compartment during one of my loads and it did the trick! It took the smell away and also made my clothes softer! I also keep the lid open when I am not using it. Since then, I haven't had any problem! I know there is a cleaner that you can buy to run through, but this was a much cheaper alternative!

Overall, I would highly recommend this washer. Whirlpool is a great brand and I feel confident that we will get many years out of this washer!

• Cleaning Time:

I love this upscale washing machine

from Texas

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I highly recommend this machine. Not only does it give your laundry room a new modern look it delivers a better cleaning performance than any machine that I have had.

Energy Efficiency
            It is reported to be a energy savings product. What I like is the automatic load sensor that adapts to the size of your load and then uses the right amount of water for that load which conserves water.

Cleaning Time
            I am only interested in cleaning results and this machine is incredible. It doesn't seem to take nearly as long to complete a cycle as my old machine.

I noted that the wash cycle seems a lot more gentle but does a better job of cleaning. Colors in the clothes remain bright. We have even notices that the clothes smell different. It does have eleven different combination of washing clothes. Whites are whiter and the colors seem more vibrant and alive.

This machine will do the work. Add the soap, bleach, fabric softener or any other additives and it adds them at the right time. It is so quiet that I no longer have to close the utility room door when doing the laundry.

I really like the design of the machine. It looks so new and modern and comes in colors other than white or stainless.

This machine not only looks great but it is solid, and even the hinges, knobs are made to last. Great machine.

• Cleaning Time:

Good washer, but you have to be careful!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I've had this washer for about a year and a half now and so far, things have been fine. We do about one large load of laundry a week, occasionally two, and the washer still works like the first day we got it. I like how quiet the washer is. It makes this very faint sort of whipping sound, but it is not too loud or intrusive at all. In fact, our linen closet is right next to the family room and we frequently watch TV or play video games while running the washer without any noise interference. The washer does it's job well. Our clothes and linens always come out smelling fresh and clean. With the proper detergent, it's gotten even some of the toughest stains out (wine, spaghetti sauce, even oil!).

The one thing I do not like about this washer is that you have to be really careful in balancing the load every time you wash. All of your laundry has to be evenly distributed within the washer or else one side become too heavy and it starts to jerk too much to one side during the spin cycle, resulting in a horrible screeching noise. To me, this is a huge design flaw as someone in my family seems to always forget to balance the load in the machine. Our old washer never had this problem and I really wish Whirlpool would do something about it.

Energy Efficiency
            Our energy bill is about the same it's always been!

I really do not like having to remember to balance the load.

not impressed

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This washer does not use enough water. I find white residue or lint on my dark clothing when removing them from the washer and the clothes are not as clean as they should be. We've had it a couple of years and now it knocks and makes noise, I thought it was that it might be to full, but it does it no matter the size the load is, the drum springs or something are not holding it up like it should. It's been repaired once already. Because it is supposed to save water, there is no way to get enough water in the drum to really clean the clothes. I put a load of towels in and used the deep soak setting, but that barely covered the towels! You cannot adjust the water amount, it's automatic. That's a real problem for bulky or extra dirty loads. Forget about trying to wash a bedspread or comforter, even full sized or twin! I usually have to use the extra rinse and deep clean mode on this machine. I've never used ecomode. Can't imagine what that would do. I'd recommend you look at another machine

Don't walk, RUN away from Whirlpool washers

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

We had an agitator washer for a long time. The Dog Agits wore out and I replaced them so it worked ok. However my wife wanted a new one. We did some research and bought a WTW7300X about 2 1/2 years ago. BIG mistake. It's been SO frustrating that if there was such a thing as a time machine, we'd use it to go back in time and buy something else. Two weeks after we got it, the computer board failed. The first tech blamed it on the water feed hoses being clogged. He had NO clue what was wrong and left. Second tech replaced the computer board which solved the problem. We've had CONTINUAL "unbalanced load" issues so we can't run it at night because you never know if it's going to complete a cycle. I estimate 30% of the time we get a "UL" regardless of how it's loaded or what's in it. 30 days short of two years the tub bearing failed. Fortunately we'd bought it with a CC that extended the warranty for a year so the repair was ok'd by the warranty company. The repair tech said that bearing failure was a common problem but was supposed to have been fixed. Guess not. Shortly after that when we lifted the lid there was a loud "clunking" noise near the lid hinge. I determined that the lid spring assembly had come loose and had to retighten it on both sides. When I opened it up to fix the springs, the underside of the top was filled with rust. Water splashes up under the top and stays there, eventually rusting the top. Now clothes are coming out with dark stains on them. It looks like oil and I suspect that the bearing is failing again. And it's also torn some of our son's clothes. So PLEASE save yourselves a LOT of pain and frustration. Don't buy a Cabrio. April 10, 2014 Update. Last night there was rusty water on the floor under the washer. The problem I mentioned about water splashing up under the top apparently happens continuously. You just don’t notice it until enough water runs down the inside of the washer over time and then overflows from the frame at the bottom. Now the top left side is rusted almost all the way from front to back. The paint’s bubbling and all the hose clamps are rusty. What a piece of crap.