3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

very good product, al the way arond

After purchasing the washer and dryer set,,, I laughed,, as the manuals where well kinda on the large size,,,   After going through them,, it took me a bit to get used to the amount of clothes you could put into the washer,,, as it takes more than the regular top loaders,,,   After gettitting my first water bill and electric bill,, I was sold,,, as they jsut clean the clothers beatifully,,, and in a nut shell saved me noticable money on each bill,,,   and then I really laughed,,,a s they suggested to purchaase  he cleaning tapblets for the washer,,, I have never had this option before,,, and have reasearched on line,, whether this is just a gimmick or a needed feature,,, not sure i know exactly yet,,, and have been running a hot cycle with baking soda,,, as in my terms,,, baking soda is better than sliced bread,,,   Hope this helps,,, if anyone has more information on the cleaning cycle idea,,, I would love to here it !!!!

Not impressed, frustrated

I purchased this washer with high expectation but was very disappointed! I love the concept...high efficency, large loads, etc. I must say that I do like the fact that I can wash very large loads. In fact, my family of 5 can usually get by with about 4 loads every 10 days.  It is made to fit a large amount of clothes so I can definitely see how it is considered high efficent.  Also, most of the clothes do come out clean but I wouldn't say it was any better than the machine I had before.  Here is my biggest complaint: the clothes often come out in a huge tangled mess! Sometimes the jeans are so twisted that no amount of drying could remove the wrinkles.  Unfortunately this adds another step to my laundry detail. I am now ironing a ton of clothes because I don't want my family walking around looking completely wrinkled.  So this aspect has been very frustrating for us and it is definitely something for you to consider before purchasing.

Effective

from Edina, MN

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

The Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer is a great washing machine. Whirlpool has an extensive line of wonderful products with great durability and their washers are no exception to this rule. This washer has a great load capacity and settings that are using for all kinds of washes you may do. You can fit in a blanket for washing or do small washes of delicates. It cleans clothes efficiently yet is soft on them and does not damage them. It has all the normal settings you need for water level, temperature, and different selections of washes, pretty much all you need. It is a great everyday washer especially for families with children, such as mine. I like that you can put a quick wash through or do a more thorough one for extra dirty or soiled items.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time is average and depends on what type of wash you are putting through.

Leaves clothing and other items clean and fresh.

Simple to use and teach to older children or teens.

Complete waste of money

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Our clothes come out with soap scum on them and this is bad cause we wear dark clothing for work. We use Tide HE pods. Service centre said it was our fault. They sent out a local tech and he said to use the 2 rinse with fabric softener setting even though we dont use softener. Still no difference. Every time we call the service centre they put the blame on the tech. The tech always wants a new order from whirlpool before he comes out. He now states to use a liquid soap as pods dont really work. Well the clothes came out worse. He states he cant adjust anything. He stated if it cant be fixed I have to go back to where we bought them. The store says to contact whirlpool. Im tired of the runaround and perhaps ill use it for a tree planter, As the soap scum and dirt will make the tree grow.

• Cleaning Time:

Great if your on a budget.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I really like the way this washer get the clothes clean. Great for conserving detergent when you are on a tight budget. I have four children, which three are boys so I wash clothes daily. I do at least 4 loads a day.

Energy Efficiency
Since I have to wash clothes everyday I use a lot of energy. I have seen a five percent reduction in my electric bill.

Cleaning Time
I like that you can change the settings on the washer, but I would like a little more verity.

It working so quietly, I barely notice the washer going.

With four children it is hard to wash clothes everyday without help. I have taught my three boys how to wash clothes. And it took me all of five minutes to show each of them what to do.

I love the fact that its design blends in so well with the function of the room.

I inside has to be cleaned daily. I have to clean the rim of the washer daily. It is not easy due to the way the top of the washer and the rim is designed.

Love it!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I am so happy that I convinced my husband to purchase this washer! It has been an absolutely wonderful product. It saves time and energy. I am able to do my laundry in just a couple of loads. All loads take about an hour but because of the size of this washer you are able to wash fewer loads making doing laundry a breeze. Also, it has a convenient beep which lets me know when I can switch my laundry over to the dryer (and more importantly quit leaving my laundry in the washer to mold). It is able to hold a queen sized comforter with ease so I would imagine that it could also be able to hold a king as well. If you are in the market for a new washer Cabrio is the way to go!

My first washer!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I lived in an apartment for years so I was pretty excited when I finally bought a house and purchased a washer of my own. After reading a lot of reviews and finding the best price I selected this one. I didn't have enough room in my laundry room for front load so top load was my only choice.
The first one was damaged, but that was the store's fault, and was replaced. I love that this one isn't old school, nothing in the middle. It is easy for big loads, such as over sized blankets. It has all of the options you can imagine, different cycles and water tempatures. I like that it's digital so you kow how many minutes each cycle will take.

Energy Efficiency
This is high efficacy, uses little soap and less water then the old ones.

Cleaning Time
Some cycles are long, but you have the choice to pick shorter cycles.

My clothes are always clean and pretty dry.

The buttons are easy to use, self explanatory.

Looks good, you will need to clean it often, both the cleaning cycle and with a rag around the top.

I have had this washer for 2 years and it stands up, just needs cleaned frequently.

• Cleaning Time:

It is the most fabulous washer ever!!!

from Rice Lake, WI

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I absolutely love my Whirlpool cabrio washer! It cleans my clothing very well, and in record time! I love the settings including a hand wash cycle so that I don't need to wash clothes by hand anymore! FABULOUS!!!

terrible smell - musty -- bleach, AFFresh - nothing helps

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

terrible musty odor -- tried all suggestions - bleach - Affresh (tide version) nothing helps--got to ditch it and it isonly 3 years old
-- the odor is horrible and now the clothes are coming out smelling musty -- piece of crap;

• Cleaning Time:

worst appliance I have ever owned by far.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

does not get clothes clean. mangles clothes. water does not reach some items of clothing at all. had for 4 months, couldn't stand it anymore,bought speed queen instead. called customer service, was told "this is normal". Normal for washing machine not to clean clothes?

Energy Efficiency
energy efficiency is useless if you have to wash same load a number of times.

what can I say?

horrible

slanted top does not allow anything to be placed on top......bad for folding

did not keep long enough to find out

Don't buy It.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I do not recommend this machine to anyone.

After purchasing this machine from Percy's I had it only 4 months before I had a problem.Then it took them 3 weeks to fix the machine,even though I told them I had handicap people living with me and needed the machine it didn't matter to them I had to wait.I even asked if I could return it and they said NO.This machine is terrible even though the sales lady at percy's highly recommended it. It goes off balance all the time and there's no signal to tell you so you go an hour or so later to put the clothes in the drier and they are soaked.Not only that sometimes the clothes have dry spots on them so they can't be getting thoroughly cleaned.I spent alot of money on this machine I feel like I got ripped off. And I'll never purchase anything from Percy's again either.

• Cleaning Time:

Love this washing machine!

from Johnstown, NY

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

When I was shopping for a washing machine, I had some safety concerns regarding the front loading machines as I have two small children, so I started looking more at the top loaders.

The Cabrio stood out to me, it has sleek lines and a great modern look. I love how easy it is to figure out and manage all the functions. The capacity is amazing! I've stuffed this machine to the top and everything has still come out wonderfully clean!

Even when stuffing pillows or bulky jeans in the machine, I've not experienced any issues with the load becoming unbalanced and banging around.

The delicate and hand-wash cycles are excellent. I've washed all of my delicate couch cushion covers without a problem. I've also laundered many "hand-wash only" items, such as clothing and curtains and they've come out wonderfully clean and in perfect condition. I am so happy not to have to wash an article of clothing by hand again!