3.5
Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer

Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer

3.5

WTW5600XW Whirlpool washer seems great

I just replaced my 13 year old GE Profile which I hated.  This unconventional washer seems great so far to me.  Can wash large loads in a short timeframe; loads come out pretty dry, so dryer time is shortened, too.  I'm saving time and money.  Good deal to me.  So far I like the unconventional style with no agitator and, no, my clothes are not all wrinkled.  They were a mess with my old GE.  The noise if very different from my old washer and I do not find this unit noisy.  Instead of the shreaking blast identifying end of cycle, it plays a little electronic tune.  I thought my old washer had a very big tub at 3.2 cu. ft., but this is really big at 4.3.  I do find it a little unsettling to put my detergent in a separate dispenser with no water running.  I cannot rinse out my detergent cup and there's always liquid left in the cup.

Washer? Don't think so.

Don't even consider it unless you only wash clean dry clothes. Can't add clothes after machine starts because it has already "sensed" the load size. Can't wash wet towels because the water level won't be correct (senses load size by weight) and the machine won't operate correctly if there's too much water, this also affects detergent amount. Forget soaking stubborn stains, laundry may not all get wet on this cycle before the machine decides to drain. Then you have to set it to "drain & spin", wait, add more detergent, set it to wash cycle and hope. Remember, the load is now heavier and the machine will "sense" a larger load and add excess water resulting in clothes that weren't soaked or washed efficiently. This results in dirty clothes, excess water & energy usage, and twice as much detergent used compared to our old energy wasting ways. HA! What a joke!! Now I have to waste more of my gas & energy trying to find a washing machine and Lowes has to waste gas & man power getting this thing out of my house! BELIEVE THE REVIEWS! I soaked and washed a quilt and couldn't put it in the dryer because it was still dirty. What a surprise that there were dry spots on the quilt when I hung it on the line. Now I'll have to drive to the laundry to wash it. I'll end up using 3X's the amount of detergent that I would have used in my old washer (soak cycle, wash cycle, rewashing) HE? No way!

Energy Efficiency
Rewashing doesn't save energy or detergent. Using this short soak cycle doesn't help remove stains and the somewhat wet clothes are heavier, resulting in a full tub of water when the machine senses the wash cycle. The fast spin cycle doesn't cut my drying time by more than a few minutes at the most.

Cleaning Time
I could wash more clothes more efficiently in less time in my old washer.

Soak cycle doesn't always wet clothes. Wash cycle doesn't always wet clothes. Presoak cycle doesn't always wet clothes. Can't determine how much detergent to add when I don't know how much water the machine sensor will want to add, for instance, after a "soak" cycle.

I have trouble pushing the buttons, sometimes I have to use both hands and push two to four times to get light to come on. I have lady fingers, not strong hands.

Read above. This machine isn't efficient!!!!! First couple of times I pushed "Power" instead of "Start" after checking my laundry for water temp, etc. This resulted in the water & detergent draining. I had to then "drain & spin", then, reset machine with buttons I am not strong enough to push, add more detergent, then, the machine sensed the load at much heavier and added too much water. It won't tell me if it's off balance. One time I adjusted the load and set the machine to drain & spin FOUR times before I gave up and put the dripping towels on the line at 11:30 PM. Yes, I powered off to reset and even took out a bulky item.

I'm returning it after trying several loads. Wanted to give it a chance, sorry I did. Waste of time, energy, water, and detergent.

I don't recomend it

from Little falls mn.

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Long Cycle

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Machine spends more time "sensing" than it does washing, no way to stop in middle of loading, and when it breaks down, it will, very hard to trouble shoot problem. Not happy with it.purchased in Feb. Of 2014

Horrible

from Northridge Ca

About Me Frequent User

Pros

Cons

• Long Cycle

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

After a wash cycle my clothes come out with lint and soap scum I called on this issue and they said to rinse twice. so how is this energy efficient. They also said use less soap. this didn't change things. I takes so long for a cycle and after spinning the clothes are very very wrinkled...

soap scum and lint collect on clothes.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I am frustrated that lint and soap scum collect on clothes as there isn't a lint collector in this machine. I would never have purchased this if I knew this.

Energy Efficiency
        I thought it would be better than it is.

Cleaning Time
        Takes longer than expected.

Leaves clothes worse than when they went in covered in lint and soap scum.

What does durability matter when it doesn't do the job it is supposed to.

worst appliance ever!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I have owned this washer for 4 years now. The first one I had destroyed by down quilt the first time I used it. I foolishly accepted a replacement machine, which occasionally does not spin all the water out of a wash cycle. I end up having to squeeze water out of sheets, blankets and towels manually. Yesterday, two loads of laundry would not spin, the but third load (just pillows) did. Since I cannot determine how to reproduce this seemingly random problem, I am reluctant to pay a repairman to visit.

Energy Efficiency
        Not very efficient when wash cycle restarts. Yesterday I had 3 minutes left to the cycle, and a minute later it was back to 20 minutes. When remaining minutes got back to single digits, cycle re-started and I was back to 20 minutes again. Stopped machine, tried to just use spin cycle to no avail. .

Cleaning Time
        39 minutes isn't great for gentle cycle.

so unreliable.

• Cleaning Time:

Lots of internal space for large loads.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I love how this cleans everything for the most delicate to the most bulky of items.

Doesn't overuse water.

Cleaning Time
        Some pre-programmed settings are over an hour.

Sometimes the error codes or End of Cycle code confused me, but I just had to get used to having a new washer.

I love the open spacious tub. It may not be for people who are shorter, hard to get to bottom of deep tub.

Sometimes the tray to put your detergent in seems delicate, but it can take some man-handing.

• Cleaning Time:

This is a nice looking washer and does the job it is supposed to

from Whitmore Lake, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I've read bad reviews on this washer, but other than it being loud during the wash cycle, I have not had any problems with it. Has a nice control panel with lots of options for every type of laundry you need to do. There is no high standing agitator to get in the way of the clothes and my clothes always come out clean and smelling fresh.

• Cleaning Time:

Great washer gets the job done each time

from north augusta sc

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This is a great washer that gets clothes clean each time that I use it. I never had to wash clothes more than one cycle to get stains out. The washer has basic settings, and I usually load the washer to capacity. Even when the washer is full, the clothes get clean and the unit does not stop. This washer is built to last! I have had this washer for the past five years now, and it has not malfunctioned once. This Whirlpool washer is energy smart, and it does not use up much energy at all with each use. Cleaning time is standard, and each load of laundry takes thirty to forty minutes. The washer is easy to use. The buttons are clear and the knobs turn easy. The knobs have not come loose or damaged at all during the years that I have owned it, which proves this is a quality product. The design of the washer is basic, and there are no features that stands out compared to other washers. I recommend this product if you need a basic top loading energy efficient washer.

Standard times

Simple to use

Generic design. Looks like all other top loader washers.

I owned it for five years and still running strong!

Great Washer!!

from Henrico, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Love this washer!! We had a barely used 5 year new Maytag washer that quit washing/cleaning in the middle of the wash cycle for no reason, that we replaces with this Whirlpool Cabrio washer. I couldn't be happier!! It cleans & seems to work with my detergent to get out/release stains too! We have had this washer for about 7 months and use it at least 2 times a day. I have 3 young boys and my husband works in a restaurant so you can imagine the mess of laundry & stains to deal with. Besides the fantastic cleaning capability of this washer, I love that it tells me how long each wash cycle is & how much time is left. Also, love the volume control (loud, soft or off) incase the kids are sleeping when I do my last load for the day. The spin cycle (on high) is AMAZING!! Practically dries most everything (excluding jeans) so that cuts down on drying time which inadvertently saves time, electricity and energy. I cannot say enough great things about this washer!!

I wash heavy/extra heavy loads & wash time is 53-55 mins per load

Huge basin, plenty of room for king size sheet set or cal. king down comforter. Looks small from outside but holds a lot!

• Cleaning Time:

Modern washer with non-traditional cycle.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I wanted a front load washer because I knew they were much more efficient in both water usage and power. I then learned that new top load washers, such as this Cabrio, do not have center agitators and instead use a whole different wash pattern to achieve the same, if not better efficiency. Mind you, the wash movement is probably not as thorough as the movement in a front load, but what's cool about this Cabrio is that is pours water as it slowly rotates, then agitates the clothes to move them around. The best feature I can see is that the washer actually senses how big the load is and then adjusts the water and power accordingly. There is also an Eco mode and button which tells the washer to run with slightly less water or cooler water. All in all, it's a very efficient washer - even helps with drying efficiency since the clothes are spun nearly dry.

Super large wash basin. I also like that everything is electronic buttons and signals.

• Cleaning Time:

Good for everyday clothes not the best for sheets and blankets

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I purchased the Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine at Best Buy. After about six months of use, the washing machine kept stopping and displaying an error message. This continues for several months, had several service calls. Eventually after a year of trying to fix the machine it was finally replaced. The replacement is better but whenever I wash sheets or blankets the washing machine stops on the rinse and spin cycle. I have to take apart the wash and then keep restarting the spin cycle.

Energy Efficiency
        I believe that it is more energy efficient then my previous washing machine. It does wash quicker than a normal washing machine.

Cleaning Time
        A standard washing cycle is 46 minutes.

When the washing machine is washing normal clothes it performs well. The only time performance is poor when it is washing sheets and blankets.

Easy to load and unload. Only negative is when washing sheets and blankets have to stand next to washing machine during rinse cycle and keep starting it over until it finally works through the entire cycle.

Top load is excellent and large space to load wash.

The replacement washing machine has been pretty durable. We have now had the product several years.