3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

The washing machine is a work horse

I have owned this machine for a year now. We are a family of seven so it gets used very often. I have had no problems with it other than a few error codes that displayed for things that were user related. Once the water hose screen was plugged up so we got a low water error code and once the exhaust vent on the matching dryer was plugged so we got an airflow code. The dryer has also been very good to us as well.

I just hate it

Why? 1.It wastes my time, 2.it makes a mess in my loundry room, 3.its annoying and 4.it can be freaking loud.

1. You...Read complete review

1. You need to be completely done separating clothes, putting in clothes, putting detergent, putting softner, and adjusting the machine options before starting the washer and water.

2. Because of the later i dont get any water to rinse the detergent's and softner's cups. And no clothes to wash the detergent or softner spills on counters and washer covers. Therefore the cups build up thick soap crust and soap stains are all over the counter and washer

3. The lid lock is extremely annoying!!! I am not gonna fall and drawn in my washing machine. N if u have dumb kids, well.... Then the lid lock should be optional.

4. Sometimes you think there is an hearthquake, but its actually the washer that abruptlly stopped because sheets got stuck together anf formed a big ball. I know sounds weirds. Or just the washer at the end can be loud in the fibal spines.

I have had that whirlpool cabrio for more than a year. I wish i still had my 15 years old one.

I love this washer

from Boston, MA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Shakes/Moves

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Heavy/Bulky Items
  • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I had this machine and it lasted for 6 years. Certainly I hoped for more but the bearing/bushing went. I have no complaints about this machine whatsoever. I am looking for another one but an upgraded model with the steam function.

Not the best

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I personally was not a fan on this washing machine. It takes forever to use, and sometimes your clothes are still wet after they have gone through their rinse cycle! Nobody wants to have dripping clothes as they are trying to put them in the dryer.

Energy Efficiency
Compared to my newer washing machine, this Whirlpool model is very disappointing when it comes to saving energy. I actually had to cut back on how many loads of laundry I did per month because this machine used so much energy.

Cleaning Time
Overall, I would consider the cleaning time on this washing machine to be average. I have used washing machines that are newer than this model that take just as long as this one does to wash my clothes.

The performance from this washing machine could be better. There have been many times where the hair from my dogs was still all over my black clothes, so I was not thrilled about that.

This washing machine is very easy to use, even though it is not very modern.

The design of this machine is very simple and bland.

This machine is somewhat durable.

• Cleaning Time:

An Advocate for Hand-Washing!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

This washer is horrible, to say the least. I bought this washer 2 years ago, and it worked for the first 6 months. Just worked. It wasn't anything special, and was too loud for my own preferences. It really is annoying to hear the crashing noise of this machine over the TV or in the night when I'm try to sleep. It sounds like there is a truck in my bedroom, even though the laundry machine is all the way across the hall.
I thought that since I spent so much money buying this washer already, I'd just put up with the noise and it would be fine. Wrong!
This washer sprung a leak a few months back, completely destroying a portion of the plush carpet I own. To make things worse, the pipeline was also damaged and the plumber that I called was only able to do a temporary solution to my problem.
I wish I had never bought this dryer, and I hope that I have convinced you not to purchase this dryer either! Save your money and go for something that washes better and doesn't break on you!

Whirlpool sucks

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

The machine worked great for a while. Then I started getting an F1 code all the time. The code says there is something stuck in the pump. Turns out the mother board is defective and expensive to replace. As a result I constantly have to reset the machine to get it to work. Why should I have to replace a defective part after the warranty.

Energy Efficiency
Not very energy efficient since I am constantly restarting the machine to over ride the error code.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time is greatly increased since it doesn't finish the cycle with out error code.

I don't know how it got a performance rating of six. I wouldn't give it that.

Very much a nuisance to use.

The mother board is defective and if you look on the internet there are many people with the same problem.

It has to be durable I've been so frustrated that I want to kick the crap out of it. It bettered stand up to my abuse. Do yourself a favor don't look at whirlpool,

I JUST LOVE IT!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

I absolutely LOVE this washer and dryer set. DON'T believe the bad reviews. I have had no problem with it at all. I love the huge wash capacity and although it does get loud it does it's job! Amazing machine!!

• Cleaning Time:

Great, affordable, functional top load washer!

from Waverly, IL

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

Easy to use, functional, high efficiency top load washer. Can handle large loads without issues, cleans well, runs with acceptable noise volume.

Energy Efficiency
Uses much less water than older washers, which is great for those on well and septic systems.

Cleaning Time
Cleans in half the time of my old washer!

This washer cleans clothes the first time, uses less laundry detergent with less water, and handles larger loads than my previous washer. I get my laundry done in half the time!

Extremely easy to set and go.

I prefer top load washers, and this met my expectations. Easy to load, add detergent and fabric softener, etc. Functional without a lot of fancy options we did not need.

No problems at all, and we've owned our Cabrio set for a year and a half.

BY FAR THE WORSTTTT MACHINE

from Butler, NJ

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

We bought this machine back in January 2011. The first cycle ever use we HATED this machine. #1 it takes foreverrrrr to wash #2 it tangles and ropes your clothes until the legs of your pants or sleeves of your shirts are streched out. Clothes stay wrinkled, sheets ball up and all your items get knotted. We have a family of 5 and don't have the time to wait for the cycles to finish nor place the clothes a certain way in the machine. We contacted the Corporate offices and sent our pictures of our tangled balls of clothes. The response was " the women of the office said they dont have an issue with their machines and it could be a loading issue." WTF does that have to do with it. We have all been doing our laundry since the start of our lives, do we really need a class on how to load a damn washer? SERIOUSLY! We have had our machine 5 months now and this is the outcome. The customer service is horrible, and we are in the process of finding out an outcome to our issue. The corporate office is a joke until they resolve my issue. So much for the customer is always right. Whirlpool sucks.

stevielc

from Bristol, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer:

DONT BUY IT!!!After about 2 years it now displays the f 51 code i cant make it stop,i called customer service it will cost between 130.00 and 315.00 to fix . I had my old kenmore for 20 years and no problems until the very end,i only paid like 450.00 for the washer and dryer back then .I paid almost 3600.00 for the cabrio washer and dryer and have had less than two years and it wont work,ITS JUNK!! I should have stuck with kenmore. VERY DISAPPOINTED....

I just hate it