3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Best washer I've ever used!

I absolutely love our washer! We were looking at the Maytag version of this washer, but decided to go with Whirlpool. I don't have to worry about any detergent stains or crazy smells like the front load washers. My husband works on the oil field, and his work uniforms are disgusting! Our washer washes them the first time and makes them smell new and clean, instead of washing them 4 or 5 times to kill the smell like before.

Energy Efficiency
So quiet, you never know it's running. And it uses just the right amount of water, so you don't have to worry about adjusting the load size.

Cleaning Time
It takes on average of an hour to wash a load of clothes, but they are clean the first time. I would rather take longer to wash the first time then having to rewash.

Just push a button. So user friendly!

I love the way it looks! We have it in steel gray.

We haven't had it very long, but seems to be holding up really well. Especially with hard water and all the oil and grease I wash.

I wasn't as happy with this product as I had expected.

I bought this as a replacement for one of their older washing machines, and really don't like it nearly as much.

Energy Efficiency
This machine does seem to be more energy...Read complete review

Energy Efficiency
This machine does seem to be more energy efficient.

Cleaning Time
This machine seems to takes as long or maybe even longer to wash a load of clothes.

My clothes seem to be more wrinkled now. The clothes comes out more wet, so it seems they have to be in the dryer a lot longer than they use to.

This machine is easy to use. Just a push of a button. The machine judges the amount of clothes loaded.

The design of the machine is nice and modern.

So far, this machine seems to be durable, but doesn't look as durable as my older machine.

I would NOT buy this product ever again!

from Tucson, Arizona

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • large tub for washing blankets

Cons

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum 4.6 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Top Load Washer WTW8200YW:

I would not recommend this washer, it is the worst one I have ever had. It does not get my clothes clean, or smelling fresh. My clothing and sheets are more twisted and wrinkled and require ironing. Some cycles are as long as 99 minutes! You may save on water, but spend more on electricity with long cycles. I ended up spending extra money on additional laundry boosting products and using 3 rinse cycles to get the clothing somewhat cleaner. It automatically chooses the spin speed and there are times I don't want that speed and it won't allow me to choose the one I want. My towels don't come out dry enough and I have to put them through a second spin cycle and they are still rather wet. It doesn't have a soak cycle. It takes me 2 to 3 times longer to get my weekly laundry done. I would much more prefer a plain old style washer with a regular agitator, at least my clothes got clean with far less wrinkling and in shorter cycles. There isn't anything I like about this washer except it is quiet and looks pretty!

Great Washer

from Bessemer, AL

Can fit complete bedding for King size bed in one load. Can was multiple quilts at one time.

Eco Friendly

55 minutes to wash

Clothes come out clean and almost dry.

Clear top so you can see in through the clear top to see what it is doing at any time. It is not going to easily trap detergents and try and grow molds.

Whirlpool Washer

I love this washer. It is every thing I hoped a washer could do. The washer saves time, it only takes about 45 minutes to wash a load of clothes and it saves money too.

Energy Efficiency
      It has saved me money on my energy bill.

Cleaning Time
      Using this washer it only takes about 45 minutes to wash a regular load of clothes.

This washer is very easy to use just add the clothes and laundry soap and hit the start button and walk away.

Very nice design

• Cleaning Time:

High efficency is not good performance.

I recently purchased this washer for a heavy duty and high efficiency washer. I have kids and dogs so I need something that can handle big and bulky loads. I have found that this washer never cleans anything in one load. I have used the soak cycle, heavy duty cycle and all the rest over and over trying to get things clean. I have done big loads and small loads. I buy the 'special' detergent, bleach, and fabric softener and still can not get things very clean and especially blankets and towels, which is mainly why I bought this big new washer. I am looking for a better washer now with an agitator in it and not 'low water levels'.

Energy Efficiency
      While this does use very little water and could be considered high efficiency, it is not for me when I have to wash the same load three times over again and still have it not very clean.

Cleaning Time
      Cleaning time is about the same as other washers unless you consider with the 'low water levels' and the fact that you have to re-wash your load several times to get it somewhat clean.

Very poor cleaning with this washer. No agitator and low water allows clothes to sit in their own dirt to long.

Simple and easy controls.

No agitator and low water allows clothes to sit in their own dirt to long.

Very durable and good balance when packed with clothes.

• Cleaning Time:

I wasn't as happy with this product as I had expected.

Energy Efficiency
      This machine does seem to be more energy efficient.

Cleaning Time

The design of the machine is nice and modern.

• Cleaning Time:

You get what you pay for

from Jacksonville, FL

At first I really did not want to spend the money for a washing machine but it was completely worth it. The best part about it is how much you can fit in there which cuts down on the number of loads you have to do. It is very energy efficient uses very little water and does a great job on getting everything clean.

Energy Efficiency
      very energy efficient with both water and electricity

Cleaning Time
      this machine is super fast, i can do two loads in this washer in the same time to do one load in my old washer

It does fantastic there isn't anything dirty that i have put in there that it has not gotten clean. plus love all the different settings

very easy to use, already has a lot of preset setting for doing whites and delicates. so all you need to do is add your detergent and let it work its magic.

great design, everything is in a perfect place which make putting your detergent and bleach in super easy

i have had the washer for about two years and it still works like the day i bought it

• Cleaning Time:

Best washer I've ever used!

Cleaning Time

Just push a button. So user friendly!

I love the way it looks! We have it in steel gray.

Very disappionted so far

Have owned this machine for 3 weeks, the very first day water leaked on floor. This happens every time we use the washer. Had a repairman come out last week and he could find nothing wrong. He said that he has had 4 calls for this problem on this machine without being able to find a problem. Coming back next week to look at it again. Took video and documented the load and cycle. At this point I would not recommend this machine to anyone.

Don't know yet

• Cleaning Time:

Love it being a top loader that I can wash bulky items in!!!!!!

I have only had it for 6 weeks, but so far I am very satisfied. Love the very short agitator. Great for washing quilts and other bulky items. Love the low water usage too as I have a septic system. Also love it's many different cycles. Clothes are quite clean. Hope to get many years out of it.

Great water saver.

Cleaning Time
      A bit longer that my other machines.

I've only had it for 6 weeks. Let's hope it last a good 10 years

Cleans with Options

I like that this machine has many options so that I can customize the cycle based on what I am washing. I dont like that the fabric softener receptor is not easy to clean so it builds up.

My only compliant is that when washing bulky items or sheets, it will sometimes stop the cycle, because the cylinder becomes unlevel.