2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

I love it!

We purchased our washer last year after our old one died.  I like the fact that it doesn't have a tall agitator, thus you have more room for clothes.  I also really like the detergent/softener dispenser.  You basically dump your clothes in the machine, fill the dispensers, check your settings, and forget it.  And don't bother trying to distribute your clothes evenly - the washer will do that for you.  It takes a few minutes at the beginning of the cycle to balance out the load.  The settings are also very user-friendly right out of the box.

Another thing that I really like is that the spin cycle is so fast that your clothes are barely damp at the end of the cycle, thus it takes less drying time and less electricity.  It also washes very differently - during the first part of the wash cycle, the machine doesn't fill completely - it just sort of wets the clothes then starts the wash.  It does use less water, though I haven't really noticed a savings in my water bill.  Oh, and noise?  Virtually none, even during the spin cycle.  This is the quietest machine I've ever heard.

So far we are very happy with the machine.  I don't have any negatives so far.

adequate

I have to say, it slightly disappointing, and I've been using Whirlpool for several decades. My old machine worked like a champ for the past 17yrs with no problems and we only got a new one because I wanted something with an Energy star rating and better water consumption. A normal load it does ok, but the delicate cycle is worthless, and on my scrubs it's merely adequate. We are def. going to return this and get a different model. I wish we hadn't sold our old washer. Another reviewer mentioned  some clothes not even getting wet, and it is a problem, but it's usually because I've overloaded it. The capacity is good though. I can fit our king size comforter in there, which surprised me. The bulky setting does get it clean so I don't have to take it to the laundry mat for washing. While it's not the best washer, it's good points are the capacity, bulky setting, quick clean (as long as it's a small load), and the spin-it really pulls out more water than our old machine.

This is the worst washer ever.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

Have had problems with this washer ever since I bought it.
Wrinkles like you wouldn't believe, I have to dry my clothes for 20 min. to get the wrinkles out enough to hang dry my clothes.
The timer is always wrong, or it adds minutes randomly.

Cleaning Time
Unusual time to wash for the whites cycle.

Oh the wrinkles! This product was supposed to reduce them, false advertising..

When cycle is done, doesn't matter what cycle, you have to almost rip your laundry out its so tangled together

Great design, if it worked like it looked.

Can't do too large of loads or it won't fully spin and drain out the water.

• Cleaning Time:

Do not recommend this washing machine!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

I would not recommend this whirlpool cabrio washing machine. I purchased the cabrio last year and have already had to replace it! The agitator kept on messing up and we had to replace it 3 times and the last time it had to be fixed the repair man said that it would need a new transmission which would cost about as much as the washing machine. Needless to say we will never be buying a whirlpool washing machine again since this one didn't even last a year. I would NOT recommend this washing machine to anyone looking for a new one.

• Cleaning Time:

This washer is So bad I rather wash by hand!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

I am so un happy with this washer. It doesnt wash anything. Just dumps water then spins it!. Wow! Even washing a small load, it still sucks! NOTHING gets cleaned! I take out the clothes and there are stains still. SOOOOO disapointed! I have had it with this washer! I urge anyone who is planning on buying this washer NOT TO. It will save you the money and the headache! Every cycle sucks! This washer does nothing! It sucks! Sometimes some of the clothes comes out dry. Then most times it comes out like its never been through a wash! Wow! I hate this washer machine!

• Cleaning Time:

Large capacity, efficient, but not gentle on fabric.

from Bridgeville, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

I was intrigued by the water and energy savings of this large capacity top loader, so we replaced our old top loading spindle agitator with this model. The jury is still out as I have only been using it for two months, but these have been my observations so far:

1) It's very roomy and I can get a lot of laundry in at once, cutting down on the number of loads. I can easily wash a single bed comforter in it. I haven't tried a double/queen yet.
2) The machine is relatively quiet, and I haven't had a problem with unbalanced loads so far.
3) I appreciate the "pause" feature that allows you to stop the action and add a late article.
4) You will definitely save on water. However, that also contributes to the negative aspects.

The negative:
1) My clothing is terribly twisted at the end of the cycle, even on the "delicate" cycle. I literally have to unwind some pants legs and shirt sleeves. I have even noticed that fabrics with any "give" made with lycra and/or spandex and light knits are pulled out of shape. (I can tell by the uneven hem at the bottom of the garment.) Not good at all. So, I save on water but end up with misshapen clothing that will need to be replaced?!? Doesn't make sense to me.
2) Also concerned about the abrasion on the clothing with the bottom agitator; the clothes are being whipped around in very little water. It takes some time for all parts of the clothes to get wet. I get the fact that the machine is sending some water through the clothes rather than sending the clothing through a lot of water, but again, if this results in a shorter life span of the article of clothing, the water savings means nothing to me.
3) Even on a "cool" water setting of a "delicate" cycle, hot water is added to the wash in bursts of red hot water. At one point, I watched a washable silk blouse get blasted by hot water. The hot and cold are not mixed prior to being added to the washer. (You can tell by the steam that rises to the glass lid alternately with the cold water.)

I want to like this machine and will give it more time, but am closely monitoring the state of the finished product.

Energy Efficiency
Definitely see a water savings. The clothing is also spun very well so it dries faster.

Cleaning Time
Cycles seem to take more time than those of the old top loader without the HE and low water usage features.

I cannot give a good performance rating to a washer which is twisting and stretching out my clothing even if it is cleaning it well.

Easy to use with good explanations of the various settings.

The exterior looks nice.

I have only had the washer for two months. Need more time to objectively comment.

• Cleaning Time:

Great Washer for home and family!!!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

I love this washer! I have had it for a good amount of time now and it has been very reliable not only in looks and setup but overall functionality. I really would recommend this product to any family that consistently does laundry (like mine does) and wants a good product that works well and isn't too expensive.

Return To Sender

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

I like the Whirlpool name and purchase this product based on that fact. On first usage it filled and then drained & tried to wash with No water! Reread instructions same result. Exchanged machine same results! Ended up buying LG product, with Stainless Steel drum!

• Cleaning Time:

Exactly what I wanted in a washer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

I purchased this because I didn't want the tall agitator. I LOVE IT. This machine is an he/energy efficient machine. It uses less water, less detergent, and indicates based on washing settings how economical your wash is. I use it for everything, including my bulky comforters. I have not been disappointed by this product.

Energy Efficiency
Machine will tell me how energy efficient wash load is based on my settings are.

Generally takes 50-65 minutes based on wash cycle

This machine is very different than what I had. I was not used to using less water. This cleans better than my outdated washer did.

Push a button to select load that is being washed. Suggests what temp to wash at based on load selection.

I love the see through glass door.

My appliance repairman told me to buy Whirlpool because they are built to last. I'm glad I listened.

WHIRLPOOL TOP LOAD WASHER CABRIO WTW5700XW

from Macon, GA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

This washer was purchased based on features, appearance, Whirlpool's stellar reputation, personal good experience with the brand plus a 'best buy'rating from Consumer Reports.

In so doing, we ignored inpout from neighbours and friends who had purchased the same product. Words they used were "we hate it". We relied on a 30 day return privilege from the retailer.

We should have listened to other consumer's input. The product was disappointing in a number of respects and was exchanged for another type and brand. That step was only taken after consulting Whirlpool on three seperate occasions to insure we were using the machine properly. They were not as helpful as we would have liked.

Energy Efficiency
We give this rating based on water usage. Since the cycle times are very long, we doubt that electricity savings are significant.

Cleaning Time
The cycle times are hugely long ranging from 45 minutes to close to 60 minutes depending on the type and size of load.

Using the required HE washing liquid, cleaning performance was just OK. We were inhibited by not being able to use products such as Oxy Clean. But this was at the expense of a very long cycle time. Although the machine does not have an agitator, there is a turbulence inducer at the bottom of the basket. Coupled with the small amount of water the machine programs in depending on load, that feature tends to scrub the clothes like a washboard leading we suspect to rapid rear.

Whirlpool provided very good instruction materials so learning to use the machine as specified was not a problem. Even so, we did consult them to insure we were using the product as intended.

Appearance design was excellent. In terms of making the machine do what what the engineers intended, that was also fine. We just feel they were on the wrong track, probably in search of the Energy Star rating.

Not tested but assumed based on Whirlpoo's reputation.

Needs work

from Prince George, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

At first this washer was great. Then it started leaking around the door. I exchanged this machine 3 times for a new one and every couple of months it would start leaking. It leaked so much it damaged my floor and I had to have it torn up and replaced. It also did not wring the clothes out good. Do not buy.

Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5700XW 27" Top-Load Washer

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Front Load Washer:

I had a 22 year old Whirlpool washer. Started having problems where the water level wasn't registering and if you didn't watch it it could overflow. After lots of research via websites and consumer reports we decided on the Whirlpool Carrio WTW5700XW top loader. We decided to stick with the top loader versus the front loader due to some of the cons of front loaders. Love that it has a clear, glass top that you can see your clothes going through the cycles. It has 11 wash cycles and 5 temperature settings. It is so user friendly to use. My husband loves the fact it that it senses the load and the items in it and balances the load before it even starts the cycle. it is quiet and does a great job cleaning. I would definite recommend this washer. Hope this Whirlpool will last me another 22 years.

very user friendly even my kids can do their own laundry without assistance.