4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

No Worries with this Appliance in the House

We bought this dryer to compliment our Whirlpool Cabrio washer. It has been dependable from day one. The lint trap is easy to clean. The setting are super clear and simple to use. One thing I have always loved about a gas dryer is how the clothes come out dry but not "over" dry. Electric static is never a problem. I don't use fabric softener sheets for health reasons, but I was also told that using them can put a film on the dry sensors in the machine making them less effective. We don't use liquid softer either. I purchased two dryer balls and my clothes come out plenty soft without the waxy feeling that typical softeners can leave behind. Other people I know have used tennis balls with similar good results. We leave the chime off since it tends be a little loud (and persistent) for us. If I have a dry load in that I haven't gotten to immediately, I just put it on dry again for two or three minutes and they come out wrinkle-free and fresh as ever.

does its job, but has problems

I bought this dryer along with the Whirlpool cabrio washer 5 months ago and the dryer hasn't given me any problems until recently. It dried my clothes fine and I like the wrinkle shield option - when I can't get to the clothes in time it spins the clothes to keep them from wrinkling in the dryer. I set most of my loads to the normal setting and it doesn't seem to shrink my clothes as much as my old dryer. Recently though, and at random times, there is no heat in the dryer, but the dryer is on and is "functional" - the clothes are being spun around, just without heat. I have a warranty and had someone come to take a look at it, but was told there was no problem with it. If it keeps happening I'll need to have this taken out and a new one brought in, but what a hassle!

Great dryer, reasonable price

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

Easy to use, like dampness sensor, reliable, 5th Whirlpool (Kenmore) dryer I've owned, bought new one to match washer, and sold my old one (7 years old) and still working fine.

Load Capacity
Large capacity, leaves clothes unwrinkled and not knotted in tub. Sensor helps make sure all clothes are dried well.

Reliable, have never needed service on my dryer. Quick and efficient drying.

New dryer has nice features, like dampness sensor, which makes drying efficient and easier. Push start button and wait for alarm to sound for clothes removal. Dryer keeps spinning to avoid clothes getting wrinkled before removal.

Have proved to be extremely durable, and have outlasted my washing machines by 3 to five years.

Easy to empty and clean. Nice looking.

Very efficient Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I have had this dryer for two years now and I still love it. It is quiet, dries the load of clothes in the time it is programed to, and looks sharp! The only thing I do not like about this dryer is the top of it. That's correct the top of the dryer. Someone in the design department must have thought it to be stylish if they put a curve to the top of this dryer. So there is a slope. this slope means you can't put your laundry basket, any dry clothes, or even a box of dryer sheets on the top of this machine because it will, sure as tomorrow, fall off the dryer. I have a very cramped laundry room and I use every space possible, so when I discovered I can no longer put anything on my dryer I was quite upset. Don't these designs get tested by consumers before going to production?

Load Capacity
With six people in my family I bought a large drum machine.

There are set timers for the clothes and I find they are accurate to dry.

Stupid slope on the top causes anything you put up there to fall to the floor.

Makes life easier.

from Malvern, AR

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

My favorite thing about this dryer is the refresh option with steam. If your in a hurry and don't have clean jeans, just pop them in for 20 minutes with a dryer sheet and its like they were freshly washed & dried. If something is wrinkled it will freshen it up in ten minutes.

Load Capacity
I don't overload but usually dry 4 pair of jeans/pants and a couple of shirts at a time.

It performs wonderfully. It dries quickly. Most of the time it dries quicker than the length of time that it says it will take.The lint collector is easy to clean out.

Very easy to use with lots of options. It will also do a fluff cycle ever so often if you get busy doing something else and can't get back to take out the clothes right away.

I've had them over 6 years and haven't had any problem with them. I did not get the extended warranty and luckily, I didn't need it.

They look nice. Have big capacity but aren't oversized for the space that I have for them.

Great product

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I got this dryer (along with the washing machine) about 6 months ago on craislist. I did some research and found that they are about 3 years old. The only small problem I have with this dryer is the location of the dryer's vent. It's on the top of the machine . Most vents in the wall from what I've seen are the bottom. This just means that you have to get a longer dryer tube vent to connect the tube to the wall. Other than that I would say that this dyer is a good product that does what a dryer is supposed to do. Dry clothes. The time that it takes clothes to dry is average. It's energy efficiency is at par with others of the same year, and is made by a reliable company.

Good Dryer for Small Household

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I live by myself so I do laundry in small loads each week, so this is a great dryer for a small household. It holds enough items for my loads, but can't dry when it is overfilled. It is a little loud and rumbly, but always does a great job at getting clothes dried and keeping them looking fresh and wrinkle free.

Load Capacity
It does a good job at drying clothes, but can't hold a lot of items when I am washing towels or blankets. If it is stuffed to the maximum, it takes too long to dry items.

I haven't had any problems with the dryer as the heat is powerful enough to get everything dried in one cycle. I like that it doesn't generate a lot of static and keeps clothes wrinkle free.

It's easy to set the timer as well as the strength of drying when using and lets you now when the load is completely done.

This seems like a high quality dryer, as I haven't had any problems with it and it is in good shape after using a few times a week.

The dryer is easy to use and easy to fill. It holds enough items for my loads each week and it is easy to operate.

Just Okay Dryer

from Salisbury, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

This dryer is okay. It dries clothes, has a large capacity load, but like the Cabrio washer, has too many alarms. I like the dryer overall, but sometimes the dampness sensor alarms even when I have not set it. I find that annoying. Also if you fill the drum, truly utilizing the space, the clothes will be dry, but sleeves and pants legs will be wrinkled (as with most dryers).

HUGE dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

Very happy wih this drye fo our large family. this is the biggest most efficent dryer we have owned. Very easy to use and alot of settings. I really love that I can put a HUGE load in. It tumbles blankets and full loads of towels with ease. I am completely satisfied with our purchase and would reccomend it to those especially with large families. We do aout 5 loads a day sucessfully..

• Load Capacity:

My Cabrio drier is a lemon had a defect right out of the box.

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I would say read the warranty cos if you have a problem customer service don't back up a manufacturers defect they will send someone to repair not replace I have had 3 drums in my cabrio and at this time no heat and waiting for a replacement for a bulkhead. 9 months of hell.

Load Capacity
Does not get hot enough I have a high capacity drum and carn't use it to its capacity as th load does not dry. I have tried to convince whirlpool customer service that i have a lemon but to no avail.

from my prior comments I am sure you have gathered that I am totally not satisfied, This was my first new drier in 30 years. I am just so upset that the customer service have no compassion and whirlpool are not taking responsibility for bad workmanship.

wished it worked as well as it looks

does its job, but has problems

from Stockton, CA

Whirlpool Dryer - Reliable

from Castle Rock, CO

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

How many dryers do you know that will work well year after year...after year? It just needs to have its filter cleaned -- other than that, our dryer's been great. (Note: even the hottest setting has not hurt the clothes.)