Other Clothes Dryers:
WED6400SW, WED6400SWH, WED6400SB
Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

HUGE dryer gets the job done

If you are looking for a great, huge dryer, this is the one for you.  It can dry small loads in as little as 20 minutes.  Be aware, however, that if you stuff it full with as much as you can, it can take up to 2 hours, despite what the timer tells you at the beginning of the cycle.  The timer often gets "stuck" on a certain number count for a long time, so you really don't know when it will be done.  The complaints I have with this dryer is that is really twists up pants legs on jeans and cords.  Also, it tends to ball up sheets and blankets and when the senor says it is dry, the middle is often still damp (you just have to re-arrange the sheets/blanket and start it up again).  Overall, I am very happy with this dryer.

It's not the heat, it's the humidity!

Hello everybody and welcome to Longpantsman Loves Dryers. I don’t have any guests today. Nor are there any prizes except for the knowledge contained within this here review. So settle down and pay attention to the applause sign.

I am pretty sure I can climb into this thing. It is big inside yet the same size as my last dryer which seems half as big inside by comparison.

There are a ton of settings and buttons and one big dial. This is supposed to be some energy saving dryer but if I set it on almost anything other than the energy saver, the savings disappear.

My lint trap seems to trap some lint but not all the lint. Where the rest of the lint is going is beyond me. Probably outside through my vent. But I don’t go outside much. There seems to be this big bright heatful eye in the sky that burns me whenever I go out. OR it’s dark and scary with noises and whatnot that make me jumpy. What they do with my lint out there, is none of my business. That is my motto.

If I need any spare lint, I can always just check out my pant pockets.

It doesn’t seem to loud but it is on the other side of the garage way far away from the rest of the house. The beep it makes when it is done is barely audible in the house unless we are totally silent.

When I read another review someone complained about the beeping the buttons make but either mine is broken or I figured a way to turn that off. I probably broke it.

So, on to the drying. It dries. However, if you fill this monstrosity to the gills, it will take a long time to get everything dry. Especially the stuff all wrapped up like a deuce in the middle of the drum. Even though my washer can wash that amount of clothes, it doesn’t mean the dryer can dry them all well in a timely fashion. I break them up into two loads.

My comforter, sheets, and towels like to wrap themselves up in jeans and other clothes. I have to get in there an untangle them to get them dry. But that is avoidable if I separate those clothes that don’t get alone well.

That was a big selling point on this dryer for me. I hated having to go to the laundry mat to wash just my comforter or blanket. Oh, mixing with the unwashed heathens at the laundry mat! AND that fiery orb in the sky! Always watching. Always judging. Always burning me! So glad I got this dryer.

I can’t tell you how much energy I am saving over my old Whirlpool. I never paid much attention to such things. I am just taking it on faith that this one is saving me some money somehow. Definitely saving me emotional and physical stress of going to the laundry mat. Also the time and gas money it would take to go out.

So that’s it.

Thanks for reading. Have a good one.

Whirlpool Cabrio electric dryer

from Vancouver WA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Leaves Clothes Damp

• Bulky Items
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Sheets & Mattress Covers
  • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have had my Whirlpool Cabrio dryer for about five months now and use it nearly every day. With three children and a new puppy I find myself doing laundry more than I would like these days. The nice thing about this particular dryer is that it can handle many different loads. I've washed everything from blankets to underwear and I like that it has settings for either. This dryer is much more user friendly than my last one was and it has multiple options that you can choose from depending on what you are drying. I also like that it has a simple timer so that if by some chance one of their settings doesn't fit your needs, you can set the timer for however long you would like.

My only complaint is that while this is a large capacity dryer, it does on occasion leave clothing damp if you over fill it. I have the matching washer as well and you would think that a load the washer is able to handle would be just as easy for the dryer. I have found that sometimes even after the longest hottest setting my jeans are still damp in the pocket area. Usually I empty the dryer and run the jeans through for about ten minutes longer. This is not a deal breaker for me and really is my only complaint.

very very nice

from Jordan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet
  • Works Quickly

• Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Sheets & Mattress Covers
    • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone

This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use

I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful.
    This is one of the fastest dryers I have ever used. Doesn't seem to matter if I am drying a load of towels, a load of jeans or heavy comforters and quilts, my clothes are snugly soft and dry in no time at all.
    completely gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
    it's very nice and good i can not live without it

Whirlpool Cabrio Electric Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I really like my Whirlpool Cabrio Electric Dryer. One of the first things that attracted me to this dryer was the color. Most dryers tend to be white in color, this one however, is black. The black color scheme fits better into my house so I was happy to find a black dryer. The Whirlpool Cabrio Electric Dryer has a feature called AcclerCare Drying System. This is a new air drying technique that allows loads of clothes to be dried in only 30 minutes. If you do laundry a lot then you know how quick that is. This not only helps save you time when doing laundry, but also helps to save on your electric bill since the dryer is not on has long. The dryer I had before this use to take 60 minutes to dry a load of laundry, so this dryer only takes half the time. The Whirlpool Cabrio Electric Dryer also features a Drum light, a see-through window on the dryer door, wrinkle shield plus, and a quiet sound feature. This dryer does not make much noise when running and helps to get wrinkles out of clothes. However all I am very happy with this purchase.

Whrilpool Cabrio Clothes Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We purchased this dryer in conjuction with the matching washing machine. Because the washing machine wrings so much of the water out of the clothes the drying time is extremely short. What used to take an hour has been reduced to about half the time. We would highly recommend this clothes dryer to anybody in the market for a new one.

Load Capacity
    large drum allows for heavy loads to be dryed instead of multiple loads.

Love my Cabrio!

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I've had my Cabrio matching black washer and dryer since 2008, and I have no complaints! I have 3 kids and it seems like laundry is never finished in my house, and I will admit that most loads are on the heavier side and my Cabrio gas dryer does a magnificent job!

Load Capacity
    Heavy loads are no problem here! With three kids sometimes my loads are HUGE, but this dryer handles it like a dream!

This dryer does an amazing job drying all of those big loads. When I do laundry I have to set it and forget it, I don't have to mess with pulling out special shirts, or worrying about how different materials are going to hold up. I have 3 kids, and trust me this dryer does it all! from soccer uniforms, to dance leotards, to dress clothes and costumes, to pretty sweaters, to husbands dirty uniforms, I am a satisfied customer!

Yup, absolutely LOVE this dryer, it is shiny and black. My laundry room is a huge walk-in one and I love how nice this black set looks in there. Especially since I spend so much time in my laundry room!
    The buttons are also very durable. I say this because I know that on most electronic stuff, the buttons, especially the ones that get used a lot are usually one of the first things to go. But not on the Cabrio. The button have lasted 5 years and they are going strong!

• Load Capacity:

It's not the heat, it's the humidity!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

If I need any spare lint, I can always just check out my pant pockets.

So that’s it.

Thanks for reading. Have a good one.

HUGE dryer gets the job done

from Harrisonburg, VA

A Very Good Dryer

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The Whirlpool Cabrio Electric Dryer WED6400S is a really efficient dryer that manages a really huge load. My other dryer was way smaller than this and I am thankful that I now have this wonderful product from Whirlpool to assist me with my laundry. This Whirlpool dryer allows me to finish my laundry duties a lot quicker due to the huge capacity that it can take. I love the overall design of the product and that really had an impact on whether or not I should make the purchase. I also really like the fact that this dryer is much quieter than my previous dryer which I got rid of. This was another major selling point for me as the amount of noise that my previous dryer was making I knew that there was definitely something wrong with it so I set out to try to find a better dryer and came across this one from Whirlpool. Whirlpool always makes terrific products that I tend to like and this dryer just goes to show the strength of the Whirlpool brand to its customers.

This has been the best dryer I have ever owned.

from Greenfield, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This has been the most dependable dryer I have ever owned. With a family of 5 we are doing 2-3 loads of laundry per day.

The machine has large capacity and has yet to fail under any volume. I enthusiastically endorse this product.

Whirlpool WED 6400S Electric Dryer - great but slow to dry.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The Whirlpool WED 6400S Electric Dryer was a great price at a local store and we happily had it moved into our new home where it has been getting it's job done but it could be better. I often have to check the dryer to see if clothes are done after a full cycle and add an additional 5-20 minutes of dry time because clothes are usually still wet if they are heavy or thick fabric (jeans, towels, blankets, etc). With lightweight clothing and sheets it dries well and quickly. I have ended up using the manual controls almost exclusively as the automated settings cannot be altered in time or dryness and that can be frustrating if extra time needs to be added. The controls are fairly straightforward although it did take a little while to get used to it all. I like the clear viewing section on the front of the dryer and so does my child! It has been fine but be prepared to check dryness and add time.