Other Dishwashers:
DU1055XTVQ, DU1055XTVB, DU1055XTVS

Pros

Cons

Whirlpool Quiet Partner Gets Dishes Clean the First Time

Dishwashers were once perceived as a luxury, but they have slowly become more and more commonplace and many consider a dishwasher a necessary part of any kitchen. I appreciate dishwashers more than ever before and I realize their usefulness not only as a time saving device, but also as an energy saving appliance. After my last dishwasher drew its final breath, I immediately began shopping for a replacement and the appliance I ended up buying is the **Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher, Model DU1055XTS**, a medium- priced dishwasher with all the basics plus a little bit more. **Dishwasher Commentary:**Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is a four- cycle dishwasher with status lights to let you know which phase of the washing cycle is running at a given moment. Along with the four cycles, there are also several options available to choose from. These include a High Temp Wash, Sani- Rinse, and Heated Dry. The inside of the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher has a design typical of most dishwashers in many ways, with an upper and lower rack and a spray arm on the top and bottom of the dishwasher, directing water in several directions to get dishes as thoroughly clean as possible. Silverware is washed by placing it inside the door- mounted basket and this dishwasher includes dispensers for soap (two cups- one open, one closed) and a special dispenser for rinsing agent. A food disposer helps to grind up particles of food before sending them down the drain and an insulated body keeps sound to a minimum. This Whirlpool appliance is also Energy Star qualified, and thus is operates very efficiently. **  **Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher Model DU1055XTS is a nice, sturdy, quiet dishwasher that offers a fairly large capacity and the ability to get dishes clean after running a single cycle. Many factors are important when purchasing a dishwasher, but the ability to clean dishes is obviously the one that matters most. I have had only moderate success in the cleaning category with past dishwashers and I was never sure if I should blame the detergent, the water hardness level, or the dishwasher itself. However, the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is an appliance that gets dishes clean the first time. I usually use the normal wash cycle without any of the special options. This is all it takes to produce clean, sanitized dishes and I am grateful that I don't have to run the dishes through a second cycle.  This Whirlpool Dishwasher gets dishes clean with ease, but part of the reason it is able to clean so well is the length of the washing cycles. In fact, based on the selections you make, this Whirlpool dishwasher can take up to three and one- half hours to finish a cycle! This is why you need to be careful when you select your cycle and option combinations. Selecting Pots and Pans cycle, along with Sani- Rinse and heated drying will result in a very long cycle process and unless your dishes are extremely dirty, this cycle will likely prove to be a waste of time and energy. I try to stick with the Normal cycle, no special options, and no heated drying. This helps to save energy and it results in a reasonable amount of cycle time while still getting dishes clean.  Another positive aspect of the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is the low noise level. It turns out that "Quiet Partner" isn't just a nice sounding name intended to help sell the appliance. The Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher really is a quiet machine and the special sound insulation is the main reason. This helps to filter out the sound and make for a quiet run each time the dishwasher is operating. Now, keep in mind that the term "Quiet Partner" should not be interpreted in the literal sense- there is still some noise, and you will certainly know if/when the dishwashing is running. But the operation isn't distracting in any way and it doesn't interfere with hearing the television, phone, or anything else. As much as I like my Whirlpool Quiet Partner, it does have a few qualities I wish were different. What I like least is the lack of a digital display showing the amount of time left in the cycle. The only time indication you have with the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is the status light, which indicates the point in the cycle that is presently in process: Washing, Drying, Clean, or Sanitized. This is better than nothing, but it still leaves you guessing about the actual time remaining. Another small problem is with the flatware basket. This basket is long, narrow, and fits onto the inside of the door. This is great in some ways, for it frees up space on the bottom rack to be used for dishes. It is also very handy for unloading purposes because the entire basket can easily be lifted out and taken directly to the drawer where your silverware is stored. But the bad thing about this basket is its tendency to trap some of the flatware. The basket is shallow and it has a cover that can be pulled over each of its sections. The cover and the shallow design mean that some knives, forks, and spoons are likely to get stuck. You can still remove them, of course, but the inconvenience negates some of the door- mounted basket's advantages.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

The Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is a very nice appliance with an attractive stainless steel body, useful dispensers, quiet operation, and good dish cleaning ability. I would like to have a digital readout showing the minutes remaining and a slight redesign of the flatware basket would be helpful. But the Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher is still a very good appliance and it is one I recommend.

It's Quiet!

I love the fact that this dishwasher is so quiet.  I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and we all seem to gather around the kitchen table to visit when we have company so having a quiet dishwasher was important to me.  That said, it doesn't always seem to dry the dishes properly.  I don't know if it's because we have well water but if I happen to run out of rinse agent the dishes will all be dripping wet when the cycle is finished.

Quiet, but poor quality

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

This machine has required many repairs that I have done myself. The first two repairs would have cost more than the machine and therefore caused the purchase of a new one. But, I am able to diagnose and repair many things, so I continue to deal with this thing.

Noise Level
It is a quiet machine. It has an extra layer of insulation around the outside keeping noise down. As well as a decent amount of insulation behind the toe kick. But it isn't as quiet as a Bosch.

Cleaning Time
The cycles are always 80 or more minutes. That seems excessive to me.

Loading Flexibility
It will accept lots of different shaped dishes and pots. The upper rack can be raised and lowered depending on what you need to do. The silverware holder can be easily removed and carried, but it opens up easily too. And it falls off easily while loading/unloading.

Performance depends on the last time I performed maintenance. This machine needs an annual tear down for cleaning and parts replacements. Otherwise, it will stop cleaning the upper rack. And, it really doesn't clean the lower rack as well either.

The design is okay. It looks okay. It performs okay. It is easy to install and it's not too bad to take apart. But, quality is part of design, and this thing doesn't have it. See Durability.

The stupid machine is falling apart. The plastic liner is warped, the door for the soap is about to completely break off. It has to be torn down every year to replace parts and clean it up. The control panel has started to break because it too is made out of a weak plastic. This thing has been such a disappointment.

Cleaning With No Mercy

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Overall, this dishwasher is a marvelous addition to our home. While it isn't a perfect ten, it is really close. This dishwasher is just a well-rounded one that deserves the recognition it gets.

Noise Level
While this dishwasher works well, it is a tiny bit louder than I would like for it to be. It sort of does this shaky, vibrating noise. While you can barely hear it, it's quite evident on those nights when everything is quite and you try to read a book.

Cleaning Time
The speed of this machine is by far one of its greatest assets. Usually a moderately packed load takes roughly 45 minutes to an hour. I just love being able to finish all my dish washing in a few hours.

Loading Flexibility
You can put pretty much anything in this dishwasher to wash. It's quite roomy so it allows for those large items to easily fit inside of it.

It works fast, looks nice, and gets the job done. A very well rounded machine.

The design is great, but I wish there would be a bit more modernization in it. It's simple, but at the same time I wish it would have a slicker design to it.

I have had this machine for about 2-3 years and it wirks great. After my old dishwasher broke, I was forced to buy a cheaper dishwasher. This one right here was a great price and has worked like it's brand new.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Buying this Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher was a good decision. I was looking for something economical and get the job done of cleaning dishes well. it only took a few minutes to install. All the water lines and power cord were of sufficient length. No adaptations were needed while hooking everything up. The control panel is easy to read and easy to use. The exterior of the dishwasher is easy to keep clean. A simple wipe down with a damp cloth is all that is needed. I found the exterior to be very durable and resisted scratches, dents and dings. The racks inside are easy to pull out to fill with dirty dishes and slide back in. I found the water spray to be efficient in removing the food off the dishes. Everything always comes out clean. There is a slight noise while the dishwasher is running and filling with water, but it isn't unbearable or overly distracting. I found this dishwasher to be energy efficient also. I did not notice an increase in my electrical bill.

Good one.

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We had this Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU1055XTVQ / DU1055XTVB / DU1055XTVS installed in our last apartment which I was quite happy to find out and Whirlpool is a good name when it comes to kitchen appliances and washing machines. I used it for about two years before we moved out. It is smaller when I compare it to the recent one I am using but it kind of sufficient for a small family. You can decide to run the washer every alternate day or so depending on the dishes. I used to run it every alternate day or after we had guests over. The utensils came out clean except for some broken glasses at times, probably because I was not so good at loading the dishwasher at that time. It required regular cleaning from inside, I used to do it weekly to take the scum off the walls. I will recommend this dishwasher to anyone with small family and small space. This is a reliable machine that will last for a long time.

Not consistent

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We had this exact same dishwasher in our last home and it was excellent, so upon moving into a new home we bought another. This one is nowhere near as good as the last one. It does not clean as well nor dry as well. The water used for both is soft so I'm not sure why there is such a difference. We are also using the same type of detergent.

Noise Level
This is not the most quiet dishwasher I have ever heard, but also not the noisiest. It seems about average to me. I usually set the timer so it runs overnight and I won't hear it.

Cleaning Time
The cycle times seem about average. It was noted in the manual that the first wash or two it would run for a really long time and after thst it would not be so long, and this was exactly true.

This dishwasher is not as good as the exact same make and model that I had at my last house. The previous one would get every thing clean the first time, including tea and coffee stains with no pre-rinsing. This one leaves food on utensils and cookware if not pre-rinsed, and it does not get tea or coffee stains out of cups or mugs. Also, even if the rinse agent dispenser is full and the "heated dry" cycle is chosen, many items are still wet after the load is done.

We have had this dishwasher for almost 5 years and have had no need for repairs.

Pretty basic and cheap

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

When my husband and I bought our house 5 years ago, this Whirlpool dishwasher was part of the appliances that were in the kitchen when we moved in. All our appliances are white Whirlpool ones and looked fairly nice at first. We soon discovered that they are basically the low-end, cheap models. It was really nice to not have to purchase new appliances, but this dishwasher is not great. First of all, it does have good qualities like the variety of settings and the ease of use. A few months ago, however, I noticed that it started running much louder than it ever has. It has always been fairly loud, but it didn't bother me until recently. Lately it is so loud that it has woken my son up from naps. There doesn't appear to be anything broken or wrong with it, just that it runs much louder now. It has never done a great job cleaning, but I don't know of any dishwashers that do. Sometimes I have to wash half of the dishes again to get them clean. The most aggravating thing about this dishwasher, though, is that I cannot get it clean no matter what I do. The outside looks fairly nice except for staining at the vent area, but the inside looks filthy. I have used several different cleaning products to try to get my dishwasher clean, but nothing seems to work. We do not have hard water and I live in a suburb of a large city where we have clean water. When I purchase a new dishwasher, I will definitely research which ones stay clean because I had no idea this would be such a big factor. All in all, it's been an okay dishwasher. I will continue to use it until I can afford to buy a new one.

Whirlpool is Reliable

from Louisiana

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Whirlpool's products are always very reliable and Whirlpool is a name you can trust. Whirlpool's Built-In Dishwasher is no different. We owned a Whirlpool dishwasher and it lasted for years without any problems. The only reason we finally got a new one was because we wanted a nicer and newer looking one. While this model is built for durability, the appearance could be nicer. It is just a basic dishwasher in appearance. There aren't any fancy bells and whistles, but it does get the job done. You can use liquid dish soap, powder, or even those little pods and your dishes come out spotless every time. The dishwasher isn't particularly noisy and the cycle length is about average. It does a great job of cleaning and it isn't too abrasive on your more delicate kitchenware. It's a great value for the price. Dishwashers are not cheap, but this one does last, so at least you do get your money's worth.

• Loading Flexibility:

This dishwasher is fairly good.

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher does a decent job of washing dishes but only if you do a good job of rinsing off your utensils and dishes before placing them in the dishwasher. Unfortunately it is somewhat noisy so I never run my dishwasher just as we are going to bed since our master bedroom is not far from our kitchen. I do like the setup of the dishwasher in that you can place alot of dishes and utensils in there before you run a load so I basically run it about twice a week.

Noise Level
Definitely noisy and I think it would be an issue for anyone who runs the dishwasher if you could hear it while attempting to watch television or listen to music.

Cleaning Time
I use the heated drying function which makes the full cycle take a good hour but if you do not use the heated cycle, the cycle will be about fifteen minutes shorter.

Loading Flexibility
I think it fares weel here because it has a separate compartment to hold your utensils that can be removed from the back of the front of the dishwasher and there is plenty of space for larger dishes on the bottom rack.

It does a fairly good job but you must rinse off dishes prior to putting in dishwasher.

Think the design is exceptable.

We have had our dishwasher for eight years and have not had any problems and it has not required any repairs.

User Friendly Dishwasher

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Good dishwasher for your buck - Not top of the line yet you can't go wrong with Whirlpool. We've had our dishwasher for five years and it's never failed us. There are lots of cleaning options. The only complaint is that the cycles run a very long and it's not very quiet.

Noise Level
It has a quiet option but you can still hear it. Newer models are quieter I have found.

Loading Flexibility
Cups and small items fit easily on the top rack and plates and larger items fit on the bottom rack. I wish the bottom rack would be a little taller though to fit large cutting boards.

Never had a problem with performance.

It's a classic design that won't go out of style. The stainless steel option is more modern than the white.

• Loading Flexibility:

Efficient, no water spots, but noisy

from Providence, UT

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We just bought this last summer and installed it ourselves with little problems. We use the Finish powerball tabs that the appliance center told us to and we've had no troubles with spotting. The lower rack is cleaned powerfully enough that I don't have to scrub the dishes before loading. The dishwasher does not stink, so I feel that it is sanitizing very well. The only thing is that this is pretty noisy, even compared to our previous, 10 year old dishwasher. But other than that, I love it.

Noise Level
slightly noisy, mostly sounds of rushing water

Cleaning Time
average I'd say, but there are different options for more heavy duty or lighter loads.

Loading Flexibility
Again, it's just a standard dishwasher.

No water spotting, no smell, that's a WIN.

it's a dishwasher. Nothing fancy here.

The only reason I don't give it a 5 is because we've only had it for about 8 months, so it's hard to determine the life of it.