Other Dishwashers:
Models:
GU2800XTVS, GU2800XTVB, GU2800XTVQ, GU2800XTVY
Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher

Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

• Attractive (10)
  • Cleans well (10)
  • Easy to load (10)
  • Energy efficient (7)
  • Simple controls (7)

Cons

• Long cycle (7)
  • Loud (3)

• General purpose (8)
  • Commercial kitchens (6)
  • Small kitchens (6)
  • Large kitchen (3)
  • Pots and pans (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (7), Gourmet chef (5)
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5), I received a sample (5)

The Whirlpool Gold is by far the best dishwasher I've ever had!

After reviewing and searching countless dishwashers, we finally settled on this one and am I ever glad we did!!! This is absolutely the best dishwasher we have ever owned.  I very rarely find a dish with as much as a spot on it. Not only is it highly functional, but it's also very sleek and stylish in design! I absolutely love the hidden control panel on top.

I really like that the top rack is adjustable so that if we have a large crowd for dinner and tons of plates or large items, we just move the top rack down and put plates in both the top and bottom. I also really like the Adaptive Wash feature, which adapts according to the soil level which saves time and money!  I also really appreciate the 4 hour delay feature that I set right before bed so that it runs during non-peak hours and saves even more energy than this Energy-Saving model already saves!

I have mixed feelings about the door-mounted silverware holder.  While it saves an enormous amount of dish space, you can also not place long utensils on the far left as it will keep the dishwasher tab compartment from opening during wash and therefore the detergent will not release.  This small hinderence does not affect my opinion of this amazing machine!

The Instruction Manual states that it is important to ensure that you always use a rinse aid, and it indeed makes a HUGE difference with this model.

Overall, I would absolutely purchase this again.  We have owned it for a year now and have had absolutely no issues with it.  Great purchase!

Buy another brand

Whirlpool should be a great quality product you can trust and belive in and know you're buying the right product when you see that name on it, but this is not the case with their dishwashers.  Unfortunatly, even their higher priced dishwashers that come just short of their KithchenAid brand dishwashers in price don't seem to perform much better than their entry models.  It's a common misconception that having the silverware in the door is a good thing, but this only allows water to hit them from one side and if they're not all perfectly aligned when you put them in they won't get clean.  I've also had numerous problems with the detergent door not opening during the cycle so you think they're all done and you open the door only to find that you have to redo the cycle because the dishwashing detergent never released during the cycle.  I regret buying a high-end Whirlpool dishwasher and should have spent it on another brand that cleans better and performs better.

Great value for the price

from Outside US

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Cleans Well
  • Energy Efficient

Cons

• Doesn't Dry Well
  • Long Cycle

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

It has a plastic tube interior and a vinly rack, and it does three wash cycles but that can be increased to four cycles if need be. A nice addition to the kitchen at a good price too.

The design is attractive and you do not need to pre-wash before loading your plates in, it washes very thoroughly. Even oil stains, egg yolk left-overs on the plate that have become dry, two-day old food sauce and stuff like that. Just load them in, and they come out clean, though not totally dry. Some of the dishes and cups might still be a bit wet. The dishwasher consumes considerably less energy, and that is another plus.

The cycle is a bit long though, about two and a half hours, however if you are in a haste you can shorten it to one hour. But for dishes with glued left-overs, it is better to let the machine run its full cycle for best results.

Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher is reliable, I mean it can run twice a day for months without any hiccup. And it does not make loud noises, imagine having a great dishwasher that makes annoying noises. That would be really frustrating.

maroc

from thank you

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Thoroughly

• Commercial Kitchens

thank you that Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher very

Pretty great

from ferndale, washington

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Cleans Well
  • Easy To Load
  • Energy Efficient
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Long Cycle
  • Loud

• Smaller Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

As a new homeowner, my finances are still fairly low so I bought this as a rent to own dishwasher, glad I did because this comes with a two year warranty that covers any type of damage. My family is extremely hard on all of our appliances so we make sure to buy warranties that cover accidental damages and so on and so forth. With this dishwasher however, we haven't used the warranty at all in the six months that we have had this specific dishwasher. There are upsides and downsides to any product that you buy but with this one there are way more pros than cons. For example, this dishwasher is very powerful and cleans things off of our dishes with ease and leaves zero water spots or leftover food or grime. Also, this dishwasher is self cleaning, the filter doesn't need to be cleaned or replaced it cleans itself during washing a load of dishes. One downside is that if you do not use metal clamps and bolt the dishwasher into the wall or a cupboard than it rattles against the floor making it be very loud. As it is, this dishwasher is already pretty loud when washing and rinsing so I definitely would not suggest it for an apartment complex or upper floor of a house or duplex if there is anyone living below you. I strongly suggest lowering the heat settings on this dishwasher though if you are washing any baby bottles, sippy cups, or silicone baby bottle nipples. I had several melt in this dishwasher before i learned how to turn the heat setting down. Other than just a few very minor fixable problems, this dishwasher is excellent quality and easy as pie to use. I would definitely recommend this dishwasher to anyone who likes having clean and sanitary dishes.

i like it and i will talk about it for my friends

from amman,jordan

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Cleans Well
  • Easy To Load
  • Energy Efficient
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Long Cycle

• Commercial Kitchens
  • Larger Kitchens
  • Pots and Pans

very niiice

Great dishwasher!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

While shopping for a new dishwasher for the kitchen of our new house, we found the Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher, The price was good and it matches our new refrigerator very well. We wanted something that would be quiet and get our dishes clean, and this satisfied that need very nicely! It is designed to be built in with the counters, instead of standing out on its own, so it completes my kitchen instead of looking out of place or cluttered. It washes the dishes quickly and thoroughly, giving me sparkling clean dishes without the boring hassle of hand washing them. It is very easy to load, and I can get quite a few dishes in there at once, which is important since we are a family of five. I can even fit my larger pots and pans in there (you can actually adjust the rack to more easily fit larger dishes in there), so I don't have to hand wash them either. I really like that the controls are hidden, because my kids like to push buttons and turn knobs on things. This machine is well built, works wonderfully and is very reasonably priced. So if you are looking for a new dishwasher, I highly recommend you check this one out!

• Loading Flexibility:

Clean dishes as you could expect a dishwasher to do.

from Statesboro, Ga

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We have lived at our house for a little over four years now and we haven't had too many issues with our dishwasher. One problem we have had that occasionally happens is that when the dishwasher runs on a certain cycle water will leak onto the floor on one side of the dishwasher. We have called customer support about this issue but they tell us to call repair man in town.

Noise Level
I'm not sure if any dishwasher is necessarily quiet, however this particular dishwasher runs pretty loud. My husband likes to turn it on as we are going to bed so that it will be clean when we get up, but it keeps me up so he had to stop doing that.

Cleaning Time
It takes forever to wash dishes with this dishwasher. On the normal cycle it takes about an hour and a half to run through. Still much shorter timeframe that it would take to hand wash everything however.

Loading Flexibility
You can't just be shelving inside so there's not a whole lot of flexibility when it comes to loading.

Other than the dishwasher leaking on the floor it is been a great dishwasher and cleans the dishes well.

I like the design of the dishwasher. The silver against a black on the front makes it look very sleek and modern to match with the rest of my appliances. It also is nice how they do the spacing inside designing it to fit the maximum amout of dishes that it was able to.

Nothing is broken in the dishwasher or melted however we have had issue with the water leaking on the floor.

Good Dishwasher for the Money

from Woodridge, IL

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We bought this dishwasher about 14 months ago, and it generally works pretty well. Good buy for the money, and it has some great options for different cycles.

Noise Level
The noise level on this one is not bad. We've had dishwashers before that we hated because they were so loud, and we would have to wait to use it until after we went to sleep because we couldn't hear the TV in the next room over the noise. This one does not have that problem.

Cleaning Time
There's a 1-hour option that we use all the time, and it does actually only take one hour. The regular and eco cycles are fairly long, though, so that's why I'm giving this one a 9 rather than a 10.

Loading Flexibility
I wouldn't say there's a lot of flexibility technically, but it's spacious enough and accommodates what we need.

Pretty good performance, though we do have to rinse fairly well to make sure most food is off the dishes before we load. This is probably because we use the 1-hour wash. I'm guessing it would do fine with really dirty dishes if we used the "heavy" mode.

Seems fine.

Great Dishwasher.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

I would say that Whirlpool without a doubt makes the best dishwashers. This is probably the best dishwasher I've ever had, and it makes doing the dishes fast, easy, and enjoyable. It gets my dishes clean, and dry every time I use it, and I've never had a dirty dish after using this dishwasher. I never have to re rinse any of my dishes either.

Noise Level
It's quiet and I can't hear it most of the time, unless I'm really paying attention to it. It's definitely a lot less noisy then other dishwashers.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is about the same as any other dishwasher. I wouldn't say it's fast, but I can't complain because it gets my dishes squeaky clean and dry every time. I would say it takes about an hour every time I use the dishwasher.

Loading Flexibility
You can load a lot of dishes into this machine, and it has room for just about any pot, pan, or dish that you need to wash all at once. I like the silverware tray on the door, and I like that the top shelf can be adjusted to my preference.

I've never had any problems with this dishwasher, and I don't have any complaints about it. It does a great job at cleaning my dishes and getting all of the left over good off of them. It gets everything clean in only one cycle, and I never find myself having to rewash any of my dishes. It's definitely a high preforming dishwasher!

This dishwasher looks great. The design is very durable and is made of good quality materials. I think the silver and the black looks very modern and chic. It looks great in any kitchen.

I have had this dishwasher for years, I have used it everyday, and I've never had any problems with it so it must be really durable. It will definitely last me for many more years to come.

Decent Dishwasher

from Utah

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Our rental house came with this Whirlpool dishwasher, and we have definitely enjoyed its benefits (especially since we had no dishwasher for our first year of marriage). But it also has some drawbacks, so I wouldn't give it an overly high rating.

The dishwasher has an adjustment for light and heavy loads. But if the knob gets turned to light, even accidentally, it cannot be turned back to heavy until the dishwasher runs through a cycle and the knob rotates around for the start of a new load. This is very inconvenient with a young child who likes to play with the knobs.

This dishwasher had been used for several years before we moved in, and it hasn't rusted or shown signs of going bad. But we did have one rather strange thing break on it. The door is held on by two brackets that have springs holding them. When the bottom tray is pulled out, it sits on the door, and if it is full, then the door needs to hold quite a bit of weight. The spring holding the bracket on one side broke, rendering that bracket useless. The single remaining bracket was not nearly strong enough to hold the weight of the tray, so we were unable to pull the bottom tray out until we fixed the spring.

• Loading Flexibility:

Dishes always come out clean and ready to use!

from Crofton, MD

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Great dishwasher. This is the best dishwasher I have ever had. It is eight years old and has only had very minor issues. Dishes always come out clean and the varying settings allow you to get a perfect wash. This is the fourth house I have live in and the best dishwasher of them all.

Noise Level
While the dishwasher is running, it is barely noticeable. Very quiet and runs very smooth.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time varies depending on settings and load. From my perspective, the time is slightly less than a typical for a dishwasher.

Loading Flexibility
The top tray can be lower, there are racks that can be folder down and there is several compartments for loading additional smaller items.

Runs clean and great! No serious issues and continues to do a good job.

The dishwasher looks very nice in our kitchen and goes well with the rest of our GE appliances.

Used daily with kids, still runs great and continues to be a very reliable part of our busy family's necessity.