3.8

Cons

Avoid This Machine

from Lawrenceville, NJ

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Do NOT purchase this machine. The ice maker died and now leaks water on my floor every day. We paid $100 for a service man to come out to tell us we needed to put in a new ice maker for $350. It broke exactly 12 months after the purchase so not refund - or replacement!!!!!

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Whirlpool Bottom Freezer sized for small Galley use.

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Good for small apartments, mobile homes, etc. However, note: having the freezer on the bottom GETS old fast!

Noise Level
Fairly noisy and know that it has a bloody problem with the freezer being on the bottom.

Interior Organization
The lamp location makes large jugs in the fridge almost impossible to put on top. And the side of the fridge is still requiring small holding items. The two veggie and meat bins are small. They could go back to the engineering department, because the interior could be so much better now that we are in the 21 century!! The freezer WILL stay open if you fail to load it right, the bottom is a metal basket, which holds somethings, but not everything does well in this format. We've come out twice, with the freezer open, because the basket failed to push in completely requiring us to throw food out. It's been recalled for this problem more than once by the company.

Temperature Control
Not consistant.

It's not that easy, and full glass shelving is good, but not fantastic.

The biggest problem, is the freezer, that will stay open, if not loaded right, thereby causing the overall fridge to stay on, and overheat. NO warning lights, alarms, nothing.

the overhead design of the light and temperature gauge in the fridge, is wayyyy to big for the size of the actual machine, and dangles low causing us to not be able to put ice tea jugs, etc in except the sides of the machine. The shelves are basic glass, okay but a 1980's, design for big money. The bottom freeze is a mistake with metal basket that can't be removed except with the door completely open (we can't do that, our galley kitchen won't allow), so it can't be removed for cleaning. The metal basket only holds stuff that is LARGE or prepared, is nasty to small items falling through. the rack as shelving is also very wide gauge apart, so no small items work there, either. only ONE door shelf for small items such as popcicles, butter, ice packs, or juice containers. Just letting you know.

Stylish & Functional

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

My new Whirlpool fridge looks great in my kitchen. We just started renovating this area and the addition of this new fridge makes the kitchen look new and modern. I love the freezer on the bottom. I also love the huge fridge door, which allows for maximum storage. Very functional fridge and stylish looking.

Noise Level
This fridge is extremely quiet. I believe I only heard the fridge once late at night when I came out to get a drink. It's by far the quietest fridge I've ever owned.

Interior Organization
There is a lot of room on the door of the fridge to store condiments and beverages. There's also a butter compartment. The interior of the fridge itself has four adjustable shelves and two removable drawers, one for fruit and one for vegetables.

Temperature Control
The temperature control is easy to use, simply touch the button for the fridge or freezer to make the settings go up or down. The control panel is located in the fridge at the top, front and center. The manual recommends setting both controls at 4, which seems to keep everything both in the fridge and freezer at the perfect temperature.

The shelves and the drawers can be removed for easy cleaning or you can wipe them down while still inside the fridge.

This fridge seems like it will last a long time. It definitely seems built to last.

The fridge is very stylish and modern looking. It gave my outdated kitchen a fresh, new look.

Whirpool Bottom Freezer Refrigerator

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We love our Whirpool freezer on bottom refrigerator - Lots of space on top with ease to reach the things we use more frequently. Freezer does seem a little small but works for us. Easy slide in and out for the freezer with plenty of ice all the time. Easy to clean and quiet!
Easy to clean exterior with plenty of space to store those magnets or your childrens artwork. Nice big bins to store fruits and vegetables. Large shelf areas to store different types of foods and to organize. Stays cold and has plenty of room to store large party platters and oversize items. Freezer has multiple storage compartments to seperate items and keep organized as well. We always have ample amounts of ice and it makes it quietly and quickly. Overall we are happy with our new purchase. Easy to clean - with parts that are easily removed for cleaning and reorganizing. I love having the freezer on the bottom.

Works Great!

from Decatur, IL

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I ussually do quite a extensive research on my home appliances online before I go out and actually purchase the item..I look up the various models, prices, and reviews so I can get the best that my money can afford to get. This time I didn't have quite the luxery because my husband and I don't own a truck so we had to choose a retailer that would also deliver and install the appliance in our home. So..instead of doing all the online research I just checked the store on a regular basis to see the different models, new models, and for good sales prices. That is what lead me to this fridge..I knew I wanted a regular fridge as the side-to-side models just didn't have enough freezer space for us in our previous home..and this fridge happened to have a good sale. :)

Great economical refrigerator!

from South Windsor, CT

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

My old fridge unexpectedly died on me a few months ago, and suddenly I was in the market for a new fridge, without really knowing anything about them in the first place. The abundance of options was overwhelming! My boyfriend suggested I get a bottom-freezer fridge (since he and I are both tall) and that definitely narrowed down my options. So after a little bit of research and running around to several stores, I ended up with a white, 18 cu. ft, bottom-freezer Whirpool refrigerator. I'm really glad I went with the bottom-freezer model, even though it's a little more expensive and harder to find than the standard top-freezer refrigerators. It's so convenient to not have to lean down to reach for items in my fridge. Sure, I have to lean down to reach stuff in my freezer, but I use the freezer a lot less anyhow. In the future I'd love to upgrade to a higher-quality stainless steel refrigerator, but for now, this economical one serves its purpose just fine!

I love my refrigerator! Whirlpool Gold is just that!

from Fountain, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

My Grandmother had a bottom freezer when I was a child.  I loved being able to see and retrieve frozen items for her without getting on a step stool to see.  Now I own one that has made my life easier.  I searched long and hard for the right color and size.  It was just an added bonus to have all the great organizing capabilities that my Whirlpool Gold has.  I love the ease of getting things in and out.  The glass shelves help locate all the hidden goodies in the back that are normally missed by larger item in the front.  The amount of space in the door for storage is just amazing!  My husband was afraid to put milk gallons and pop there at first until he saw how incredibly strong and well made this product was.

My Grand children love being able to open the freezer and get their favorite breakfast food without having to have an adult help.  They run stating " I can do it myself Gramma!"  They are so proud and enjoy looking to see if  Gramma has put some frozen goodies in there as well!

The Energy Star rating was also a bonus and I have realized the monthly decrease in my electric bill.  Thank you Whirl Pool.

Great Whirlpool refridgerator with plenty of space in door.

from Pompeys Pillar, MT

Comments about Whirlpool Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Great fridge with plenty of space in the door for putting milk and such.  Adjustable shelves in the door and fridge itself.  Nice slide out basket in freezer on bottom so a person always knows what is in the freezer and nothing gets old cause you forgot it there.