Other Microwave Ovens:
Whirlpool
WMH32517AT
Whirlpool Bisque Microwave Hood Combination

Summary

WHIRLPOOL BISQUE MICROWAVE HOOD COMBINATION - WMH32517BT. 1.7 CU. FT. CAPACITY. SENSOR COOKING. STEAM COOKING. RECESSED, STOPPABLE GLASS TURNTABLE. HIDDEN VENT. 1,000 WATTS COOKING POWER. 3-SPEED FAN. 300 CFM. 10 LEVEL VARIABLE COOKING. NIGHT LIGHT. COOKING RACK. BISQUE FINISH

Best microwave I've had so far.

I love the sleekness of the black style, and its extremely convenient that it hangs over my oven and has a light underneath! It also reminds you a few minutes after it has finished microwaving to get your food out of it. It is very simple to use and very large which enables me to use it with countless other things. Ease of Cleaning A little hard to clean the inside.

Great microwave

When I built my townhouse one of the upgrades was this microwave. I upgraded to have an under the cabinet microwave versus on the countertop microwave. This microwave never gave me any problems at all. It heated to the temperature of my desire. Cleaning was very easy. Besides the position, of being high above the stove. I would always have to use a step stool to reach. But always cleaned very easy. Never had any problems that I would have required an service calls. This property is now a rental property and still no problems with the microwave. The upgrade was definitely worth the money. Performance This microwave is easy to warm up left overs, defrost meats, and also used to make popcorn. Settings/Features This microwave has many options when it comes to pushing the pop corn button, the defrost button, and just normal warming. Also has the feature of a timer I would use the timer when making other items and also time out for kids, etc.

Microwave

The microwave does a good job. The hood is not very useful. Steam builds up on the front and then drips down. I would like for the hood to actually pull the steam away from the stovetop. The hood is also very noisy when in use. It is hard to hear anything else that is going on while in use. Performance This microwave does a good job of heating and cooking food. Settings/Features I do think it needs more settings for defrosting. There are items to defrost other than meat and poultry. Ease of Cleaning You can remove the glass plate to clean. Easy to wipe out the inside of microwave. The only problem I have with cleaning is keeping the fingerprints off the front of the microwave. Ease of Use The selection pad is large enough to read easily. Durability We have had our microwave for about 10 years. We have not had any problems. Design The hood does not do a good job of removing steam, etc. I also wish the light was brighter. Maybe have a light on each end of the microwave. It is also noisy.

Noisy

Very good looking, Has handle to pull door open so no possibility for a broken push latch. has 30 sec button feature and if your kitchen is getting to hot, the fan automatically comes on and you can't turn it off, it is so noisy, loud, can't hear over it and occasionally it will microwave your food and not actually heat it up. No real happy with purchase Performance Loud and doesn't heat everytime it gets turned on. I have to sometimes just hit the 30 sec add option over and over again to get to 3 minutes. I have never had a problem with this feature heating, but I have on the regular 3 min and start feature. Settings/Features standard options, that is good, 30 sec add button feature is nice, fast, convenient Ease of Cleaning Easy clean up. most things wipe up with just a warm cloth on the inside and the stainless steel outside is sort of easy. It must be wiped with a clean cloth and a windex style product to get no streaks. Ease of Use push the button and it turns on.........sometimes. the 30 sec option is quick and easy. Durability stainless steel, should last a while and the flat electronic buttons wipe down easy but I fear this feature might not stand up. Design looks great, sleek, attractive and has matching whirlpool counter parts.

Great Microwave/Ventahood!

This microwave was installed by the builder in the house we built. it easy to work. It has a defrost feature which I use often and it works well for all types of foods. It is easy to set the cook time and change the cooking level. It has a digital display which includes a clock. It also has a timer that is very easy to use. I use the timer on the microwave instead of the one on my oven because it is easier to use. It beeps to let you know when the food is ready and then continues to beep to remind you until you clear it. Performance Works great never had any problems. Heats food evenly and quickly. Settings/Features Has quite a few different food/temperature settings. Also has a defost setting. Ease of Cleaning Easy to wipe down. Spinning plate on the inside removes for even easier cleaning. Ease of Use Very easy to use. Every setting on it is self explanatory no need to even read the instructions. Durability Never had any trouble with it. Design Sleek design.

Very Nice

I've had this microwave for a couple of years now and enjoy how well it works. It was already in a house that I purchased, mounted above the stovetop, so that was handy. It didn't take long to figure out which buttons I'd be using most often. Probably my favorite feature is the "30 second" button which does a quick heating. If you push it three times, you get 90 seconds which is just right for cooking a bowl of oatmeal. The defrost feature works great as well. I have no complaints at all with it. It is fairly easy to clean. I just stick the rotating glass plate in the dishwasher and boil a little water with vinegar for about four minutes, then it easily wipes clean inside. I'd definitely recommend this microwave.

Salisbury, MD

true

Best Microwave for your money!

This is a quality microwave by Whirlpool and I do not think you will find a better deal. This model will frequently go on sale if you keep an eye out for it, and was the main reason I purchased this one. And of course it's a Whirlpool so you cannot buy a better make. The design is simple and I love the hidden vent on the top. It does a everything you would want in a microwave. I do a lot of baking and I love the soften/melt butter option. Two not perfect points about this model is you cannot not the turntable off, which my old microwave had and I think I used it once in 8 years, and that the installation directions are a little off on the dimensions. When we installed the microwave using the provided guide it ended up being about a half inch too low. Not a huge deal but be sure you measure the microwave itself and do not just use the provided guide.

Callaway, VA

Great mounted microwave.

We got this microwave as a replacement for our counter top microwave. I installed it above our stove top myself. I had to move up some cabinets to reach the venting system, but it was a pretty easy job. The steam clean feature is nice. It's easy to wipe out the microwave when there is a spill. This microwave has many features. It has so many features my wife doesn't know which feature to use sometimes. It also has a light on it with two settings which is nice for cooking, or for using as a night light in the kitchen on the lowest setting. The size of the microwave works just well. The power and motor seems to be great too. Our last microwave lasted 7 years, we hope this one lasts longer.

Pocatello, ID

Good Microwave For the Price

Our previous Whirlpool Microwave lasted 12 yrs so I wanted to go with what was reliable. I just purchased this one 6 months ago and haven't been disappointed. It cooks evenly. My kids have learned to use the settings very quickly (the guide printed right inside the door helps tremendously!). The quick setting buttons have been accurate.

true

Pricey, but good, lots of features.

This bad boy was pricey. That being said, it does have a lot of features. My favorite is that it can be a convection oven. I don't use it as much as I would like, but it's handy during Thanksgiving. The convection oven is REALLY LOUD though, and gets even louder in cool-down mode. That's a little annoying. Otherwise, the convection oven cooks really well and I am happy with its performance. The microwave is wonderful and there are so many buttons and features that I barely get to use them all.

Denver, CO