3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

I love the Whirlpool Microwave that my husband purchased for me.

My husband and I purchased this Whirlpool Mircowave to replace the one that was in the new house that we bought. We purchased this microwave in Feb of 2008, so we have been using it for just over a year.  We have not had a microwave in about 5 years.  I don't know how I did things without having one for that long.  My kids use it all the time to cook their after school snack.  It has a large space in which to put dishes, I can put several dishes in there to stay warm, like I did when we had the family for Christmas dinner.  It has funtioned great for the many things that we have used it for like to reheat leftovers, kids snacks, I even use it to cook and steam vegetables.  And the obvious use of making popcorn, hehe.  I have had several Whirlpool products in the past and they have lasted for years, so I expect no less from this product. I am with the fact that this microwave was not the high end one at all, and it has worked great with no problems.  My only complaint is that the light that is for over the stove burned out very quickly.  I'm not sure if it is because I used it for a night light on low, for a light in our kitchen at night. But that was easy enough to fix, so no real complaints on my part with this product.

For a Big microwave, why is the turntable so Small?!?

We purchased a new Whirlpool model MH1160XSQ over the stove (as opposed to counter-top) microwave.  It works fine, but I am Very disappointed in the size of its turntable.  For a large microwave (a 9 x 13 casserole will fit in there), the turntable plate is so small.  Why?  The turntable plate does turn, but if you put a 9 x 13 casserole in there, the casserole will not turn since the turntable plate is so small.  The inside of the microwave is about 20 x 14 inches, but the plate is just 11-1/2 inches round.  Why so much extra space?  One plus is that when you set the timer, it will continue to beep until you push the cancel button.  Some people may not like that, but since I'm really busy, I often miss the first time the timer beeps, so this way it continues to let me know that I've forgotten something.  Also, since it is over the stove, it has a fan and light -- both have 3 settings (hi, lo, and off).  The Whirlpool model MH1160XSQ microwave works fine, but I would not recommend it to my friends simply because of the small turntable plate.

This is a great product and worth the money.

Comments about Whirlpool 900 Watt 1.6 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo MH1160XSQ:

I have had this Microwave about 2 years or more and I have had no problems. It has worked
good and is a nice big Microwave. It cooks things nicely and is nice looking as well, works
as well as when I first got it and have never regreted buying it. Will definitely buy another
whirlpool microwave great microwave and a satisfied customer.

Whirlpool white Over-the-oven Combo

This Whirlpool microwave is very spacious and has lasted us over two years now. There have been no issues with it whatsoever. It is the microwave that was provided by my apartment complex and I have been completely satisfied with its performance. I use it most often to defrost meat, heat up leftovers, and make popcorn.

It has many options for defrosting and cooking at different temperatures. I especially like the pre-labeled buttons for things like popcorn. It is simple to clean.

I assume that previous reviewers must have had faulty units or that I just got lucky with mine. Then again, I have only had it for 2 years and would need to hold out longer to see if it continues to perform well.

Since it's an over-the-oven model, it is a great fit for those living in small spaces. Keep in mind the size of the microwave though, since it is large. The perk is that you don't have to store it on your counter if you have limited room in the kitchen!

I cannot take this microwave with me when I move out of my apartment, but I am interested in buying the same model or a very similar model for myself for my house. In summary, I highly recommend this item!

The Whirpool 900 Watt Microwave Does the Job

from Nashua, NH

I have to admit, I have had quite a few other microwaves and I preferred those over this one. It doesn't have any extra pizzazz.

Occasionally, I use a lower setting for cooking (80%). I have found that with some foods, such as rice, the normal setting doesn't work well.

Settings/Features
I wish that this microwave had more settings. My previous microwave had a button for rice, frozen vegetables, etc.

I do find cleaning this microwave a challenge, as it is high. But that seems to be the trade off for an over the range microwave.

I did have some trouble adjusting to the use of the setting and microwave time buttons. Other than those, no troubles.

I haven't had any trouble with durability, and I don't foresee any problems.

The design for this model is great. We have a small kitchen, and this is a great over the range microwave. It's much bigger than what we could have gotten in our small space for a counter top microwave.

• Settings/Features:

This is a economical and easy to use microwave.

from Rib Lake, WI

This is a fairly inexpensive ( we purchased it at Best Buy) and easy to use microwave. Even I can understand how to use it after a little help from my teenagers. It is handy having it over the stove- out of the way and not taking up counter space. The timer and clock are easy to set. It heats the food more quickly and evenly than our old microwave did. It wipes clean easily. The only negative is that the fan underneath does not seem to work extremely well and is very noisy.

The tray is easily removed and it wipes out easily.

• Settings/Features:

A powerful above range microwave

from Nashotah, WI

After our old microwave fritzed out we decided to go with this Whirlpool. In general, we've been pleased with the appliance. The installation took a little bit of time. The add 30 second button has been extremely useful, which was a surprise to me. The one drawback is the display is blue, which is very difficult to read unless you are standing extremely close to the unit.

Whirlpool Microwave

We love this microwave. Has all the features we needed for our family of 3. And I just love the ease of cleaning. It is very quiet as well. And I love the feature to turn off the sound (beeps) as my 4 year old held his ears everytime it went off before. It has been a good microwave for us, although we didn't buy it new. It came with our house we purchased. But so far, we have been very happy with it and have been using it now for about 11 months.

Great Whirlpool microwave oven/hood combo

from Springfield, OR

We have a whirlpool microwave oven/hood combo that is great. The interior is huge and very spacious. I really like the turntable that is built in as it does a great job evenly cooking whatever it is you're preparing. It heats evenly so cooking with it is great. It has alot of great features but is very easy to use. The hood that is built into it has 2 speeds and does a great job of removing kitchen odors. The light on it has a night light feature which is great to have when you want to leave a light on in the evenings. This microwave is a great value. The only con for me is it is a big unit and since my cabinets do not go all the way to the ceiling, it seems rather big above my stove since my microwave is lower on the wall. All in all, a great product for the money.

For a Big microwave, why is the turntable so Small?!?

from Chattanooga, TN

Whirlpool Microwave - faulty

from Swansboro, NC

I recently purchased a new home which has a Whirlpool Microwave (MH1160SXQ).  When I first moved in, about five months ago, it made a humming noise.  Then the noise went away.  Well, last week the humming started again, louder now.  Called the appliance store.   Repair men came and said it was the transformer and something else.  Would have to order the parts, then come and take the micro to the shop to repair.

This item seems to have been defective from the start and should NOT be repaired, but should be replaced.

It was manufactured in 3/08.

This is five months into the warranty.  After 1 year the problem would be mine.

I love the Whirlpool Microwave that my husband purchased for me.

from Phoenix, AZ