Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Whirlpool
WED4800XQ
Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Summary

7.0 Cu. Ft. Capacity AutoDry System Wrinkle Shield Option (up to 40 Min.) 13 Automatic Cycles 4 Temperature Settings Large Side-Swing Door Fluff Air Cycle Normal Cycle Timed Drying Damp Dry Cycle Extra-Large Top-Mounted Lint Screen Adjustable End-of-Cycle Signal Interior Drum Light Optional Dryer Rack 3406839 Sold Separately On/Off End of Cycle Signal

Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

Workhorse of a Dryer from Whirlpool

Whirlpool Electric Dryer Model # WED4800QX0 is a good electric clothes dryer. It has 7.0 cu ft capacity. This dryer is large enough to handle the comforter from our king size bed.
We...Read complete review

We bought ours about two years ago to serve a family of four. We do a good amount of laundry each week, keeping this dryer pretty busy and it is still going strong. It has a Wrinkle Shield ‘fluff feature’ that can be both good and bad, in that you can set the fluff dry feature to keep turning on every 5 minutes, to re-fluff your laundry so that it won’t wrinkle. This is good in that your laundry won’t sit and wrinkle if you can’t get to it straight away when the dryer first stops running, but you can abuse this feature and end up using too much electricity allowing it to continually keep re-fluffing your load of laundry over and over every 5 minutes until you take your laundry out. I have caught family members doing this and just had to turn the dryer off to save energy. In defense of this feature, it is a heat free fluff cycle so the energy is going to run the drum only and not heat the dryer and this cycle will go on for a matter of only 40 minutes. But that is still a lot of wasted energy should one get lazy and not remove their laundry pretty quickly.
This dryer has an end of cycle signal to send an audible signal to you throughout the house when your dryer has finished running. You must set it to alarm when you start the timer to have this feature work and alert you the dryer cycle has ended. I like the option of not having it alarm if I choose not to have it go off.
This dryer offers Acu-Dry an energy saving feature where you can set the dryer to Very Dry, Energy
Preferred, or Less Dry. By doing this the dryer will adjust to your load and only use the energy necessary to dry the load you select and will then shut itself off. This is a feature we don’t really use much but it may be helpful for some families.
This dryer is easy to operate. The lint trap is on the top side of the dryer and easily accessible. But it does make quite the mess, across the top of the dryer, every time we remove the lint trap to empty it. So we keep a towel on top of the dryer to catch all of the lint dust that falls away from, opening and cleaning the lint trap.
Whirlpool makes good appliances and the WED4800QX0 Electric Dryer so far seems to be another winner from the Whirlpool company.

Load Capacity
super large load capacity. Easily handles the comforter and linens from our king sized bed.

We use this dryer frequently in our family of 4 and it works like a work horse.
No performence issues thus far.

It is simpe to use. Easy to read buttons.
Lint trap is on top of the dryer and easy to access.

Has held up well for the past 2 yrs

this is a well thought out design . easy to get clothes in and out

Horrible dryer that broke within six months

This dryer was awful. A major part broke with the appliance within six months of the purchase. The heating coil broke on this dryer, so the clothes that I would put in did not dry no matter how long the cycle was. For some unknown reason, the warranty did not cover this part. This was a complete waste of money. The features listed below are all average with the exception of durability and design. Overall I would save my money and buy a different dryer with better reviews.

Load Capacity
This dryer has an average load capacity. The load capacity is fine for a small family, but I would recommend something large for families bigger than three members.

This is a basic dryer that is simple to use with basic settings.

This dryer is not very durable at all and it lasted me under six months before a heating coil broke. It would have costed me a lot of money to repair it, and for some reason the warranty did not cover it.

This is a basic dryer design. There is nothing special and it has a plain white color. Overall average in design.

Horrible dryer that broke within six months

from north augusta sc

Load Capacity

This is a basic dryer that is simple to use with basic settings.

• Load Capacity:

This was good dryer. It had a huge capacity.

from West Virginia

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I am a fan of this dryer. It has a large, 7 cubic foot capacity which is a lot of clothes for me. I can literally fit twenty pairs of jeans in the dryer without any issues. It doesn't take long to dry clothes either. I like that I can set it for an hour or I can set it manually for it to dry the clothes on it's own time. It also has a feature to turn the speed/rotation up or down such as tumble and delicate.

Load Capacity
This dryer has a huge load capacity. I can dry twenty towels at a time in this without any issues. It will easily hold what I consider to be two full loads of laundry out of my washing machine.

I have no issues with the performance at all. The lint trap seems to get full much faster than other dryers, but I take that to mean it is working well because it's trapping lint that would otherwise be on my clothes. The dry time usually takes between thirty minutes and an hour. I rarely have to go longer than hour drying my clothes unless I am drying a heavy comforter.

It's simple to use. I simply set the dryer on a timer or a heat setting and turn it on. The lint tray is very easy to clean out as well.

I've used this to try two dozen pairs of denim pants, towels, and even shoes. I haven't had any issues.

I like the design just fine. My only qualms are with how heavy and bulky the dryer is. I wish it were easier to move around but it holds a lot.

• Load Capacity:

Not as fantastic as we had hoped.

from Millville, NJ

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

When our washer went, we replaced it with a cheaper counterpart and loved the results. So when our dryer went, we figured we would do the same. Unfortunately, it did not yield the results that we had hoped for. They dryer was easy to set up, and easy to use. It only had a few basic functions but that was perfect for us.

Load Capacity
The dryer can easily handle an extra large load with room to spare in regards to space.

The performance of this washer is where we started coming across difficulty with. It took a very long time to dry clothes, clocking in at close to an hour and a half for an average size load.

It was really easy to use. There were only a few options and they could all be handled with a turn of a dial.

The durability of this dryer wasn't preferable. We had multiple issues with this dryer in regards to the increase in energy that it used, and the time it took to dry.

The design was very basic, but functional.

Love Love LOVE!

from Santa Monica CA

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I'm usually weary about trying new dryers because you never know what can go wrong. I have just came off of a gas dryer, and moved onto electric. I cannot believe all of the little perks this product has. Instructions were so easy a 5 year old could use them, and the buttons are very clearly labeled, with explanations to every single one. The lint liner was also very easy to remove, and had a bit of a seal to prevent it from falling off mid grab. I would totally recommend this, as it can also take large loads, tons of settings and options to fit your needs. There is an extended dry, and a quick dry. First time I've ever seen that, and I love it.

Load Capacity
I have gotten two loads into what my other dryer would take was 5. Cannot believe the size of this, totally recommended for large families.

Have not had much of an issue with it, stopped randomly once but that was about it.

Very, very simple to use. Buttons labeled clearly, very easy directions, everything about this is user friendly, and its amazing.

I have only had this for about 4 months now, but it has lasted perfect with no issues what so ever, so I would say the durability is good.

Design is like many others, except the lint liner really caught my eye with how it has protective seal, amazing.

Very efficient dryer!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I use the Whirlpool WED4800XQ Electric Dryer all the time at my partner's apartment. I have never had a bad experience drying clothes in this dryer. This is a nice size dryer and it can dry a substantial amount of clothes in a decent amount of time. One of the nice things about this dryer is that it stops when clothes have dried. This dryer senses when my clothes are dry and will cutoff at any point during the cycle. I also enjoy not having to clean the lint trap out every 20 minutes with this dryer. I have dried several loads of clothes without cleaning the lint trap and it never affected the drying speed. I only have to clean the trap once a week, but I do it a little more often to stay on the safe side. This dryer doesn't keep up a lot of noise, but I have on several occasions left pennies in my clothes and when they move around it can be heard in the next room. I definitely would recommend the Whirlpool WED4800XQ Electric Dryer because it's very efficient and dependable.

• Load Capacity:

This product was just what I was looking for

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I bought this product recently because my previous Dryer quit working. I have been so happy with this product. Not only because I can now dry my clothes without hanging them up but because it works so well. It doesn't take a very long time for it to dry any thing that I toss into it. I can do large loads in an hour. The overall work ethic of this product is amazing. I love how it even has the go green feature where you can set it to only cycle long enough to get the clothes fairly dry but not waste to much gas because of it constatly running. I also love how The dryer starts back up after about five minutes of being off just to turn the clothes again so they dont sit and get wrinkled. Overall I am very happy with myself for making this purchase. The quality of the dryer and the size of the dryer and things it could do in general are exactly what i was looking for. It was definately one of the best purchases I have made on my own.

• Load Capacity:

Dependability is what you get!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I purchased this Whirlpool Dryer after my GE had gone out on me 1 yr ago. I have a friend that recommended buying a Whirlpool and giving it a try. Im impressed! I have had no problems with this dryer and it dries my clothes to perfection. It runs smooth, its has 13 automatic cycles and 4 settings to choose from. If you want a dryer you can depend on without something going out on it because you have used it so much, then this is your dryer!
it also fit into my small laundry closet along with my whirlpool washing machine and it fit just right. In the past i didnt use a dryer at night due to the level of noise but with this dryer, you wont have this issue. I would forget its running because it was so quiet. For best performance, I recommend drying your clothes by fabric such as your towels because no matter how big or thick the towels are, they will dry and you can fill it and the dryer has a sensor that knows when they are dry. you can also set the end of cycle signal if you want to be alerted when clothes are dry!

Family of Four

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have a family of four and this machine fits our active lifestyle well. With two small children laundry is an everyday chore! This machine makes it easier. If I ever needed a new dryer again, I would get another one of these. I am extremely satisfied with the machine and the brand. They offer everything my family needs for our home!

Load Capacity
Perfect to put all of my children's clothes in at once! Not only do they all fit perfectly, but when I run this machine my clothes come out dry every time. I am so grateful to have found such a great dryer that meets all me needs and wants. Our last dryer had to run for over an hour to get even a lite load completely dry.

Wonderful. I only have to run it one time and all of my clothes com out dry.

This machine is extremely durable. It holds large loads like a champ and drys it completely the first time. It even dries my large king sized full comforter.

• Load Capacity:

Great basic dryer, love the features!

from Oakhurst, CA

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I couldn't be happier with this dryer, absolutely no complaints, easy to use, gentle on my clothing, multiple settings to customize based on the quality of your load, can't say enough good things. Love the fluff feature to save you having a mess of wrinkled clothing.
Would buy this one again if I was looking again.

Load Capacity
Large enough for bigger loads, not super large loads but it still doesn't take long to dry them.

My laundry has never been dryer on time and earlier. Love this dryer.

Super easy to use! I love the multiple options for drying and the fluff feature! Saves you time ironing while it fluffs as you may take longer to pull your laundry out of the dryer! Has saved me lots of time! I appreciate the various heat settings as well, so nice to customize the loads.

Cannot speak to this yet, only had it less than a year, but so far so good.

I like the design and that it matches the washer. Very functional and little concerns with design.

Back to the basics

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The Whirlpoos Dryer WED4800XQ is a great dryer if you are looking for a simple to use machine that will dry and fluff your clothes without all the bells and whistles that the expensive high end dryers feature. I was only looking for a basic dryer and this certainly fits the bill if you are looking in the same category.

It holds a lot.

It works as promised

Put the clothes in, turn the dial to minutes desired and hit the button.

Hopeful it will last a long time.

Simple, basic dryer