Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Whirlpool
WED4900XW
Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Summary

7.0 Cu. Ft. Capacity AccuDry Sensor Quiet Dry Noise Reduction System Wrinkle Shield Option (up to 40 Min.) Wide-Opening Hamper Door 9 Automatic Cycles 4 Temperature Settings Heavy Dry Cycle Delicate Cycle Jeans Cycle Timed Drying Damp Dry Cycle Normal Cycle Casual Cycle Extra-Large Top-Mounted Lint Screen Adjustable End-of-Cycle Signal Interior Drum Light

Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

• Load Capacity:

Have owned this dryer twice!

from Brooke tx

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have owned this dryer two separate times. I had the original one for almost 10 years, until it finally broke down on me. I decided to buy a used dryer as a replacement and it happen to be the same exact one I had. I am just as happy with it as I was the first time around. It works very good and dries very well. I originally purchased the replacement drier just as that, a replacement. But after having it for a while and its still very reliable, I stayed with it long term. Its such a great product and brand. I would recommend this to everyone and also anyone with large families.

Load Capacity
I can usually fit about 8 towels in the dryer and they dry up pretty fast.

The performance is awesome and lasted a long time. With the second time owning it, its still been great.

Its very easy to use. Its very specific and not too many options so makes easy for anyone.

Nice and clean and simple design. Also, it was designed as the perfect size. Not too bulky and fits everywhere.

Works Great for my Family

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have had this dryer for over 10 years and we do a LOT of drying!! It dries a load of jeans in about 1 1/2 hours. I realize that this is way slower in comparison to the front loading high efficiency dryers, but it has stood the test of time for us. There were times when it did NOT dry well and we figured out quickly that the problem was not with the dryer itself but with the hose not being connected well to the wall or not having a high amount of airflow there. The extra knobs (type of dry/ timer/ wrinkle shield) make for more options which is a huge selling point though I rarely use them.

Load Capacity
This dryer can dry a very heavy wet load in about 1 1/2 hours.

I am overall happy with the level of performance of this dryer.

This dryer has moved with us 4 times! It has held up very well.

The design is good and I love being able to clean out the air filter after each use. It is right in front where the door opens so it is impossible to miss or forget to do that very important task.

Fast Dryer due to accudry - very satisfied

from Aurora, IL

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I am very pleased with this dryer. I think this dryer does a good job of drying the clothes and with the sensor it will kick off when it’s finished so it is not unnecessary drying or wasting energy. For the most part I leave it set to the same dryer setting so its pretty quick to get stuff in and going. But if you try to change the heat setting when it’s already in the cycle it won’t let you. You basically have to turn off and start over. Just a slight inconvenience. One of my favorite things is that there is a touch up option so it will run for about 15 minutes to refluff your clothes. I utilize that option often. Lent trap is big and easy to use, but occasionally if you are running a load that has particles that are left in the trap then it will seep out of the trap and into the barrel. Even though I empty after every use it’s the position of the lent trap that can cause some of the residual to fall into the dryer after cleaning. If the lent trap were on top I do not think you’d see residual particles. Overall, pleased with the dryer.

• Load Capacity:

A great dryer for normal use

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer is great for normal household use, especially if you arent looking to have a front loader washer and dryer, as those can be not only pricey but huge! This dryer seems to dry accuratly and quick. The link trap is easy to get to and it is not loud when it is running.

Load Capacity
You can fit a good amount of clothes in

It seemds to dry quickly and accuratly

Very simple to use, buttons/knobs are easy

Seems to be holding up

Simple, and fits in nicely