Other Clothes Dryers:

Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

good value for the price

Large capacity drum and easy to operate from the moment you purchase it. Fit easily into the space where my other dryer was. Installers didn't have any problem removing the old dryer and installing...Read complete review

Large capacity drum and easy to operate from the moment you purchase it. Fit easily into the space where my other dryer was. Installers didn't have any problem removing the old dryer and installing the new dryer.

Load Capacity
The load capacity is great for large loads but sometimes small loads don't dry as well. I put just one shirt into the dryer and it just bunched up and didn't tumble. I had to keep shaking out the shirt and putting it back into the dryer.

The dryer works well on each setting but need further information on how to use the economy setting (you should read the manual). Clothes do seem to come out very well when you use the correct drying time.

Easy to use without a lot of instruction but you should read the manual to see how to use the economy settings. The large drum helps with keeping clothes from sticking together and not drying completely in spots.

I think this is a very durable machine but since I have only had it for a few months, I would need to have it longer to make sure it is durable. It seems well made and not any flimsley parts.

The design is plain but it fits into any home décor. Since I only bought the dryer as my washer was working well, I didn't make any effort to get anything matching.

This is the most basic dryer you can get.

We purchased our Whirlpool WED5300SQ0 Dryer a little over two years ago.  This dryer is a large capacity dryer so you can use it for your extra large loads of laundry.  It has pretty basic settings, although, it does have energy efficient settings.  I loved this dryer until this past week.  It has always done a great job at drying my clothing, but it has one fault.  It has the lint trap on top of the dryer.  Last week I got a laundry soap sample in the mail and as I was cleaning out the lint trap, I accidently knocked the Wisk sample in there and I had my husband take the dryer apart to get it out.  We got it out, but we noticed one of the fan blades had broken off!  Who knows when this happened.  Anyway, after we got everything put back together the dryer still works, but is very load and we are not sure if it has anything to do with the broken fan blade.

This is a good dryer, but I would recommend purchasing a dryer that has the lint trap in the dryer door rather on top.

great dryer

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this 7.0 cubic foot Electric Dryer and found that it was really nice. I know it may sound strange but the reason I loved it so much is because it was very basic. I like the older style dryers like this one where I could set it on low heat or high heat or medium heat (etc.) and then just push a knob to start it and then then it just did its thing and dried my clothes. I really liked this dryer where it dried a large load of clothes in around thirty minutes. Never had to run it twice. I also found that this Whirlpool dryer was a perfect size for a family of four or less maybe even more. It was a very nice size indeed. Another thing I loved about this electric dryer is the price. This was one of the less costly versions and it was very affordable to me on my small salary. I loved it because of the color which is white and the basicness of it. I guess if you need something all high tech and stuff this dryer would not be for you. Otherwise purchase this dryer and enjoy.

good value for the price

from Surprise, AZ

Fits a lot of clothes!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We have had this dryer for several years now. I love that you can fits in lots of clothes, particularly large quilts or blankets with no problems. The settings are pretty counterintuitive and easy to use. I would like to see a dryer that was more efficient and used less energy, but I do not even know how many options on the market are really energy efficient. Overall, this dryer has been a solid purchase for us. It does a good job and shows no signs of giving out.

Load Capacity
I love that you can fit lots and lots of clothes in to this dryer. It might take a while to dry them, but you can set it and forget it.

This dryer is very straightforward on the controls and such. Easy to set up and use with no problems.

I have had my dryer for several years. I had to replace my washer that came with the set, but the dryer is still getting the job done.

Nothing special to it, but I have no issues with it either.

Love the Whirlpool Super Capacity Dryer

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have had the Whirlpool Super Capacity Washer and Dryer set for about 9 years now, and they have both held up remarkably well. The dryer really does hold a lot of clothes and gets them dried in pretty decent timing. When I start to notice it taking longer than one cycle to get a load dry, I realize that I need to clean out the lint trap. You are supposed to do that after every time, but I usually try to remember every three cycles or so. This dryer has a hot normal dryer setting as well as a low setting with energy-efficient drying. I use that cycle most because I don't want most of my clothes to shrink, so I find that the lower heat works better for that. I would recommend the Whirlpool brand to anyone in the market for a new washer and dryer. My Whirlpool products have stood the test of time for sure.

I just did a load today and accidentally shut one of my daughter's bodysuit type shirts in the door. It ripped the buttons part right off the bottom of it. I'm going to be more careful from now on with that. I think it has something to do with the way the door is designed, because it seems like I am constantly shutting clothes in it.

Very convenient dryer!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I really like this dryer. It has saved a lot of time drying by allowing me to dry larger loads at once. I love the loading and unloading features, it makes it so easy when pulling out and putting large loads of clothes in. I find it to be very quiet and non-intrusive as far as noise level as well.

Load Capacity
There is ample room in this dryer for large loads of clothing, as well as blankets, quilts, and bedding. I was reluctant to put such large loads of things in at the first, but when I saw how quickly they were dried, I was pleasantly surprised.

It is really neat because it has sort of a dampness sensor that will adjust drying time if needed to cut on energy costs. It runs very quietly and is not disturbing at all. Oh and it dries clothes really well!

Very easy to use, especially unloading and loading clothes in with it's large capacity loader.

It is very sturdy and durable looking, and holds up well to the large loads of clothing and bedding I put in it.

A very nice design, I like the fact that it is metal and not a cheap plastic design.

• Load Capacity:

Great product at a great price!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

You can pay much more for a dryer but at the end of the day, you want one that does the job and is affordable. This is it.

I've had this dryer for a number of years and there has been absolutely nothing that's gone wrong with it, nothing has broken, the knob markings still look good, and the paint still looks like new.

The door opening from the top and hinged down is fantastic. It makes it so easy to get to the clothes from any angle, and from any side.

Whirlpool Super Capacity Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Almost ten years and it is still drying!

Load Capacity
We have dried two loads at a time and it has worked well.

The only issue with this dryer is, the sweaters, towels, and jeans do not always dry completely. We hang them up to finish drying and save energy that way.

Dry temp check, buzzer check, lint check, load check, put clothes in check, then push button. Easy!

Almost ten years and counting with no issues!

Fits in our small laundry room.

• Load Capacity:

large loading capacity okay drying

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The best feature is how large the loads can be that you dry. It doesn't dry as fast and thoroughly though. It doesn't use that much energy as I thought a machine so large would. It prevents over drying with a monitor called an Accudry sensor, but I never worry about that because I usually have to dry a second time around. There's another setting for "wrinkle free" drying where it dries them without heat. It works well on my permanent press clothing. The opening is wide for fast unloading. There's an interior light which can help too. There's a signal you can set to let you know it's done. Really loud and shrill. It's fairly quiet as well while running. It doesn't have as many temperatures as the newer models. Well some I was looking at. I'd rather more options for custom drying. It's definitely a down side. It's built sturdy except for a little latch piece on the opening. It breaks off easily and I've had to replace it. It'll do for now though.

• Load Capacity:

Very good large capacity electric dryer

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I replaced a Maytag dryer with a Whirlpool dryer. This dryer matches my Maytag washer that is still working well in size style and color. So far I have liked this dryer. It dries everything nicely and has operated well. It is electric and energy star rated to conserve on utilities. It is large enough capacity to dry bulky items, though if I put a very large item like a very large blanket or bedspread I do have to check on it as it will roll up and stay damp on the inside unless I take it out and refold it so the damp center is on the outside. It does a good job on clothes and is not rough on them or over-drying. It has a permanent press and gentle cycle which I also like on more sensitive materials. It is quiet and I like that the shut off signal is optional. It seems good quality and design and I am happy with it.

Great dryer

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I've had this dryer for 6 months now, and I love it.
There are a lot of settings that allow you to customize how you want your clothes dried. It has timed dry and sensor dry cycle plus wrinkle shield. Both have their functions, so I like having the option. Timed dry for things that need to hang up and sensor dry for everything else.
The temperature controls are great, too. Low medium and high for different types of clothes. Saves the clothes for unnecessary wear and saves energy.
Lint trap is long and catches a lot. It eventually gets a build up if you use dryer sheets and needs to be washed monthly with hot soapy water to keep it working well.
I also love that you can turn off the end of cycle alarm. It's ideal for nap time or late night loads.
Overall the machine is quiet and I've had no issues with it so far.

Load Capacity
Holds a large amount of clothes

Very simple options to choose from