Other Clothes Dryers:
Whirlpool
WED5200VQ
Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

• Adjustable temperature (5)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Energy efficient (5)
  • Large capacity (5)
  • Quiet (4)

Cons

• Bulky items (5)
  • Delicate (5)
  • Everyday clothes (5)
  • Sheets & mattress covers (5)
  • Towels (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Heavy duty user (4)

Great dryer!

I have owned this dryer for a year and a half now.  I have used it regularly in that time, and dry several loads of clothes a week.  I have been very impressed with the performance of this dryer.  It runs quietly--my landry room is right next to my kitchen, and does not have a door, but the sound is never loud enough to be disruptive or disturbing.  I also like that this machine dries clothes efficiently. I love that I can do laundry in one afternoon and have several loads washed and dried quickly.   It easily dries my large loads of clothes--it has a very generous capacity.  I also like that I can put cloth diapers in and they come out soft and dry later.  I have not had any problems with this machine. It shows no signs of wear, even though it has been through heavy use.  I expect to get many more years of use out of this dryer before having to replace it.  I am very satisfied with this dryer.

Trouble From The Start

I bought the Whirlpool Electric Dryer around ten years ago. I bought this type because it was it didn't take up too much space. The dryer seemed to be great for the first year but after that, I started having one problem after another. The dryer was taking longer than usual to dry so I had to change the heating coil. Soon after, the timer dial stopped working. I noticed that my clothes were starting to get hung up in the door hinges while they were drying. The dryer was easy enough to use, but the performance of it was awful. After having the dryer for another year, the heating coil started to go out again. I just decided that I had already spent enough on it and to get rid of it and buy another. I would purchase another Whirlpool dryer again but not this particular model. I would most definitely not recommend it to anyone else. I feel as though it was a waste of money and wish that I had done a little more research on this dryer before buying.

Great dryer for the money

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We bought this dryer as a replacement for a dryer that was 20 years old. Needless to say I think the Whirlpool is pretty amazing compared to my old dryer. I think it's a great value for the money. I was originally hoping for a cheaper dryer, but this seemed to be a good middle of the road dryer. It should last us a long time. I know there are fancier models out there, but I'm happy with the features and settings on this one.
I run mostly large loads and it drys everything the first time, no need to restart the cycle. There's plenty of room. I've done king size comforters with no problems. It seems to be very durable and sturdy. It runs extremely quiet. This is my favorite feature since our laundry room is right by the living room.
While it is great to have a front loader this sits very low to the ground. As a adult I would prefer to have it on a stand, but it does seems to be the perfect height for my kids. They are learning to do the laundry, and they seem to have no trouble loading and unloading it.

• Load Capacity:

A decent quality if you need a lot of capacity

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The Whirlpool super capacity electric dryer is a decent dryer if you need a lot of space. If you regularly wash larger loads of laundry and are tired of having to run the dryer more than once, this might be a good dryer for you. I am able to fit as many clothes as I desire in one load. Sometimes if you fill it too full and don't have the dryer set to a long enough cycle, all of the clothes will not dry. I don't think that this is a defect in the dryer, it is just something that you have to mess around with to see what size load corresponds with what duration of the drying cycle. This really isn't an issue though.
I recommend the Whirlpool super capacity dryer. I think that it is easy to use the dials to allow for quick adjustments during the cycle. It has done everything that I ask it to do. It has also been very durable so far. I haven't had any large problems with it that have resulted in a maintenance cost.
The bottom line is that this is a quality dryer if you are looking for a large capacity.

• Load Capacity:

Very Durable and dependable!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Very Durable! My Whirlpool Super Capacity Electric Dryer has lasted over 10 years and still able to dry everything within 35 minutes (small loads) to 1 hour (large loads) depending on how large a load.
Very Sturdy not cheap plastic, light-weight feel like other cheaper dryers that are cheaply made in China.

Load Capacity
A 7 Cubic feet Drum Volume for Very Large Load Capacity large enough for my sleeping bag.

very quiet Whirlpools Quiet pack and still running great after 10 years.

Very easy to use and has large door openings for lots of clothes. Large controls are pretty straight forward unlike those newer computerized controls which are very confusing to use and not user friendly. Whirlpool is very user friendly!

Very Durable and dependable! Lasted over 10 years so far without any problems.

Typical Square and white design with Large Controls and has large front doors.

First Dryer I've owned.

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This was the first dryer that my husband and I purchased after we got married. It was just the two of us so we didn't need anything big and fancy. We just wanted a basic dryer to have available in the home when we needed it. The setup was very simple. We had it delivered and my husband set it up within 30 minutes. Even I can move it around and he taught me how to set it up if I ever have to do it myself. It's also very easy to use and does make noise when it is in use but that should be expected with any dryer. It will beep once the load is complete. If I don't want to hear the noise, I simply shut the washroom door and it's not a problem. It has the basic features and timed drying options. I usually dry all of my clothing at the maximum time limit (60 min). It is very easy to load and unload. My toddler can do it herself. It is big enough to hold and dry a Queen Size comforter. If you don't feel like all of your clothes are completely dry, just add a few more minutes. We had it for several years and only had to upgrade because our family grew and we needed something larger. I highly recommend this dryer.

average

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I'd give this dryer a seven out of ten, because sometimes you have to run your load twice if you have specific items in it like jeans or jackets. However, it does get the job done to dry your clothes. I live in an apartment complex right now, so we all share the same washers and dryers. But there have been times where I have fit about two full loads in this dryer, and ALL of my clothes came come out dry and super warm. So as long as you're careful about what and how much you're drying, this will surely get the job done.

Load Capacity
You can fit so many clothes in this dryer. Like I said previously, if you load the dryer correctly you can fit up to two loads in it.

This dryer works really good and performs great, as long as you do not over stuff it.

This dryer is so easy to use. It has settings on it for drying your clothes normally, and for your delicate clothes.

This is a very durable dryer.

The design of this dryer is very simple, but it still looks nice.

Great Capacity

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Love it. You can do all your bedding for even a king bed and it will be dry when it goes off. Love being able to do about two loads in the time of only one load. Heat is great too and energy efficient because does the double the work. We bought an extended warranty ust in case but so far we have not had to use it yet either. the lint trap gets off alot of dog hair and lint which is important for a family with two large dogs as well.

Great Value!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This is a great basic super capacity dryer. I actually really like mine, it is great on all of its settings, its very easy to install, did it all by myself (woman power ^-^), it is awesome when it comes to keeping it clean although it does scratch very very easy. There is no major tricks or fancyness to it but it is a great dryer for the price and i would definitely reccommend it to someone looking to purchase their first one!

Load Capacity
Its great even when you stuff it it always gets dry through everything!

Its great, good with delicates, but defintely biggest perk is the size it really fits a ton.

There is just the typical settings, it very a very basic dryer and again great for your first appliance purchase.

The internal durability is great, but again it does scratch and dent very, very easily and it looks a little ugly because of it. But as long as you keep care of it and what not im sure it is fine. I just dont like the scratches personally something as simple as the buttons on your jeans and the paint is right off it.

It is ugly, I'll admit, its a big white box, not much design to it.

Whirlpool Super Capacity Electric Dryer WED5200VQ

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This is a good machine, in my opinion. It fits a large amount of clothes into the dryer at one time. My only personal problem with it is that I feel like it ran a long time to dry the clothes. Even light weight clothes seemed to take an unusually long amount of time. When the clothes were dry they were all the way dry. Also the clothes did come out not overly full of wrinkles. So overall I would consider this a good machine as far as an electric dryer goes but it does take longer to dry any size load and any type of clothing.

Load Capacity
This machine is suppose to be a large capacity. Personally I believe it is just that. I can fit several days of jeans from several people into the machine at once to dry. It even fits our queen size quilts which is a really hard thing to fit into any dryer. I use to have to bring it to the Laundromat but now thanks to this large capacity dryer I can do it in the convenience of my own home.

This machine does act like a large capacity electric dryer. Slower than the smaller or gas dryers. But it does hold way more clothes. It will dry you just have to be patient. If you turn it on and walk away it will be done just a little longer. Performance is good just a little slower than I would like.

Very simple to use. All the areas are very straight forth and simple and uncomplicated to use. The only thing which I didn't like was the way you clean out the lint. Its really upside down and many times for us it ends up going into the dryer vent which then needs to be cleaned out. So the overall machine is very easy to use but the dryer vent needs turned upward so as to not have to clean the dryer vent hose all the time.

This has been a very dependable machine. We haven't had to replace any parts or call any service people in to look at it. My concern though is that if the machine has to run longer to dry that the electric coils will wear out over a shorter period of time.

The whole machine is very modern to look at and the design overall works really well. The only part of the design I question is the lint trap. It worries me that the lint will just fall down into the dryer vent hose. It collects at the bottom of the hose and can easily cause a fire and also wear out the machine a little faster. The main design is really good in my opinion

Very Good Dryer

from Jonesville, NC

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have had this dryer for almost a year now, I purchased it as part of a "set" to replace my previous set, In the time I have had this dryer I am very pleased with it. It has a large capacity and numerous settings for all your drying needs. It dries fairly quickly and for me my electric bill went down! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new dryer that works very well for a small amount of money! I would purchase this unit again in the future if I am in the market for another dryer!

Load Capacity
It has a nice large capacity drum, that holds even the most heavy clothing and bed linens with no issue at all.

Dries very quickly and effectively.

Easy settings that are very easy to understand.

So far I haven't had any issues with the dryer and it's performing very well.

Nice design and simple buttons that are easy to turn and set the dryer for the correct drying temperature.

Pretty dependable dryer

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We've had this dryer for over ten years and there isn't many complaints that I can think about this product. It has been very dependable and helpful over the years for me and my family.

Load Capacity
The load capacity is pretty good because I can say there are times I felt it wouldn't handle all of the clothes coming out the washer but it did and still had room for more so that was impressive.

I say that this dryer performs pretty well because it seems to dry clothes pretty fast and the options that it gives before a cycle help out dramatically like the wrinkle free option which has helped me cut down on using the iron as much.

This dryer is extremely easy to use all you do is turn a few knobs, throw a dryer sheet in, and walk away. It is as simple as that.

Like I stated earlier we've had this dryer for over ten years and it has yet to break down or give us any type of problems so I would say it is pretty durable.

The design seems pretty plain there's nothing that really stands out about but it gets the job done.