3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Load Capacity:

Whirlpool Estate Dryer going on 6 years and no problems!

We've had our Whirlpool Estate Dryer or almost 6 years now with no problems! I love the large load drum, which easily holds many pairs of jeans with no problem! I like the different cycles, from high heat to low heat and a fluff or no heat cycle. The lint screen is on top and very easy to clean! The dryer has a large load capacity and yet is easy to move out from the wall when I clean my laundry room floor. The white exterior is easy to wipe clean with Windex spray and paper towels. We run at least eight loads a week with this dryer and have never needed to have it serviced. The price was very reasonable for a large capacity dryer with the cycle options it has. My laundry room is rather small and this dryer fits well in a compact area, with the matching Whirlpool Estate Large Capacity washer. The only negative I would report is the fact that larger loads may take two or sometimes even three drying cycles, but I rarely dry on high unless it is for towels or sheets.  All in all I would say I love this dryer!

Doesnt dry quickly

we currently have this dryer in our home and it works and has a good capacity but it takes too long to dry our clothes. We have to turn the dryer on at least twice if not more in order to completly dry all of our clothes even after emptying the lint vent and turning it on to the max time. This dryer does get the job done and it isnt a bad unit of and in itself it just seems to take too many times of turning it on for it to completly get everything dry which sometimes can cause the clothes to end up smelling a little like mildew because they were sitting wet overnight or for an extended period of time in the dryer which causes me to have to rewash the clothes and do the same work twice. As long as we keep the lint trap clean it seems to dry the clothes faster and on a more consistent basis but I dont think that should have to be done and we should have to be so diligent in that in order to get our clothes dry after washing them. Overall for its price it is a good dryer but I would say spend the extra money to save yourself the hassle.

Great for a small space

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I love this dryer because it was small and compact and it fits great in small spaces.

Load Capacity
I liked the fact that even thought it was a relatively small dryer, the drum was huge and could fit a good amount of clothing at one time. That was a definite benefit to owning this dryer.

This dryer does a really good job drying clothes in a timely manner and also the heat settings are also really good with this dryer. I also like that there are several settings that are suitable for any type of clothing you may have.

Super easy to use this dryer. I have not experienced any major issues using this dryer. The fact that it is straightforward and very simple to operate is a bonus, especially for those that are not very savvy in those areas.

It has held up pretty well considering the amount of use that it gets on a very regular basis. I also like that there is never any major cleaning that goes with owning this dryer, a bonus in my book.

Simple design that will fit any decor.

Simply Great

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have not owned many dryers in my life, but the Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer has never let me down. When first shopping for a washer and dryer for our new home, I questioned whether or not we should get something fancy with all of the bells and whistles.
This machine is certainly not fancy, but it does the job well. It is easy to operate and maintain. Only recently have I noticed that the high cotton cycle doesn't get my clothing dry. I'm not sure if something is wrong with the wiring, so I haven't taken it in for repairs yet since the medium and low settings work just fine. That's what I normally dry clothes on anyway to preserve their fibers.
The only other complaint is that the machine emits a ton of heat. In the winter, this is great, as it helps to heat up my house. But during the hot summer months, which is most of the year in Texas, it produces an immense amount of heat.

Can handle huge loads

Great

from Edina, MN

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Our Whirlpool Electric Dryer has been great. We have had it for about 5-6 years now and have only had to replace a small piece for the timer. Other than that we have had no problems whatsoever. There are the normal settings for heat, and different clothing items. It is a pretty basic dryer compared to some dryers on the market nowadays but it does the job. Clothes are dried evenly and in an average amount of time depending on what you are putting in to dry. It is big enough to fit a large blanket so that is nice for bedding. Whirlpool appliances are great quality and we have been happy with all of our. We will continue to be one of their customers!

Load Capacity
Good load capacity, enough to fit a blanket.

Does the job of drying clothes evenly as long as you don't overload it.

Super simple to use and to teach to teens or older children.

Great, ours has lasted about 5-6 years so far.

Design is nice and simple, practical.

I love my Whirlpool Electric Dryer

from Texas

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I absolutely love my Whirlpool Estate Electric Dryer. When we moved into our home we had to buy our own washer and dryer but didn't have a large budget. We found this Whirlpool Estate washer and dryer set for a great price and figured we would give it a try, not sure how well they would work or last since they were priced so well. It has worked better than I even imagined. Being a family of five with three children I'm always doing tons of laundry and this dryer has been nothing but great. It always dries my clothes well and doesn't take long. I like that it has 4 settings you can choose including: timed dry low heat, timed dry high heat, air fluff no heat and auto sense dry. The air vent is on top of the dryer and is very easy to clean out. The load capacity is huge, I'm always able to throw very large loads in the dryer and it has no problem getting the entire load dry in one rotation. The design is also very simple yet nice looking. The only thing that isn't ideal with this dryer is that it's not quiet, but that doesn't bother me. I would highly recommend this dryer to anyone who does tons of laundry and wants a dryer that works well for a great price.

This Whirlpool Electric Dryer was a good buy

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This was my first dryer in my own home. When I lived with my Mother she owned a Whirlpool dryer and she recommended it to me when I told her I was looking for a reliable dryer. The Whirlpool Electric Dryer has been reliable and efficient in getting my laundry dry and it still being still being soft and fluffy. I have used this dryer for the past few years now and it has continued to successfully dry my laundry. Even the heavy stuff like jeans and comforters. This dryer still gets them thoroughly dry without having to re-dry them. I have been overall satisfied with this dryer. It gets the job done.

Load Capacity
This dryer doesn't hold a lot of large items at once but it is great for a typical size load of laundry. When I wash my comforters I have to wash them one at a time to make sure they are dry, but I have had to do this with other dryers as well. So it's exceptional.

This dryer performs beyond my expectations. It is consistent in getting my laundry dry and keeping it soft.

Great Value for the Price

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have a dryer and washer comb set. The dryer drys clothes well and the vent is easy to clean. Although it isn't the fastest or quietest dryer on the marked it is an great value for the price.

Load Capacity
This dryer dries whatever I stuff in it. I can fit my comforter inside and have also done some at home dry-cleaning in it.

Occassionally i will stuff too much in there and have to run the dryer one and a half times to get all of the blue jeans or towels dry; however, I think that is an operator error and not a performance error. Overall this is a great dryer, I would recommend it to anyone just starting out on their own simply for the price alone.

This dryer is super easy the settings are simple to understand and you can time dry or choose by how dry you need it to be.

I have had this dryer for a couple of years with no known issues.

This design is great I much prefer it to a previous model I had with had a very small door. This door makes transferring a load easy a.nd drying larger items, duvet covers, curtains, large table cloths etc. an easy task

• Load Capacity:

Could put out more heat for load capacity

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I wanted to like this dryer more than I did. I should've spent a bit more, as for appliances of this type, you generally get what you pay for. That said, I'm a little disappointed in the time of drying a normal load of clothes; this dryer simply does not seem to put out enough heat. I don't know if it is trying to be energy efficient, but if so they went a bit overboard. When you have to dry most loads 2 times, you lose all energy efficiency. It's like having to flush a low flow toilet 2 or 3 times to get the job done.

Load Capacity
This machine has great load capacity. Perhaps too much for the heat it puts out... this seems to be a little bit of a design flaw in the R&D department.

I haven't had it that long, but so far I have no problems. It has performed consistently the whole time I've had this appliance.

A little on the plain and dated side in regards to design. That said, I'd take plain and dated over 'space-age' design any day of the week.

Pretty good dryer

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I got this dryer from my in laws. They used it for two years then gave it to us. After four years it is still working pretty good! I am very satisfied with it. It is a tadbit noisy but nothing that can't be ignored.

Load Capacity
It can hold a lot but doesn't dry it all in one cycle. It will hold my entire comforter set which is a major plus!

Majority of loads dry in one cycle. Sometimes I may have to dry towels and jeans another half cycle but it over all does good. Doesn't pull that much electricity.

Very easy to use! All you have to do is select a cycle and length an press start. Only two buttons nothing else!

Have had it for four years and it hasn't needed a replacement party to. The lent trap doesn't hold lint as well but that's no biggie if you clean after every cycle like you should.

This dryer has a very basic design. White only two buttons nothing that really "pops" but it still has a modern look.

Not a very good dryer

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We have been using this dryer for about 7 years now. So I guess I shouldn't expect the BEST performance ever but honestly I would opt to spend more money for something better next time. We have to dry every load of laundry 2-3 times to get it all the way dry. The dryer is not too noisy overall and it is nice that there are several different settings. We usually use gentle cycle because the other cycles are too harsh on the clothes (I have so many shirts with holes now because of our washer and dryer). The capacity is decent but don't try to overfill it (or you might be drying your clothes 4 times to get them dry). I do have to say that this dryer is VERY easy to use. You literally turn the knob to what cycle you want and push the start button. That simple. This dryer does seem quite durable as I said it's lasted us 7 years and still going. Just don't put belts with metal in the dryer. We did that and the paint came off inside the dryer. It's not a huge deal, but it looks terrible inside. Would not want to buy this dryer again.

Good Dryer, No Problems

Comments about Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

When I bought this dryer my boyfriend and I were just starting out in a place of our own. Needless to say we could not afford much so I was a bit worried whether or not it would last long. This dryer was very inexpensive so I thought it would not last long or would not do a good job. Let me just say, I do not regret it one bit.

It has a large load drum, which holds an incredible amount of clothes. I love the many options there is for the dryer. From high heat to low heat levels, and even fluff and no heat cycle. Although there are so many options to set the dryer on it is a very easy dryer to use.
It dries small loads of laundry within just one cycle. But for BIG loads of laundry it usually needs two cycles tops. Usually heavy sheets and towels might require three dry cycles but it all depends on the material and amount of clothes/sheets in the dryer. I don't mind that though. It has been a a very reliable dryer and has never caused any trouble at all.

Definitely recommend it to others.