4.8
Electric Ranges, Freestanding Ranges
Whirlpool
GGE390LXS
Whirlpool 30" Double Oven Freestanding Electric Range

Summary

Whirlpool GGE390LXS 30" Freestanding Electric Double Oven Range with 5 Radiant Elements, 4.2 cu. ft. Lower Oven, TimeSavor Plus True Convection, Accubake, SteamClean Option, Hidden Bake Element and 2.5 cu. ft. Upper Oven: Stainless Steel

Whirlpool 30" Double Oven Freestanding Electric Range

4.8

Pros

Cons

Great Product!

I love my new oven!!

I bought this almost 2 years ago and I recently had a family of seven living in my house with my family of three. They stayed for a year. Lets just say it definitely got its use and it is still running like brand new! I love the ability to cook things at 2 different temperatures. This will definitely come in handy this Thanksgiving when we host our extended family dinner party (We're planning on 25)!

I love the double oven!

It is super easy to clean!

• Heat Distribution:

Absolutely love this stove!

Comments about Whirlpool 30" Double Oven Freestanding Electric Range:

I love the double oven! Great time saver. The top oven heats up so fast and is very energy efficient. I cook 85% of my food just in the top oven. From cookies to pizza everything cooks evenly. The cooktop is a little hard to keep clean but so are most glass cooktops. I also love the warming zone on the cooktop. With a family of six this double oven range has really helped us out! Love it!

So far so good, I have only had the stove for 3 months but I use it daily!

Buttons are a little hard to push, but very slick and clean lines make for a beautiful stove.

All glass cooktops are hard to keep clean!

• Heat Distribution:

The best range ever!!!!!!!

from Escanaba, MI

Comments about Whirlpool 30" Double Oven Freestanding Electric Range:

I LOVE having 2 ovens! I love the grates all over the stovetop. I love how easy it is to clean the stovetop after removing the grates

Temperature Control
I do have to admit that sometimes the buttons are hard to push to adjust the temperature. And if you want to increase or decrease a lot it becomes a pain to keep pushing the hard to push buttons.

Heat Distribution
I haven't noticed any problems with the distribution of the heat.

This range seems tough to me. I haven't had any problems with it not being built well. Strong, tough range!

My only complaint would be that the grates don't seem to come to the front of the stove enough. This is a little hard to explain. It is hard for me to fit 2 pans front to back.

I love how the 2 grates come off the stovetop and it is so easy to clean the top. And I love that it is black so if it is messy it doesn't show so well.

Energy efficient electric range/oven

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Whirlpool 30" Double Oven Freestanding Electric Range:

I really enjoy the double oven most on my Whirlpool range. I don't care for the glass cooktop, as it is extremely hard to keep clean, and tends to scratch easily, but the double oven more than makes up for the hardship! It's super easy to heat up the top oven (smaller) if you're just making 1 batch of cookies, or need to broil something. Or, if you've got Thanksgiving in the oven, being able to have 2 different temps going at the same time is a real life saver!

Cooktop is very hard to keep clean. And, if you accidentally burn something onto the surface, it takes an act of God to get it off without damaging it.