Other Refrigerators:

Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

ZPosted on review on whirlpool site, not found wonder why ??

from Austin, TX

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
  • Noisy
  • Pizza's Store Vertically
  • Poor Layout

• Office Fridge

Comments about Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY:

Posted this review on Whirlpool HHHMMM... no where to found. Wonder Why ???? rate it zero stars if possible.
Shame that you must store 95% of store bought frozen pizza's vertically because freezer is not wide enough, instead of flat like the Whirlpool 25.5 that we replaced. Very noisy ice maker fill solenoid and only makes like four small cubes in a batch. Very noisy defrost cycle, always has sounded loud from the first start up. Adequate fridge space, freezer needs better engineering.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

love it!!!!!!!!

Comments about Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY:

I love this refrigerator it is easy to use and can be organized easily the noises are sometimes annoying but after a while you are used to it and it only happens when the refrigerator is making ice to clean it is easy but it gets dirty easily also so you have to clean it at least once a week and lastly I love the sleek design

• Temperature Control:

Very happy with our fridge

Comments about Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY:

We recently purchased this refrigerator and so far so good! We like the way it functions, and are happy wait the appearance.

Noise Level
I can hear the refrigerator going through the ice making process, but it isn't an intrusive noise. I rarely notice any other noise. The noises it does make are minimal, and not real bothersome.

Interior Organization
I think the refrigerator has great space, and seems adequate. I do wish the freezer had more room for bagged veggies, and just a little more door space for smaller things (like ice packs/ lunch ice packs) that need to be grabbed quickly). The inconvenience isn't bad on a regular basis though.

Temperature Control
I haven't noticed any issues with temperature control. The settings are easily adjusted, and I haven't even had to think about it.

I love the outside of the fridge. I've noticed that it does get fingerprints and smudges, but we found a product that gets them off easily.

The fridge is really visually appealing.

I wish the water dispenser was aimed differently. It is hard for my kids to put their smaller sized cups up to the dispenser to get their water. The have to line the dispenser up with their cup and then push the water lever with their hand so they won't spill water. The dispenser was made for wider mouthed cups. I do like the way it functions though.

• Temperature Control:

Great refrigerator, but mine has temperature issues sometimes...

Comments about Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY:

I cannot give this fridge 10 points because mine often has some issues. If I have the door open too long while putting in my groceries or doing a quick clean out the fridge often goes up really hot. Even if the door temperature says its 42F (for example) instead of cooling off again, it goes up to about 55F before cooling off. I think its very strange. I often get condensation underneath the glass shelves. One of the plastic holders for the door often pops out. I changed the plastic holder thinking maybe thats why, but it still pops out. It doesn't connect well to the door if that makes sense. So often everything in that section falls to the floor when we take something out of it. We have since learned not to put anything glass in that part. Things kept above the fruit drawers and in the back will get "freezer burn" on it. I've often have half frozen leftovers taken out of the back part of the fridge. The freezer icecube maker had issues for a while. It made TOO many icecubes and some of them would get trapped behind the tray. So then it prevented crushed ice from coming out. So I often have to turn off the icecube maker when its full enough to prevent an overload. We have had a repair guy out 4 times (3 for icecube issues and 1 time for fridge part). The water that comes out of the filter is NOT ever cold. It has a sabbath mode which I'm sure it handy for some people. I'm glad we have a backup garage fridge. I guess I have expectations that are too high.

Noise Level
Its pretty quiet. I don't have complaints about that. I hear the icecubes when they fall but for the most part noise isn't an issue.

Interior Organization
I really like how everything is organized! I have 3 shelves inside and then a deli drawer in the middle, and 2 extra drawers on the bottom, one for fruit and the other vegetables. There are 5 plastic holders on the door. 1 of mine often pops out and doesn't work, the other ones are more solid without any problems.

Temperature Control
The temperature is often all over the place. We installed a surge protector on this in case it was an electricity issue, and while that might have made the slightest difference with the temperature not going up and down like a yo-yo. It still means if the door is open for any length of time, the fridge will NOT just cool it off from the temperature the door shuts at. It warms it up and then finally drops the temperature inside back down again. Very weird.

Just wipe off everything. Its glass and plastic. Its pretty simple.

I don't know how long this will last.....My 10 yr old kenmore "garage" fridge is still going strong and never had issues, only that it wasn't big enough for our family. But this one..I doubt it will last that long. With the temperature going up and down all the time that can't be a good sign.

Its a nice looking side by side fridge. I worry about it being stainless steel though. I would of preferred white to match the other appliances we have, but nothing seems to be sold these days that aren't stainless color.

• Temperature Control:

Great fridge BUT stainless steel finish is a pain to keep clean!

Comments about Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY:

I love everything about the fridge except how it actually looks in my kitchen!! The stainless steel surface smudges very easily so it is impossible to keep clean. It also scratches easily leaving permenant scratches in the finish. Obviously all cosmetic, but if I had known I would have gone with the black finish or even another model that has a smudge proof finish.

The fridge does work very well for what it is intended. Sometimes the ice maker seems to run a little slow but the handy feature on front of the water dispenser lets you select 'fast ice.' That has been a life saver during parties. Another great feature is that the ice maker is on the door so it doesn't take up any shelf space in the freezer. I love having a seperate ice and water dispenser and the water filters and easy to find online. There is plenty of space in the fridge for everything. We actually bought this one and intented to use our old one in the garage but have no need since this fridge holds everything, even for a 6 person family!

• Temperature Control:

A high-quality fridge with a great water dispenser.

Comments about Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY:

This fridge is the best I've ever had. It has plenty of space for my household, even with 7 residents! The door shelves are the perfect size for my condiments and jarred foods.

Noise Level
It will sometimes make a weird noise, like a garage door opening. It's not very annoying, but makes my dog freak out every time he hears it.It has good use of space

Interior Organization
It uses the space it has well, and I can fit all my groceries and leftovers in it with almost no hassle.

Temperature Control
Whatever temperature I set it at is the temperature it stays at.

All the drawers are removable, so you can get to those hard to reach areas easily. The hardest part of cleaning is reorganizing afterward.

My kids are constantly slamming the doors shut and sliding into the fridge, but it has survived constant damage from 5 children! However, I once had to have a pipe replaced for the water, but from what I've heard that's a rare occurrence.

The fridge has a nice, smooth look to it and goes well with my dishwasher. I only wish there was a bit more space in the freezer.

We love our new fridge!

from Bolingbrook, IL

Comments about Whirlpool 26.4 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator WSF26C2EXY:

This fridge has been perfect for us. We love the deep shelf space, the ice maker/water combo and the look of it. The stainless steel is really classy, and we LOVE how roomy it is! It's been a great fridge so far.