3.9
Whirlpool
Models:
WRT351SFYB, WRT351SFYM
Whirlpool 21.1 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

Whirlpool WRT351SFYB 21.1 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator with SpillMizer Glass Shelves, Humidity Controlled Crispers, Adjustable Door Bins, Full-Width Pantry and Condiment Caddy: Black

Whirlpool refridgerator model WRT35!SFYB

After having to get rid of a GE side by side Refrigerator, water and icemaker included after only 4 years....nothing but problems, I decided to go back to a basic refridgerator. This whirlpool model is the same size as my side by side. Everything that I had in the side by side fit in the refridgerator and freezer and only filled half of both. I am finally able to stock up when something is on sale. I fill pitchers with water and make my own cubes now, but I am so happy I made this purchase. Whirlpool model is very energy efficient and runs smoothly. Love it. Noise Level don't even hear it. Interior Organization Lots of room and very organized. The only thing I don't like about it is the very large cheese coldcut drawer. You have to open and close carefully due to its size. Durability Just got it, but so far so good. Design Just don't care for the large cheese/coldcut drawer. A little difficult to open and shut.

Hicksville, NY

Gets the job done.

For the price, I cannot complain. I got it at lowe's and it's worked fine for years. Has plenty of shelves, and cools down pretty quickly. Energy efficient is a plus as well. Noise Level Most units like this are pretty noisy when and can keep you up. I have liked this brand and every time I purchase something similar to this it seems they keep in mind that it is important for any home appliance to be quiet. I am very satisfied with the noise output of this machine when cooling, and that is why I bought this unit. Interior Organization Your standard layout of drawers makes it very user to user friendly. There is plenty of space to fit your meats, dairy, and other products. Very efficient with space. Temperature Control Little slider that is easy to use. Durability Hasn't broken down as long as I've had it. This is my fourth unit from this manufacturer and I will probably continue to buy similar units as long as the prices don't soar and they stay keep comping in good quality and last like I have come to expect. Design It is a good economy design, and it shows it.

true

You Get What you pay for.

I live in a small apartment so unfortunately we had to go for a small refrigerator. I have had Whirlpool before so I decided to go for this one as it fit my kitchen well. There are pros and cons to this fridge. The freezer space is very small but it keeps very cold and evenly so. The fridge itself varies in temperature. I find myself having to play with the cold gauge knob as a result from frozen milk or warm lunch meat. The bottom shelf doesn't get too cold but the top shelf near the light it tends to freeze stuff if too far back on the shelf. I suppose for the price it's a decent little fridge but if I had known about the amount of food that would go bad as a result of freezing and/or getting too warm I probably would have gone for a slightly more expensive one. I'm not sure if I would recommend this fridge to anyone besides those looking for a beer man cave fridge. Spend a little more for a better product otherwise. Noise Level It has a few buzzing noises here and there but otherwise it's very quiet. Interior Organization Not too many shelves but there are enough. Temperature Control The coolness varies, sometimes my milk and/or eggs end up frozen. Ease of Cleaning It's small so it's easy to clean. Durability Nothing has broken on mine yet, I have had it a little over a year. Design Small and simple.

true

This is a very good small refrigerator

This refrigerator was donated by Whirlpool to victims of the national disaster Cedar Fire in 2003, which left thousands of people in Southern California devastated. My family lost everything except our lives. Whirlpool truly came through with its generosity. Some people may have a need for a larger refrigerator, but for those who need a basic unit, this is the perfect choice. It is an excellent refrigerator! Even after ten years of use, it runs just like it was brand new. The freezer is great; all items freeze completely in one hour! This really comes in handy when making ice. The refrigerator keeps everything at an even temperature, so there is no worry of food going bad because it is not cold enough, or items freezing because they get too cold. My family has been very pleased with this wonderful, efficient Whirlpool refrigerator with top-freezer. Even the food kept in the crisper stays perfectly cold. I highly recommend this refrigerator/freezer by Whirlpool! Temperature Control Very easy to find the perfect temperature.

true

For the price it is decent!

Hi, I like that this fridge is configurable, and that I can change the way the shelves are set up rather easily. The glass shelves are very easy to clean and I really enjoy having glass shelves as my last fridge had wire shelves and those were much harder to clean, and small things did fall through. The size is very comfortable, but I am using this as a second fridge in my garage, so I did not need to utilize every spare inch. I was disappointed in the flimsiness of the parts of the fridge. However it still is holding up. I was able to use a coupon and I got free delivery from Sears. Durability I haven't had issues YET. But I am sure it is just a matter of time, since the parts appear flimsy. Design The design and style of this fridge are quite good. The crisper drawers are roomy and have nice big windows, so you can easily see the contents. The matte finish on the door keeps the door clean. Overall I have no complaints about the style but I don think it's especially nice or different.

Brooklyn, NY

A WhirlPool Review

This is a very odd refrigerator for me. It works fine, all of the functions are great, and it has great capabilities and a large top freezer. It has an extremely sleek interior that functions very well for holding and storing food. However, it does have a large drawback. The sliding drawer in the main area of the refrigerator does not stay on. It constantly falls off of the tracks and is a huge nuisance. We called in a repairman and he said that some of these refrigerators Whirlpool makes are poorly designed and fall off the tracks and there is nothing he can do about it. Also, the drawer under our butter dish constantly is falling out. It is kind of a pain to have to deal with that all of the time when getting lunch meat out of the meat drawer and having the drawer fall out from under you. All in all this refrigerator is an OKAY purchase. I do not highly recommend it but it is a decent refrigerator that keeps your meat cool and your ice frozen.

Small freezer

It is a good refrigerator Noise Level can hear the ice maker Interior Organization like the glass shelves, the bottom drawers are great. I like the can holder in the door Temperature Control the temp is good. like how the bottom drawers can be put on crisp Ease of Cleaning shelves are easy to take out and wash. Durability durability is good. have banged the glass shelf and nothing happen. Design the freezer is very small

Tuscarawas, OH

true

This little fridge does a great job!

One of our very first new homeowner purchases, after the flag pole for his alma mater flag  (I wish I was kidding about that one), was this little fridge. It's basically a beer fridge. I wanted some additional freezer storage, and we both wanted a place to keep our cold beer since our kitchen fridge is on the small side. This baby is perfect for drinks! We adjusted the shelves a little and can pack it with as much as 3 cases of beer, not including the crisper drawer. That spot is reserved for water and soda. I realize it's a little ridiculous to write a review based on beer alone, so here is the part where I store the food: I have the top freezer section PACKED with stuff (including the top part of our wedding cake...April cannot come fast enough!) And it keeps everything frozen perfectly solid. The only problem is...and maybe this has to do with its location in the house on a rug, but the freezer door will pop open when you shut the bottom fridge drawer. I have woken up to a half defrosted freezer before, which is immensely upsetting. Otherwise, it's a quiet and good fridge to have in a small space! Recently a soda exploded in the fridge part. The explosion was so intense that it took a piece of the plastic shelf out and cracked the shelf in half. After looking for a replacement part and seeing it cost almost as much as the fridge did, we taped up the shelf and now it precariously holds our precious bottles of beer. Yikes!

Plymouth Meeting, PA

not bad for the price

this was a good bargain for us, very cheap and also small and unfortunately we have a small house and needed to get a smaller refrigerator!! it fits great! mostly a positive purchase only complaint is stuff on the top shelf always freezes even when i have it turned down it still does and the bottom shelf does not stay cool enough so be careful!

Millmont, PA

Love my Fridge!

I love my Whirlpool Refrigerator!  I've had it for about two years.  We don't have a lot of space, so we didn't want anything too big.  At first, this did seem to big, relative to the space we were trying to put it in, but now it doesn't seem so bad.  It's very good at keeping the food nice and cold, but we have had the food on the lowest shelf get frozen.  Not sure what caused that though.  There is a large light in the middle of the top, so if you want to store large, gallon containers on the top shelf, you have to adjust the shelf size or put the containers on either side of the light.  The shelves are adjustable, so really no problem.  There is a crisper on the bottom, typical of most fridge's and our produce has always been nice and crisp.  The Whirlpool refrigerator is a good value and cleans up easily.  Our food is always fresh and crisp and the size is about right for our family of four people.  I would recommend this fridge to someone looking for one!

Bellingham, WA