Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
W8RXEGMWS, W8RXEGMWB, W8RXEGMWQ
Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

Whirlpool W8RXEGMWS 17.5 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator with Automatic Defrost System, Factory Installed Automatic Ice Maker and Contoured Door Styling: Stainless Steel

Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

!!!EXCELLENT QUALITY!!!

Good One Go For It!!!

Automatic defrosting, keeps food items in good condition, no bad odour, had service twice, don’t see any problem,
Hi All
I recently had chance of changing my new refrigerator. When i visited a lot of show rooms, i found whirlpool to be one of the best among all the models. It has gud option and making ppl feel better, even electricity consumption is minimal.
Hope you can prefer even this model of Whirlpool. This model
comes with a great colors, that is the one that i have.
The way they have designed is great and the look is superb. May be you
can try to use this model and make this refrigerator one of
your family member. Feel the chill and avoid being hit by the
electricity bill.
Take care

Very Less Noise

Very Good Interior and good space

Temperature Control
Good temperature control, no bad odour

satisfactory

good durable product

nice attractive design and colors

lousy

Comments about Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I purchased this refrigerator as it was highly rated in Consumer Reports but it has been nothing but a headache for me. The warranty was for 1 yr. 6 months after purchase had to have the icemaker repaired. 13 months after purchase( 1 mo out of warranty) the fan motor went and exactly 1 yr after that the fan motor went AGAIN! The ice maker no longer works but will not pay for any further repairs on this piece of crap!

• Temperature Control:

Good layout, easy to take care of

Comments about Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Stylish, because of stainless steel front. Does the job.

Noise Level
I would say it is relatively quiet, quieter than the average, imho.

Interior Organization
Glass shelves are sturdy. The door space is roomy. Love the pockets for soda cans, too. Very clever. The upper two shelves for condiments are very useful. One thing i do not use is the drawer for easy track, somehow, if I put the food in there, I totally forget it. :(

Temperature Control
Have not figured it out yet. Freezes the produce in the back, if left on 6. If on lower, I am afraid the food will spoil. The freezer temperature is excellent.

The shelves are easy to take out for cleaning. I love the removable door shelves especially! Freezer is very easy to clean, as there never is ice accumulation.

The durability is excellent, I would say. Had the fridge for three years and it is still as new.

Love the design of stainless steel, and the classical division with the freezer on top is practical.

Whirlpool 18 cu ft top freezer refrigerator

from Flushing, NY

Comments about Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We simply loveee this fridge. It keeps my veggies as crisp as freshly picked. I have my own vegetable garden and i get plenty of tomatoes and other veggies each year, i freeze the tomotoes and use them year long. The freezer holds amazing amount of stuff. Cleaning is also easy. Almost all parts are removable and easily washable. I just wish they were dishwasher safe.

• Temperature Control:

Very basic, but good for a small space.

from Portland, OR

Comments about Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We have an older place, and the kitchen is extremely small. The cabinets are all set at unusual heights, so it was difficult to find a fridge that was short enough to fit in our space. Luckily, this one was just the right size. It's very basic, with just one big crisper compartment in the bottom, and only the top shelf is tall enough to sit a bottle of juice or jug of milk upright, but there is much more depth to this one than our old one. The freezer compartment is also sizable for such a short fridge, but there is no shelf inside, though there are grooves built in to hold one. I guess you only get a shelf with the more expensive models!

Noise Level
Noise is not a problem with this unit.

Interior Organization
The fridge itself is fine, but there is no shelf in the freezer compartment, which is extremely odd, considering the height of the compartment. It makes it a little difficult to stack things.

Temperature Control
Keeps things at the right temperatures with no issues.

Many of the surfaces are plastic, and they don't come out to wipe down very easily.

So far, so good!

It's definitely nice looking.

Great!

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We bought this for our garage to store overflow items and it is perfect. Very attractive and not too big.Refrigerator and freezer work great. Very pleased with this appliance. Adjustable shelves inside the refrigerator are great so we can fit whatever it is in without any problems. I got this in November, just in time for Thanksgiving. Plenty of room to thaw out the turkey in the refrigerator. Shelves in the door are great for sode, or whatever else you need to put in there. This refrigerator is much quietier than the one I had before. You barely hear it. You have to stop and listen for it. We did not opt for the ice maker since it was going in the garage- so I cannot comment on that.

Old Reliable

Comments about Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We have had this refrigerator for about seven years now. This refrigerator has very even cooling and freezing. I do not get frozen veggies in the fridge and nothing is found too warm. I am very pleased with the way it holds all of our food, even though it is a smaller refrigerator. We have a small space to fit a refrigerator in our kitchen and it fits just right. There is a deli pull our drawer and two vegetable/fruit drawers with temperature control. The interior of the door features two roomy shelves (not large enough for a gallon of milk though) and a butter compartment and a small compartment next to that.

Noise Level
Makes an occasional klink, but nothing too noisy.

• Temperature Control:

Great product for space with low overhead

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Whirlpool 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We needed a stainless refrigerator for a space with a lower overhead as we had storage already in place over where our old refrigerator was. There were many options that looked and performed cheaply, but we needed an option to go with our other stainless/black appliances that would serve our family for quite a few years. This Whirlpool was one of the few options and it has been a great choice for our family. We love it and the stainless surface is easy to clean, perfect with two small boys running around! The only temperamental thing we've found is sometimes inconsistent temperature control, but we've figured out what we need to do for best usage.