Other Refrigerators:
Top-Freezer Refrigerators
Whirlpool

Whirlpool 18.9 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator G9IXEFMWB

Pros

• Easy access (4)
  • Customizable shelving (3)
  • Energy efficient (3)

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)
    • Personal (5)

A 'cool' buy.

Had this fridge/freezer for a year now and I'm very impressed with the amount of food it will store and keep cold/frozen. Plus altering the shelves to accommodate larger items like bottled water, soda, milk etc is very sime and easy.

Noise Level
The only reason I have it an 8 was because the ice maker can be quite noisy as it dumps the frozen cubes into the catch basin, and then the refilling of water is loud.... But this is for less them a minute every few hours so once you figure out the noise it's not as startling as when you first hear it!

Interior Organization
Lots of space and the shelves are easily adjusted.

Temperature Control
Easy to use and understand and clearly labelled.

Simple and easy to wipe out with a damp cloth every week. The front does tend to show the dust and dirt a little, but again it wipes clean easily with a damp soapy cloth.

So far it's held up to a year of use (including having my toddler grandchildren play with magnetic letters and shapes on the door and side) with no problems.

Cheap and tedious

This fridge is decent for small homes but not for long-term. You can adjust shelves, store your food in crisp shelves, adjust the temp and make ice. After awhile we noticed it started to leak, it's horribly inconvenient now you can't store anything in the drawers or near the back of the fridge since it leaks and the water eventually freezes over your Rubbermaid and soaks and ruins your veggies etc in the drawers. Definitely do not recommend it if you plan on having it for awhile.

Cheap and tedious

from Jordyn, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet

Cons

• Flimsy Shelves
  • Leaks
  • Poor Layout
  • Unreliable

I didn't have a choice

from Oregon

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Energy Efficient
  • Ice Maker
  • Simple

Cons

• Noisy
  • Poor Layout

Comments about Whirlpool 18.9 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator G9IXEFMWB:

This is a super simple refrigerator. It was in the townhouse that I moved into years ago. My absolute favorite feature is the ice maker. I love cold cold beverages and I always used to have to fill tray or remember to pick up a bag at the store. Which, quite frankly, I rarely ever remembered to. It is a little small for a family of four, and I am sure it is isn't the most energy efficient, but it is nice, it gets the job done.

Mhsna

from Iraq

Is very

from UAE

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy Access

Cons

• Unreliable

• Large Kitchens

veery bad

• Personal
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Gets the job done

from Outside US

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• 2nd Refrigerator
    • Office Fridge

Comments about Whirlpool 18.9 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator G9IXEFMWB:

This fridge brings back a lot of memories for me because it was my mother's faithful companion for a long time. We kept the fish, meat, left-over food and other perishables in the freezer and we kept bottles of water, soft drinks and other non-perishables in the fridge.

It works great, makes little noise and freezes food items perfectly. As our fridge advanced in years, it started making some grinding noises but it kept on working. The freezer can turn your food into rock ice within 24 hours I wish it had more space because there were times we had a huge volume of food to store but there was not enough space.

The shelves in the fridge are not customizable but that is okay, you can keep tall things in there, you can keep a lot of drinks in the fridge and they will cool just fine. Infact whenever my father had to host a meeting with the members of his club at home, the fridge will be stocked from top to bottom with drinks and they all cooled rapidly. It can store at least one hundred bottles if they are stacked on top of each other.

• Personal

Great buy at that price!

from India

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Holds Temperature Well

• 2nd Refrigerator
      • Large Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool 18.9 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator G9IXEFMWB:

I bought this fridge few months ago and i am impressed with its performance. It has lots of space inside to store foods and keeps those foods cold/frozen. You can even alter the shelves to store larger items inside the fridge.
      Interior Organization
      The fridge is nicely crafted with lots of space to store foods within. It has also adjustable shelves that can be easily altered to store larger items like bottles, jars,etc.
      Temperature Control
      The buttons easily labelled and very easy to use. Once you set the temperature at your desired level, the fridge will take care the rest.
      Whirlpool has a long history of making well-built consumer products. I can assume that this fridge will also be the same and remain durable for years to come without any problems.

A 'cool' buy.

Interior Organization
      Lots of space and the shelves are easily adjusted.

Temperature Control
      Easy to use and understand and clearly labelled.

• Temperature Control:

Best Little Fridge and Freezer!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Whirlpool 18.9 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator G9IXEFMWB:

I got this while our big refrigerator went out and was being repaired, and I love it so much that we kept it as a second refrigerator and freezer. This is a nice and small compact size but even with that being said, it has so much room inside and you do not feel like it does not have enough space, it has a whole lot. The shelves in this unit are really easy to move around so that you can organize the inside in any way that you want it to be and to make it able to fit a lot of larger items inside. The freezer also has a lot of room and became frozen really fast and when you put new food in their it freezes it very fast. When you plug this in it is amazingly quiet and you really don't even know that it is on, it makes absolutely no noise at all. The open space in this unit makes it very easily to quickly clean up any messes, they wipe away really easily. This is a great bargain fridge that works so well and will not cost you an arm and a leg.

• Temperature Control:

We looked at lots of fridge configurations, and love it!

Comments about Whirlpool 18.9 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator G9IXEFMWB:

It is highly efficient, keeps fruits and veggies well, and my daughters can open the door and all the compartments inside. It closes well too.

I never hear it, ever.

Interior Organization
      It has lots of options for where to place the two shelves, and it works great for us.

Temperature Control
      It does seem to run cold, my meat doesn't always defrost in the fridge after 24 hours.

The inside is very easy to clean, but the outside usually needs a buffing with a cotton cloth because of the black color.

We bought Whirlpool for the durability and expect it to last a long time. We've had it for 4 months.

It is exactly what we wanted.

Good Product

Comments about Whirlpool 18.9 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator G9IXEFMWB:

We have had our Whirlpool for about a year and a half now. We love it. It is perfect for us. We just wanted a fridge that was simple and served our needs. We don't need a fridge that holds the entire grocery store in it to consider it a good machine. I do wish the freezer storage was a little bigger and an ice maker would be good but ice trays work just fine for us.